LOVE / HATE & RESENTMENT OF THE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

LOVE / HATE & RESENTMENT OF THE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE

No matter the sport, no matter the athlete, there has always been an peculiar relationship between the FAN and the ATHLETE (to be referred to as PRO & JOE).
    There are common threads that should bind them together.  Unfortunately, these are the things that also tear them apart.  The paths we took in life have cemented the uneasiness of the relationship.  From little league, pop warner, junior hockey, YMCA basketball, to gymnastics, we've competed to be the best since we were a child (even though it was meant to be for fun and character building, and sportsmanship).  The drive to excel produces a wide variety of results.  Some we can deal with, and some we can't.  Sometimes it is our own failures that cause us to lash out at those who've succeeded.  Jealousy and envy reign supreme in all of us and is extremely difficult to control.  Unfortunately, these are the primary emotions that have fashioned the wall of division between the PRO and JOE.  The things that should bind us together, fail.  The question is why?  The countless hours of instruction and stewardship as children and  young adults were supposed to teach us otherwise.  Remember, if you weren't in the game, your role was in support of those playing (not ripping them for the fact that someone felt they deserved to play ahead of you). 

Flashforward to today.  The world is what it is and your life is as such.  Circumstances dictate that you are JOE instead of a PRO.  You harbor disdain for the PRO because of the lifestyle his talent, blood, sweat, and tears has afforded him. The fruits of your labor have fallen short.  Your failures in life have begun to thwart your ability to reason rationally. The love for the sport is tragically twisted into hate and resentment towards the PRO who has achieved success in those very sports.  The financial compensation of the PRO "playing a game" is astounding.  That of the JOE in everyday life, perhaps, not so much.  The flames of hate and resentment smolder beneath the surface until the PRO breaches the "unspoken" contract between the two.  There is  phrase within that contract that states " it's okay for you to make MAD MONEY as long as you DON'T conduct yourself as WE (the collective of society) do".  This means that the PRO has unwittingly entered into a contract that he can't understand.  He's an average man or woman, but can't act like one because of the monetary compensation they receive for playing (what the JOE feels is) a childs game. 

JOE's commit every crime known to man and it's okay because he's an AVERAGE citizen whom life has spat upon with an AVERAGE lifestyle.  PRO's commit the very same crimes and it becomes OPEN SEASON.  JOE will say that is because the PRO made themselves public figures.  I say that this is just an EXCUSE for them to unleash the hate and resentment that has festered in their soul since their initial failures.  Any rationally thinking person knows that the "corporate machine" turns the average into the superstar.  The team owners and media create the public image to generate revenue.  The media hypes everthing to ensure employment.  At the center of it all is this PRO, who for the most part, simply wants to play their given sport. 

Just what is it that causes supposedly normal people to go out in public and act crazy.  You get drunk in public, scream and yell obscenities (in front of yours and other peoples children) at a person you don't even really know.  The above mentioned acts are crimes in most jurisdictions, yet you can't see that at the time because of your  rage against the PRO.  You talk about their wives, children, parents etc... and for what.  Is it therapy?  Does it compensate for your shortcomings in your own life, or simply make you look like a fool.  I'm asking each and every one of you to look inside yourself and see if this pertains to you.  If not, outstanding.  If so, do something about it.  Life's too short to dwell on such nonsense.  Enjoy the games for what they are, GAMES....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: LOVE / HATE & RESENTMENT OF THE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE

In Response to LOVE / HATE & RESENTMENT OF THE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE:
    [QUOTE]No matter the sport, no matter the athlete, there has always been an peculiar relationship between the FAN and the ATHLETE (to be referred to as PRO & JOE). There are common threads that should bind them together.  Unfortunately, these are the things that also tear them apart.  The paths we took in life have cemented the uneasiness of the relationship.  From little league, pop warner, junior hockey, YMCA basketball, to gymnastics, we've competed to be the best since we were a child (even though it was meant to be for fun and character building, and sportsmanship).  The drive to excel produces a wide variety of results.  Some we can deal with, and some we can't.  Sometimes it is our own failures that cause us to lash out at those who've succeeded.  Jealousy and envy reign supreme in all of us and is extremely difficult to control.  Unfortunately, these are the primary emotions that have fashioned the wall of division between the PRO and JOE.  The things that should bind us together, fail.  The question is why?  The countless hours of instruction and stewardship as children and  young adults were supposed to teach us otherwise.  Remember, if you weren't in the game, your role was in support of those playing (not ripping them for the fact that someone felt they deserved to play ahead of you).  Flashforward to today.  The world is what it is and your life is as such.  Circumstances dictate that you are JOE instead of a PRO.  You harbor disdain for the PRO because of the lifestyle his talent, blood, sweat, and tears has afforded him. The fruits of your labor have fallen short.  Your failures in life have begun to thwart your ability to reason rationally. The love for the sport is tragically twisted into hate and resentment towards the PRO who has achieved success in those very sports.  The financial compensation of the PRO "playing a game" is astounding.  That of the JOE in everyday life, perhaps, not so much.  The flames of hate and resentment smolder beneath the surface until the PRO breaches the "unspoken" contract between the two.  There is  phrase within that contract that states " it's okay for you to make MAD MONEY as long as you DON'T conduct yourself as WE (the collective of society) do".  This means that the PRO has unwittingly entered into a contract that he can't understand.  He's an average man or woman, but can't act like one because of the monetary compensation they receive for playing (what the JOE feels is) a childs game.  JOE's commit every crime known to man and it's okay because he's an AVERAGE citizen whom life has spat upon with an AVERAGE lifestyle.  PRO's commit the very same crimes and it becomes OPEN SEASON.  JOE will say that is because the PRO made themselves public figures.  I say that this is just an EXCUSE for them to unleash the hate and resentment that has festered in their soul since their initial failures.  Any rationally thinking person knows that the "corporate machine" turns the average into the superstar.  The team owners and media create the public image to generate revenue.  The media hypes everthing to ensure employment.  At the center of it all is this PRO, who for the most part, simply wants to play their given sport.  Just what is it that causes supposedly normal people to go out in public and act crazy.  You get drunk in public, scream and yell obscenities (in front of yours and other peoples children) at a person you don't even really know.  The above mentioned acts are crimes in most jurisdictions, yet you can't see that at the time because of your  rage against the PRO.  You talk about their wives, children, parents etc... and for what.  Is it therapy?  Does it compensate for your shortcomings in your own life, or simply make you look like a fool.  I'm asking each and every one of you to look inside yourself and see if this pertains to you.  If not, outstanding.  If so, do something about it.  Life's too short to dwell on such nonsense.  Enjoy the games for what they are, GAMES....
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself, pal...LOL!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

