Loss today is okay if...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Loss today is okay if...

Houston, Denver and Baltimore win. 

If there is no way the Pats can secure a 1st round bye, then I would honestly rather see them as the 4th seed hosting Indy.  Let the Bangals go to Baltimore.  I think regardless of the outcome, both widlcard home teams will win.  I would rather have the Pats go to Houston and let Baltimore deal with Denver. 

I still think that even if they do not get a 1st round bye they have to go through both Houston and Denver.  I would just rather see the Patriots play Denver in the AFC Champ game if they make it that far. Jumt my opinion.....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Loss today is okay if...

Don't be such a pussycat, they can take Denver. Plus, if they can't beat Denver, what's going to happen when they meet Green Bay or ATL in the SB? 

The Pats match up better against the Broncos than they do against the Colts and Denver just routed Baltimore by 30 points a few weeks ago. We're going to have to meet them anyway, might as well meet them sooner rather than later. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to IraqSteve's comment:

Houston, Denver and Baltimore win. 

If there is no way the Pats can secure a 1st round bye, then I would honestly rather see them as the 4th seed hosting Indy.  Let the Bangals go to Baltimore.  I think regardless of the outcome, both widlcard home teams will win.  I would rather have the Pats go to Houston and let Baltimore deal with Denver. 

I still think that even if they do not get a 1st round bye they have to go through both Houston and Denver.  I would just rather see the Patriots play Denver in the AFC Champ game if they make it that far. Jumt my opinion.....

If the bengals go to Baltimore then it's 2weeks in a row. Advantage ravens.  Let them play Andrew lucky.  We should eat the bengals. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I keep saying this, but Talib and Dennard are physical CBs who match up well against physical WRs. Their trouble comes with speedy WRs who can blow right past them. They're a combined 410 pounds, that's more than any other CB duo in the NFL I would guess. 

Talib's worst game as a Patriot was against the Colts. T.Y. Hilton just kept running past him and he couldn't keep up. Dennard's worst game was against the Bills and Stevie Johnson making him look like a...rookie, I guess. There's a reason why we handle Houston, we're made to beat teams like them and Denver. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Big DL, huge LBs and big CBs. We have smaller, but faster than average safeties in McCourty and Chung. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

We have a young team and if we play next week it could be a good thing, because it could get rid of the playoff gitters and get the use to playoff game speed. So it might be better to play next week and warm up to playoffs at home against a weaker opponent. I think we can beat colts and bengals and if we have to go to denver to beat the broncos, we will see if this team has what it takes to go to the superbowl. I think they do, they just have to execute.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No loss headed into the playoffs is good.  I want a win today!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

not really a loss when Mallet comes out for the second half and the starters get rest...

Whats the weather looking like up there anyway fellas?  Its freezing in Afghan!!!  I got no heat either!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to IraqSteve's comment:

not really a loss when Mallet comes out for the second half and the starters get rest...

Whats the weather looking like up there anyway fellas?  Its freezing in Afghan!!!  I got no heat either!!

Where you at Steve? I was in Logar prior and just left Herat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Why even say.. " a loss is OK"?  Since when is losing going to be OK to the Pats as an organization?  Seems only fans are willing to discuss the possibility of losing as a positive thing.  Strange.  When you play sports, being on a winning roll is significantly more important than trying to recover from a loss.  Saying a loss is OK is like saying one can flip the switch to win the next one is a given.  You do not lose a game then think winning the next one is easy since you just had a loss.  A win provides positive momentum and mind set.   A loss can plant a negative seed which can prevent the next win. I just want to see the Pats bury their next 4 - 5 (depending on playoff seeding) opponents! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Why even say.. " a loss is OK"?  Since when is losing going to be OK to the Pats as an organization?  Seems only fans are willing to discuss the possibility of losing as a positive thing.  Strange.  When you play sports, being on a winning roll is significantly more important than trying to recover from a loss.  Saying a loss is OK is like saying one can flip the switch to win the next one is a given.  You do not lose a game then think winning the next one is easy since you just had a loss.  A win provides positive momentum and mind set.   A loss can plant a negative seed which can prevent the next win. I just want to see the Pats bury their next 4 - 5 (depending on playoff seeding) opponents! 

Your probably right but Bill did not seem to take the final dolphins game to seriously in 2005. He seemed perfectly happy with that loss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No loss headed into the playoffs is good.  I want a win today!!

Agreed. No laying down. In it to win it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Your probably right but Bill did not seem to take the final dolphins game to seriously in 2005. He seemed perfectly happy with that loss.

Expecting a loss versus accepting the result are two different things. In that last game, he probably expected a coasting win and it didn't happen.  So, he goes, "oh well"..

Sections
Shortcuts