LT SIGNED 2 year deal with the Jets Sunday Night....Pats could be in bigger trouble

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

LT SIGNED 2 year deal with the Jets Sunday Night....Pats could be in bigger trouble

Just read the Jets signed LT. No matter what we think of the Jets, this is stacking up to be a very competitive year for the Patriots. LT hates the Patriots so I would think he cant wait to play them while being on the Jets and try and run up any scoring he can get. I hope BB can come up with some good playersCry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: LT SIGNED 2 year deal with the Jets Sunday Night....Pats could be in bigger trouble

Tomlinson is washed up...who cares!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: LT SIGNED 2 year deal with the Jets Sunday Night....Pats could be in bigger trouble

Like harley said in another post, the most hated team just added the most hated player should be fun.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

LT doesn't scare anybody any more.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

how are the Pats in toruble? LT sux and has for the past 3 seasons, he cursed himself when he dogged on the partiots after that playoff game in 2006

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: LT SIGNED 2 year deal with the Jets Sunday Night....Pats could be in bigger trouble:
    how are the Pats in toruble? LT sux and has for the past 3 seasons, he cursed himself when he dogged on the partiots after that playoff game in 2006
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I dont disagree that he has suked the past 3 years and is a major choke artist in the playoffs, but one thing I see the Jets adding is the screen out of the backfield, wether you like LT or not, (I cant stand him) but its lsort of similar to Dillion going to New England (meaning that Dillion was supposed to be washed up) LT doesnt have to carry the Jets, just add to the offense.  With him adding a few screens and taking pressure off dirty Sanchez you have to admit it could work.
    This is going to be a very interresting year to say the least, I think the Pats are going to have their work cut out for them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: LT SIGNED 2 year deal with the Jets Sunday Night....Pats could be in bigger trouble:
    In Response to Re: LT SIGNED 2 year deal with the Jets Sunday Night....Pats could be in bigger trouble : I dont disagree that he has suked the past 3 years and is a major choke artist in the playoffs, but one thing I see the Jets adding is the screen out of the backfield, wether you like LT or not, (I cant stand him) but its lsort of similar to Dillion going to New England (meaning that Dillion was supposed to be washed up) LT doesnt have to carry the Jets, just add to the offense.  With him adding a few screens and taking pressure off dirty Sanchez you have to admit it could work. This is going to be a very interresting year to say the least, I think the Pats are going to have their work cut out for them
    Posted by Stompper

ok, how long will it take defense to adjust to that screen when LT comes in? i think they'll squash it  and LT will be riding the bench

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Jets are collecting names, so LT is a Jet.  He will be a TO type cancer in that  locker room glad they got them

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

By Mike Reiss
    Running back LaDainian Tomlinson has signed a two-year contract with the New York Jets, which adds another layer to the rivalry between the Patriots and Jets.

Along those lines, “adamzeit” writes on Twitter: “LT to the Jets & a bunch of other off-season moves, the Jets only got better while the Pats mostly "stand Pat.” Your thoughts?

I look at things a little differently.

In trading for cornerback Antonio Cromartie and reaching an agreement with Tomlinson, the Jets have added two big-name players whose production hasn’t matched the hype in recent years.

I like the Cromartie trade, because I think Rex Ryan’s defense is a nice fit for him. Ryan also has a proven track record with getting the most out of talented players whose careers have dipped.

As for Tomlinson, I don’t think that move can be viewed in complete context without considering the other domino that fell – the Jets releasing Thomas Jones. That was an unpopular move in the locker room as Jones was considered a team leader, not to mention one of the most productive backs in the NFL over the last three seasons.

Tomlinson is not the same type of leader. In fact, one wonders how he will accept a complementary role with Shonn Greene and Leon Washington. He also hasn’t been as productive as Jones.

Former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli had a favorite saying that he wasn’t collecting talent, he was building a team.

