Love Gone as Well

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Love Gone as Well

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

First you claimed that becasue of the CBA, that the NFL was exempt from federal employment and discrimination laws,

I never said that.  I simply pointed out that the CBA specifically contradicted them with the implication being that the NFLPA sees those laws as a moot point.

[QUOTE]

then you said that diabetes was not a disability, now you have pasted something that still does not support your claim.  You have gone on record saying that an employee cannot sue an employer because diabetes is not a disability.  That is not what your post says.

[/QUOTE]

Once again you are wrong and are misrepresenting what I said.  You said that the Patriots were in violation of the ADA.  In order to be in violation they need to be firing someone with a disability.  The EEOC quotes I posted demonstrate that Love's diabetes would not be considered a disability under the ADA unless you want to present evidence that Love is struggling with simple tasks such as feeding and caring for himself.  So sure Love could try and sue the Patriots.  You can sue for anything in this country.  People sued McDonalds for making them fat.  I could sue BDC for allowing a troll like you to infest this board.  That doesn't mean there is any legal grounds for such a lawsuit given that the law you quoted doesn't apply and the CBA specifically omits any of those grounds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

pcmIV, may I respectfully suggest that you are attempting to conduct an intelligent, functional exchange with someone who is neither prepared nor equipped to do so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Can we be taking about a shift back to heavier use of the 3-4 defense? I mean we now have 4- 1st-2nd rd drafted line backers, and another proven starter in Nink. I would think we would want to get the most talented positional group on the field at the same time.

Kelly       Wilfork       Jones(/armstead/SeymourI hope)

Hightower    Spikes        Mayo     Nink/Collins

Talib         DMC               A-Wilson                Dennard

Keep the incredible hulk behind Jones and Nink to support the run as they would be considered the weak end of the line. I don't see very many holes in this set.

I think ATJ is telling you to stop feeding the troll. What do you guys think about the Love and Deadrick cuts as a possible re-introduction to the 3-4 defense? As I tried to portray with the above post..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Actually, True, I was more telling him that he was pi$$ing up a rope.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Can we be taking about a shift back to heavier use of the 3-4 defense? I mean we now have 4- 1st-2nd rd drafted line backers, and another proven starter in Nink. I would think we would want to get the most talented positional group on the field at the same time.

Kelly       Wilfork       Jones(/armstead/SeymourI hope)

Hightower    Spikes        Mayo     Nink/Collins

Talib         DMC               A-Wilson                Dennard

Keep the incredible hulk behind Jones and Nink to support the run as they would be considered the weak end of the line. I don't see very many holes in this set.

I think ATJ is telling you to stop feeding the troll. What do you guys think about the Love and Deadrick cuts as a possible re-introduction to the 3-4 defense? As I tried to portray with the above post..

I like the 3/4 set as you have it.  Don't see many holes either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Actually, True, I was more telling him that he was pi$$ing up a rope.

I understand, it's easy to get into with trolls when you are passionate about something. I would just tell PCM that he is wasting his time and energy. Which in essence is what you are saying.

Thay guy isn't worth your time PCM. He has an agenda...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Well if Phat Rex agenda is  showing everyone what an idiot he is then  he accomplished his  goal.

+1

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

More Patriots hate from the Genious at PFT Mike florio.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/16/patriots-gave-love-two-options-retire-or-be-released/

The patriots gave Love two options, Retire for a year and learn how to deal with the disease or be released. It's pretty obvious which one LOVE chose. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Love may actually have a case, but it appears he's not interested in pursuing it.  I would have loved to have seen it - not from a Patriots perspective, necessarily - but from an employment/discrimination perspective. 

And it would be interesting to see how any CBA exemption might or might not apply.  Surely the exemption is necessary because of the inherent liklihood of injury, but could it be argued that NFL is exempt due to the development of diabetes? 

Although it could be argued that Love's playing position requires him to be heavy, can it be argued that one of the inherent risks associated with this is possibility of developing diabetes and thus the league should be protected? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Love may actually have a case, but it appears he's not interested in pursuing it.  I would have loved to have seen it - not from a Patriots perspective, necessarily - but from an employment/discrimination perspective. 

And it would be interesting to see how any CBA exemption might or might not apply.  Surely the exemption is necessary because of the inherent liklihood of injury, but could it be argued that NFL is exempt due to the development of diabetes? 

Although it could be argued that Love's playing position requires him to be heavy, can it be argued that one of the inherent risks associated with this is possibility of developing diabetes and thus the league should be protected? 

Love doesnt have a case at ALL. His Diabeties affects his ability to perform his job. If the patriots had kept love and allowed him to play this year and he expieranced an episode on the field ( say going into diabetic shock) you would be bashing the pats for not trying to protect him. The pats gave Love two options, Retire from football and learn how to deal with his diabeties and be given a chance next year to play or be released, Kyle love chose to be released.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

It sucks to get sick and lose your job because of it! 

