LOSS = TEAM EFFORT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

LOSS = TEAM EFFORT

It's not fair to point a finger at any one thing or person for this loss .

That said :

It's becoming clear that Devin McCourty is a liability who no longer deserves a prominent role on our defense .

His big play ability is non existent and it now appears last season was no fluke ( maybe 2010 was the fluke ? )

Even his normally solid tackling looked weak - That effort on the Pitta Td was an embarrassment .

He's a shell of his former self both mentally and physically , and if he doesnt turn it @ -

The day may come when he doesn't even deserve a roster spot .

Also -

The coaching staff needs to do a better job of reading game situations and reacting accordingly .

That vanilla pass rush needed to be adjusted.

Playing it safe was obviously not the way to go . Why allow Flacco to get comfortable against our non penetrating 4 man rush ? Foolish.

Frustrating to watch too .

It felt like once again Belichick was playing not to lose .

The D rookies were next to invisible and played like ...rookies.

At the end of the game Slator gave up on a Jacoby Jones fair catch that was fumbled ...instead of running hard and anticipating a drop ( the guy had fumbled for the Texans the last time he was in Balt )

Maybe it was the very sad Torry Smith side story but it just felt like a less talented Ravens team just played with more heart .

( Offensive guys like Brady - Welker - Mankins etc. excluded )

The good news is there's plenty of time to make the necessarily adjustments and get it right.

The bad news is heart isn't something you can teach .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: LOSS = TEAM EFFORT

i thought you were referring to the officiating team

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

i thought you were referring to the officiating team

Maybe the worst officiated game in NFL history  ...

but IMO it still doesn't dismiss the above points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:

It's not fair to point a finger at any one thing or person for this loss .

That said :

It's becoming clear that Devin McCourty is a liability who no longer deserves a prominent role on our defense .

His big play ability is non existent and it now appears last season was no fluke ( maybe 2010 was the fluke ? )

Even his normally solid tackling looked weak - That effort on the Pitta Td was an embarrassment .

He's a shell of his former self both mentally and physically , and if he doesnt turn it @ -

The day may come when he doesn't even deserve a roster spot .

correct on all points

Also -

The coaching staff needs to do a better job of reading game situations and reacting accordingly .

That vanilla pass rush needed to be adjusted.

there is no pash rush, no blitzing and that means offensive line man sit back and hang in. With some pressure thsoe offensive lineman would start to 'cheat' and we would proabably get more holding calls.

Playing it safe was obviously not the way to go . Why allow Flacco to get comfortable against our non penetrating 4 man rush ? Foolish.

Frustrating to watch too .

It felt like once again Belichick was playing not to lose .

Sometimes when you bend you still get run over despite how "good" the loss looks...

The D rookies were next to invisible and played like ...rookies.

Jones was held half the time and he played great, not sure what you saw. It's hard to make an impact when your asked to play soft as you mentioned....

At the end of the game Slator gave up on a Jacoby Jones fair catch that was fumbled ...instead of running hard and anticipating a drop ( the guy had fumbled for the Texans the last time he was in Balt )

I was so pissed when I saw that, that is lazy play!

Maybe it was the very sad Torry Smith side story but it just felt like a less talented Ravens team just played with more heart .

No, our secondary sucks. Plenty of people have played/faught for bigger thigns than themselves and still lost.

( Offensive guys like Brady - Welker - Mankins etc. excluded )

The good news is there's plenty of time to make the necessarily adjustments and get it right.

The bad news is heart isn't something you can teach .

Heart means nothign when your not talented enough to produce what you want out of yourself...

You have some valid points, but overall our secondary drastically puts a handicap on this team. BB needs to learn how to better utilize what he has, for the last 5-7 years its been the same bs with out defensive problems.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, for sure it was a team loss.  And I agree about McCourty, he's not QUITE as bad as last year, but he is close.  I don't feel that way about Arrington and Gregory, I'm tired of Chung.  The Ravens O-Line was getting away with massive holding, but I didn't like Ninkovich as a down lineman at all.  Offense was baffling, I would have thought more Ridley and fewer OBVIOUS run formations.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Good post by the Capt.  Would have liked to see  more Ridley.

Have to do something with McCourty soon.  He just doesn't seem to

get his head around and look for the ball.  He picked a bad time to forget

how to tackle.

Sections
Shortcuts