In the case of the Jets, they’ve added some well-known talent to a team that surprised in the 2009 playoffs. But I still have my doubts if the totality of their moves has made them a better team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

By Mike Reiss Running back LaDainian Tomlinson has signed a two-year contract with the New York Jets, which adds another layer to the rivalry between the Patriots and Jets. Along those lines, “adamzeit” writes on Twitter: “LT to the Jets & a bunch of other off-season moves, the Jets only got better while the Pats mostly "stand Pat.” Your thoughts? I look at things a little differently. In trading for cornerback Antonio Cromartie and reaching an agreement with Tomlinson, the Jets have added two big-name players whose production hasn’t matched the hype in recent years. I like the Cromartie trade, because I think Rex Ryan’s defense is a nice fit for him. Ryan also has a proven track record with getting the most out of talented players whose careers have dipped. As for Tomlinson, I don’t think that move can be viewed in complete context without considering the other domino that fell – the Jets releasing Thomas Jones. That was an unpopular move in the locker room as Jones was considered a team leader, not to mention one of the most productive backs in the NFL over the last three seasons. Tomlinson is not the same type of leader. In fact, one wonders how he will accept a complementary role with Shonn Greene and Leon Washington. He also hasn’t been as productive as Jones. Former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli had a favorite saying that he wasn’t collecting talent, he was building a team. In the case of the Jets, they’ve added some well-known talent to a team that surprised in the 2009 playoffs. But I still have my doubts if the totality of their moves has made them a better team.
    Posted by KellieMB
    SO TRUE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Jet's release Thomas Jones....pick up LT. Jet's lose in that deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

LT? he ain't no "LT"

The Jets tickets sales must realy be slow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

They probably signed LT as an attraction to sell more tickets to theri new stadium. I don't think LT right now is any better than Jones last year. I guess the pats can handle him if they are ready for him, which they should be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I cannot wait for September to roll around. All these Jets moves are pathetic and sad. The reactions from fans as well are a joke and I hope the OP isnt being serious. 

You hope Bill can come up with good players? Umm Mayo,Meriweather, Chung, Bodden, Wilfork, Warren arent enough for you? Are you kidding me? 

LT has hated the Pats since that divisional game and he hasnt done jack since. Whoopity doo! The guy is washed up and bringing up Corey Dillon and comparing that to LT is a joke. Corey Dillon when he came here wasnt 31 years old with 2880 carries in his career and racked up injures.

LT is a shell of his former self. The Chargers wouldnt have released him if they didnt think he could contribute anymore. Does it make sense to give away one of your best players if he still can play? Yeah logic 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I don't think any Patriots fans are or should be scared of Tomlinson with the Jets.  Thomas Jones scared me much more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I think most of the educated sports fans out there understand thats these moves the jets made doesnt put them over the top. It was going to be a tough year reguardless of jets and the moves they made. We have a crazy scehdule , were going to look foward facing the jets because of the famileriarity we have with them. Theres no doubt at all that AC is a much better fit for NY than Lito. And as Ive and many of you have mentioned its all about the style of D and the scheme they run in NY. They have great team D and do a great job at the " read and attack" type D. The LT move just baffles me , they sign him to the same deal , same money , same years as KC signed Jones for. Like I said in my thread , they gain a lil' bit of versatility , but lose a top 5 back and alot of stability.
    And Stommper you have it all wrong buddy. First off you dont rid of a top 5 RB and replace him w/ a guy who is on his last legs just to implement one play LOL. Like I said in my thread , yea their gaining a tiny bit of versatility , but losing tons of stability. Even with that o-line LTs not sniffing 8-900 , and the only reason he scored last year was because of they gave him the ball on the 1 yard line. In the last two years hes had only two 100 yard games and get this , only ONE TD run beyond 20 yards. His overall speed and quickness just isnt there , especially his lateral quickness. He lost that side step/step back juke about 3 years ago and that was a huge part of his game. He was always a patient runner who loved making 1/2 short quick cuts on then exploding . He can no longer do either now and strictly relys on his patientence to hit a hole and grab a couple yards.
    Another move I didnt like was the Rhodes trade , I heard he was in Ryans doghouse because of some missed tackles. Ryan will flip his wig when he finds out AC cant spell tackle nevermind perform the function. Seriously though Rhodes is a natural FS playmaker , everybody misses , at least Rhodes isnt afraid to or get hit. Hes always around the ball and wants to be the best he can be. I have always liked him and think that in Zona he'll get back to being a playmaker and helping his team win some games. With Rhodes and Wilson at S and DRC and McFadden playing corner , that secondary could be a very good one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It was pointed out on ESPN they could have kept Jones for about the same money that LT had, and Jones had 1400 plus yard compared to Lt's 500 or so.  So, they.... wait for it............. DOWNGRADED the position.  The ESPN article mentions PSLs specifically as the reason this made sense to them.  WOW.  Nice one.  We get to let him show us what a "classy" guy he is now twice a year!  Great!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with everyone else. Jones > LT esp at this point in their careers. It was a downgrade plan and simple. I wonder though, LT wanted to get out of SD because Sproles was starting to get more carries. How is LT going to react when they start giving Greene most of the carries?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

