Love the way the schedule is shaping up...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Love the way the schedule is shaping up...

Of course, there are no easy games in the NFL, so you still have to win them. That said...

Nice coming out of the bye with two home games, against Buffalo and Indy. Will have to fight complacency against the Bills, and the Colts are improving and playing with considerable heart and fire. Still, these are two games that the Pats should win. Talib will likely make his debut against the Colts, but will likely see limited action.

Then two road games against the Jet and Fins. These are always tough games to call. The Pats have superior talent to both, but execution often trumps talent in division games, because the teams know each other so well that talent alone can be neutralized to an extent. Glad the Fins game is in the 2nd half of the season, as early season games in Miami are more taxing, due to the heat. Hopefully, by the end of the Fins game (3rd with Talib), the newly comprised secondary is playing at, at least, a slightly above average level.

After that, three of four home games to close the season. Two home games against Houston and San Fran, a pair of the league's best, will give the Pats a real good marker for how competitive they will be come playoff time. A road game at Jacksonville should be the closest thing to a "gimme" left; followed by a December 30 game against Miami (hopefully in snow), which should be a lock.

This schedule has a good combination of home field advantage, winnable games, and good solid tests to prepare the Pats for a strong post-season run...

...of course, if they win them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Love the way the schedule is shaping up...

It's definitely a challenging stretch.  Andrew Luck is apparently good, but I'm sure BB will be able to handle him like he has all other rookie QBs in his career.

@ Jets will be tough, they usually split a game with us.  But the Pats will be determined not to let that happen.

@ Miami might be the toughest.  They always give us trouble.  I think it will show a lot of resolve when we win that one.

49ers and Houston are overrated, I'm not worried about those.

Jax is a joke, and BB will have to find another dropkick or something to bring it to an end v Miami.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

My concern is playing the Jets.  Playing in NJ, with the combined hot air about that team coming from their coach and fans could blow the Pats away.  Phat is supporting that rational.  (-;

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Akiraloco. Show Akiraloco's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

It's definitely a challenging stretch.  Andrew Luck is apparently good, but I'm sure BB will be able to handle him like he has all other rookie QBs in his career.

@ Jets will be tough, they usually split a game with us.  But the Pats will be determined not to let that happen.

@ Miami might be the toughest.  They always give us trouble.  I think it will show a lot of resolve when we win that one.

Jax is a joke, and BB will have to find another dropkick or something to bring it to an end v Miami.

oh boy the Dolphins will show "a lot of resolve" but SF and Houston are "overrated (rolls eyes)

Lucky as usual Pats get both at home but still cant wait till Tommy sees that SF defense up close and personal

@JintsFan, Im sorry u mean the same SF defence that destroyed the NYG this year?  yeah ok sign me up, see what happens when u get ahead in points against SF, i know NE secondary is bad, but i just cant see Alex Smith turn into Joe Freaking Montana.  peace out!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to PhatRex's comment:

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

I love that!  The revisionist history of the typical Patriot fan.  Perhaps you neglected to consider Russell Wilson just a few weeks ago when you wrote. "I'm sure BB will be able to handle him like he has all other rookie QBs in his career"  Perhaps you missed the 300 yard, 3 TD, 133 rating day that the rookie had en route to his 4th quarter comeback win?  You best file that little claim with the one about BB not losing when he has two weeks to prepare.

Yes, Houston's top 5 scoring offense and top 5 point preventing defense sure are overrated. What is with you clowns that want to describe every player and team as overrated or underrated?  Given that pathetic need, how could you describe the Patriots as anything other than overrated considering the preseason hype followed up by 4 4th quarter collapses in 8 games?

of course PR...everybody else but the Pats are overrated here at BDC!

LOL what did you expect here??? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

The dolphins may give the Patriots a run for their money.  If their D can get to Brady and cover - who knows how the Patriots secondary will do? All the Dolphins have to do, is keep the game close.  The Patriots still haven't proved they can finish consistently.

Talib is the x factor.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

8-0

Sections
Shortcuts