Anyway, this is not the post office, it is the NFL and survival of the fittest rules. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB covets big fat interior defensive linemen.  Remember when it was Two Ton Ted (400 lbs), Seymour (310 lbs) and Warren (300 lbs)?  He has a real depth problem now, because he likes to rotate every D-line player in and out of every game to keep the line fresh.  260 pound 4-3 pass rushing ends/elephants aren't the same as 300 pound defensive tackles.

Armond Armstead is immediately promoted to starter without taking the field in Foxboro yet. 

Kelly is ancient, with 10 seasons experience.  He might last half a season or he might not.  BB needs to search the waiver wire, both now and in late August, to scoop up whatever sumo wrestler drops through the cracks.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

BB covets big fat interior defensive linemen.  Remember when it was Two Ton Ted (400 lbs), Seymour (310 lbs) and Warren (300 lbs)?  He has a real depth problem now, because he likes to rotate every D-line player in and out of every game to keep the line fresh.  260 pound 4-3 pass rushing ends/elephants aren't the same as 300 pound defensive tackles.

Armond Armstead is immediately promoted to starter without taking the field in Foxboro yet. 

Kelly is ancient, with 10 seasons experience.  He might last half a season or he might not.  BB needs to search the waiver wire, both now and in late August, to scoop up whatever sumo wrestler drops through the cracks.

Kelly is one year older than vince Wilfork. How is he anceint?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Case or no case, this could get ugly in the public opinion.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Since when has THAT ever bothered BB :}

Never!  But as a fan I am getting tired of having to hear about it or defending some of the things they do.  That's my only problem.  Just more ammunition for the haters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

Love doesnt have a case at ALL. His Diabeties affects his ability to perform his job. If the patriots had kept love and allowed him to play this year and he expieranced an episode on the field ( say going into diabetic shock) you would be bashing the pats for not trying to protect him. The pats gave Love two options, Retire from football and learn how to deal with his diabeties and be given a chance next year to play or be released, Kyle love chose to be released.

Jay Cutler might disagree with you.  What evidence do you have that managed diabetes (typeII, in fact) would have affected his playing? 

Unless his diabetes has advanced so far as to require insulin, I'd challenge the diabetic seizure comment.  Its unusual for a newly diagnosed type II diabetic to immediately need to go to insulin.  I am sure he's had blood tests throughout his career.  If this had been a long term thing it would have been identified long ago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Type two diabetes is caused by eating too much sugarary foods. Obesity has nothing to do with the disease. I have it and have never been even close to fat. Poor diet and too many HoHo's. It almost killed me before being diagnosed with this dibilitating disease. I hope Kyle will be able too return to play in the NFL. I personally have had two setbacks,once I lost my sight and another time my Kidneys  went on a tangent. In either case I was able to squeeze two years in with no complications.

Jesus. How old are you? And, you're not fat? What were you eating on a regular basis for so long?

I'm 60 years old. I will be 61 in 7 months. I was diagnosed with Hep C in 1995, and reconfirmed that the disease still is active. Diabetes was diagnosed in 2008, the combination of the two diseases because of my level of dibilitation to be declared disabled by doctors from SSDI. As for Diabetes in itself being the main cause of my disability I highly doubt that it was more than a contributing factor and that the Hep C was the major disease in my case. However if Love allows the Diabetes too take control of his body he can lose limbs,sight,and several other not so wonderful things to happen such as failing of kidneys,bladder disease and so on and so forth. As for my never being fat that's just a gene pool thing.I also still lift weights and exercise dail. My diet was strange but I ate a lot of Subway sandwiches and Ho Ho's,ding dongs,Cupcakes and Twinkies. The reason why I ate that crap was time, as my occupation as a long haul truck driver kept me constantly moving, oh by the way ya'll are welcome for all the necessities of life I brought you folks, over a 25 year career as a truck driver.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Love was claimed by the Jags today (no pun intended).  Interesting that they scooped up Lovie and Deaderick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

we will find out....Love has joined Deadrick on the Jags....Pats cuts don't often spend much time as FA's

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Sounds like the diabetes thing wasn't an issue after all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Sounds like the diabetes thing wasn't an issue after all.

I disagree.  As I said in my previous exchange with Wozzy I think the concern on NE's side is warranted.  If his playing weight is causing his disease then you have to wonder whether it is in his best interest to maintain that weight.  Plus despite his agents claims it sounds like he isn't back at his playing weight.  NE gave him the option to take some time off, but he wants to play this year ASAP so NE gave him his walking papers.  I think the fact that he was on the roster bubble made this decision a bit easier for NE as Lovie definitely had a down year last season, but the reason he is gone now as opposed to after camp has to be at least partly due to his condition imo.