LDT it stands for Last Dang Team! He was through 3 years ago and he even admitted it in an interview. Yeah he might be their new 3rd down back and he might even catch a few balls out of the backfield but he doesn't have the same burst nor can he cut on a dime and excelerate like he once did. The funnier part is they actually had a very productive RB in Thomas Jones who could do all the things The Jests are hoping LDT can reproduce!! If Shonn Greene has a slump they are stuck like chuck!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Good new for the Pats!!!
    LT is done and the Jet let a productive RB (T.Jones) go so obviously that a position downgrade.
    Not to forget that LT thinks he is still a Numero Uno RB. I cannot wait for the troubles in the Jets locker room when LT won't get his shares of carries... Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Two years, $5.1 million for L.T.

The New York Jets declined, we're told, the ability to match the two-year, $5 million contract that running back Thomas Jones signed with the Chiefs.

They matched that number and added $100,000 in order to get LaDainian Tomlinson under contract.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Tomlinson's two-year deal has a base value of $5.1 million.  The contract includes an additional $500,000 in escalators.

So what were they thinking?  Jones rushed for 1,402 yards in 2009, averaging 4.2 yards per carry.  Tomlinson, in contrast, gained only 730 yards with a per-carry clip of 3.3 yards.

The Jets should have given the same package to Jones.  In our view, they're now paying more money for a lesser player.

Buy, hey, maybe L.T. will sell a few more of those PSLs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/14/two-years-51-million-for-lt/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to LT SIGNED 2 year deal with the Jets Sunday Night....Pats could be in bigger trouble:
    Just read the Jets signed LT. No matter what we think of the Jets, this is stacking up to be a very competitive year for the Patriots. LT hates the Patriots so I would think he cant wait to play them while being on the Jets and try and run up any scoring he can get. I hope BB can come up with some good players .
    Posted by Stompper

another great post by stompper.  LT is done stick a fork in him.  If anything it hurts the jets by taking carries away from good RB's like shonn greene and leon washington.  Cromartie has gone down hill since his rookie year, the pressure of 7 kids and 6 women takes a toll.  Now if they add brandon marshall then we can talk, except for the fact that locker room will have half the thugs in the NFL on their roster.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Even in NY, this point about the 'fraud' LT (I'm assuming the Giants fans on 660) being not nearly as good as TJ is right now, as well as this notion of PSLs and what KC paid for TJ, isn't lost on them...  I think LT is in for a tough ride if he's a bust.. really, it seems there is this sense he'll catch 30 balls out of the backfield and that's really what he'll bring to the team more than anything else... not quite sure how that makes him different than Washington, however, and Greene is not only fumble prone, but seems to get injured, too... so, aging RB who is probably done, injured RB recovering from major injury, and a 'starter' who tends to get injured and fumbles... why did they get rid of TJ again? They could win more games this year, but it still seems like this was a dumb move on their part, even if only because it sounds like they could have matched KC's offer on TJ... had they done that, I would ahve been like 'wow, great business decision that paid off...' ...  

Sections
Shortcuts