Loss of Mayo To Be The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Loss of Mayo To Be The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back?

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

i had really high hopes for this season. this team felt like the old SB Pats with a top end defense and offense that manufactured enough points to win. but with the loss of vince, mayo, amendola, and possibly talib, i don't see them making it far in the playoffs.

Ricky?

whoa!! you are good! do you work for the mossad or something?? Sealed

lol f*ck the Mossad

I actually work for the NSA and have tapped into your IP hehe

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

It ain't over (camel's back ain't broken) til it's over. Next man up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

As a fan completely shell shockd with the number of injuries to starters. Mayo is a huge loss.
    BB has perhaps the biggest challenge of his coaching career in plugging all the holes.  Wow.

This is true.  Will he add someone to the roster? Shore up both the OL and DL? Find a veteran LB? If the Patriots actually win the SB this year, it probably would go down as being one of his best coached seasons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Complete random thought......

I wonder if a Patriots player has ever come on here for laughs

Okay....back to business at hand

I doubt it, but I guess it's possible....lol Laughing
    I think they would be more embarassed by the overall tenor of the forum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

If Talib and Dennard can get and stay healthy, and Brady doesn't go down, we can compete with anybody.   We've had Mayo and Vince together in their prime for years and our defense was not nearly as good as it is now.   Some could say it s___ed.   Finally have playmaking athletes at the skilled positions on defense.

True, Wilfork and Mayo have been together a long time. One could argue they were part of the core/foundation.  Players like Jones, Nink, Kelly, and Talib - in combination to the JAGs were enough to "make some plays" during key parts of games. Call it synergy...lol.  That's the thing though. If Talib and Kelly can't play for a while, what's that going to do to the dynamics of the defense.  Will they end up going vanilla again and giving up more points, worse red zone d, worse passing defense?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

I dont believe so--the straw breaking the camels back would be for Talib and maybe even TB going down for the year? Then the Pats would have no chance for the SB.

I think that thought is how many fans feel...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I believe the O will begin to earn it's pay going forward easing the losses on D.

Good point.  In a true complimentary team game, This can be the answer.  Brady talked about it in his comments.  Offense executes ...  Scores more points.  The fact that they put up 30 points against NO is a really good sign IMO. 

Amazing that the team can shift like that and pick each other up.  Brady would be the one to lead this cause.  Watched the insider replay of Pats/Saints last night on NFL.  I have been so down on that network because of the cheesy thursday crap,  but those replay games are excellent.   They speed up the plays and interject comments that come after the game that adds insight into what is happening. 

THEN they have Brady mic'd up so hear him chirping to the players on the sidelines... the chatter and audibles at the line.  The pep talk stuff in the huddle.  Its amazing if you have never heard that stuff before.  I hadn't to that extent so it opned my eyes a bit more at Brady's fire and leadership .  Funny moment came after his pick at the end...  he mumbles to himself..  "... its over 'now' ($#!+ )...  "

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Good point.  In a true complimentary team game, This can be the answer.  Brady talked about it in his comments.  Offense executes ...  Scores more points.  The fact that they put up 30 points against NO is a really good sign IMO. 

Amazing that the team can shift like that and pick each other up.  Brady would be the one to lead this cause.  Watched the insider replay of Pats/Saints last night on NFL.  I have been so down on that network because of the cheesy thursday crap,  but those replay games are excellent.   They speed up the plays and interject comments that come after the game that adds insight into what is happening. 

THEN they have Brady mic'd up so hear him chirping to the players on the sidelines... the chatter and audibles at the line.  The pep talk stuff in the huddle.  Its amazing if you have never heard that stuff before.  I hadn't to that extent so it opned my eyes a bit more at Brady's fire and leadership .  Funny moment came after his pick at the end...  he mumbles to himself..  "... its over 'now' ($#!+ )...  "

It was a good point.  My only concern is that if the defense goes to shyt now and during playoffs, there are those few teams that can get to Brady and disrupt the offense.  Those are the few teams/types of games where we need a good defense to help win some games - those 1-2 defensive plays during key moments.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Looks like the loss of Talib and Mayo (and Kelly) resulted in a pretty ugly looking defense that looked similar to 2011 and early 2012

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

I've been saying this since we drafted him in the 1st RD.  Hightower will go down as one of the WORST 1st Rd pick EVER.  He is so big and slow.  He was horrendous yesterday!! Between he and Spikes(whom is 10X better than DAnte), we have the slowest LB group in the league.  So not only can we not stop the run anymore with Wilfork and Kelly gone, we cant cover a RB or TE!!!   So frustrating!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Before we panic, I think we need to give these guys a week or two to get used to playing without Mayo.  We'll see how well they correct mistakes and adjust over the next few games.  The D is greatly changed with its signal caller gone.  Hightower needs some tme to build up his confidence and everyone around him needs time to get used to him in that position. 

The loss of Mayo is huge and, in the end, could be more than the team can overcome--but one game isn't enough for us to judge that.  We need to at least give these guys a few weeks to work out the kinks before we jump to conclusions . . . . or start jumping off bridges. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

nonetheless, the LB corp are gonna have to pony up. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Before we panic, I think we need to give these guys a week or two to get used to playing without Mayo.  We'll see how well they correct mistakes and adjust over the next few games.  The D is greatly changed with its signal caller gone.  Hightower needs some tme to build up his confidence and everyone around him needs time to get used to him in that position. 

The loss of Mayo is huge and, in the end, could be more than the team can overcome--but one game isn't enough for us to judge that.  We need to at least give these guys a few weeks to work out the kinks before we jump to conclusions. 

yes, they need time.  Hightower looked lost at times, but that was expected.  As many have already said, Talib's absence had a greater domino effect on the defense in general.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

No matter how much "experience and time" Hightower will get in the next few weeks, it won't make him faster, a more vocal leader (one of the knocks on him in Alabame), or a better fit as a leader on the Defense. 

Sections
Shortcuts