In Response to Re: LOVE / HATE & RESENTMENT OF THE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE:
    [QUOTE]In Response to LOVE / HATE & RESENTMENT OF THE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE :      Speak for yourself, pal...LOL!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

This is too easy.  Lay out the BAIT and the mice come running.  Who's next?  You guys make this TOO easy...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Yeah, man . . .   dig it.

The "corporate machine" is a stone drag, man.

I've never forgiven them for what they did to Jonathan E.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea speak for yourself man lol I personally dont get drunk at ball games cause i do not drink in drive and i always drive to the games. I might get a little stoned in teh parking lot but if anything that mellows me out lol I very rarely shout anything out at a game that would be dissrepectful to the parents and there kids as I am a high school football coach and understand that a guy is just trying to take his kid to a ball game and does need some drunkin slob calling someone a f aggot because he wears the wrong color uniform. But I also cant stand the people who dont get into teh game or make any noise, if you just want to sit and watch a game in peace do so from home. And teh yuppy D bags and there pink hat girl friends make me sick get the heck out of there and let a real fan go to the game. To me football is the greatest game on Earth and the only time i lash out at a player or coach is either because they did something stupid like bring a hand gun to a night club or because i simply dont like the man like with Dungy I just cant stand that guy it has nothing to do with football i just dont like him.  Now you might say the average Joe brings a hand gun to a night club all the time and what i say to that is I would lash out at that person the same as I would a Pro. It is not ok for anyone Pro or Joe to do such things. we're not all a bunch of ex high school sports stars with nothing left but bitterness and hate so again speak for yourself lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Let me know where you coach so I can send my twin boys to a rival school to drive you crazy LOL  **did not say that everyone fit the description**

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Ok so long as we are clear lol how old are your kids and what posisions do your kids play? offense or defense? I am a defensive coach. I am not quite an X's and O's kind of coach I more of a motiveator lol I know how to get my kids going i know all the bottons to push. I mostly work with the D linemen as that is the spot I played and loved. Getting after teh QB is one of teh funnest things in the world. I get together with friends every year the day after thanksgiving for a giant tackle football game and boy do i love playing D lol And if you boys play O then you are right they would drive me nuts! lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

17 yr old senior WR / DB who loves to blitz and the babies are just 4. My plan is to train them to be the future Tom Brady and Randy Moss combo for the PATS 'round 2028 or so...lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Once, at Shea Stadium, I stood up and yelled "Kill Namath!"
    Three thousand people in the vicinity also stood up and glared at me.
    I have behaved myself since.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LOL well you learned not to do that though lol

Ok so in 2028 I need to be ready for the next Tom Brady and Randy Moss combo! can you try and make sure they become Pats? and also get me a job with the Pats? lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: LOVE / HATE & RESENTMENT OF THE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOVE / HATE & RESENTMENT OF THE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE : This is too easy.  Lay out the BAIT and the mice come running.  Who's next?  You guys make this TOO easy...
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]

Whatever you've been smoking...its' time to put the pipe down, dude.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

such a buzz kill Texas Pat! lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

I could have them be like Elway (using the Yankees as leverage) or perhaps Archie Manning with Eli. Either way, I'll hold them out to ensure they wear the Patriot Red, White and Blue.  They'd have to.  Parents are both military and they're military bratz.  Perfect fit.  Tell you what.  We'll keep in touch over the years and if it comes to fruition, you can be their "rosenhaus". lol

Buzzkill,
    Don't you realize that your being ignored! rlol