Luck Looks Sensational Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Luck Looks Sensational Again

Sure, he's thown 2 interceptions (one which bounced off the bread-basket of his intended receiver), including a pick six. But, did you notice how he kept his composure, and bounced back? I loved how he kept the ball himself and risked himself at the goal-line for the Colts' 2nd TD. That had to endear him to the rest of the team. Also, loved how he performed in the final minute, to get Adam Vinatieri in range for a last second FG.

In a word, this kid is terrific.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again

Luck. Like I posted in the other thread, I already hate this guy. If he ends up being good, Dolts fans are going to be absolutely insufferable. We thought Peyton was a Gomer? Peyton is about 14 notches below this guy on the annoying/goofball/please slap me scale. I can't convey how much I loathe the Dolts, as I live in Indiana. I don't like anything the guy does, and I hope he spends most of the year on his butt in his own backfield.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Damn, Tex, calm down.  He's not a Patriot.  Just another guy in the way of the next Lombardi trophy.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

See I disagree.  I like Luck so far.  Peyton was disliked due to the competition and I got soooo tired of seeing all those commercials.  He was over sold to me.  Still think he is great for football, but he will always be Seyton Manning to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again": [QUOTE]See I disagree.  I like Luck so far.  Peyton was disliked due to the competition and I got soooo tired of seeing all those commercials.  He was over sold to me.  Still think he is great for football, but he will always be Seyton Manning to me. Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE] You probably don't live in Indiana, and don't have to listen to the "Belicheat" snide remarks, and don't have to listen to Dolts fans acting like they won the SB last year because it was in their stadium and Gomer Jr. lucked into another one because Welker couldn't hold onto a pass. No my friend, I am not a Luck fan, and will grow to like him less as time goes on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

I will say he looks creepy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again:
    [QUOTE]Luck. Like I posted in the other thread, I already hate this guy. If he ends up being good, Dolts fans are going to be absolutely insufferable. We thought Peyton was a Gomer? Peyton is about 14 notches below this guy on the annoying/goofball/please slap me scale. I can't convey how much I loathe the Dolts, as I live in Indiana. I don't like anything the guy does, and I hope he spends most of the year on his butt in his own backfield.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? What about Luck is annoying, other than the fact that he's very good. Peyton was obnoxious, unbearable, and made faces and excuses when he lost. We'll be seeing those faces, and hearing lots of excuses in Denver this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He is doing very well.  Guy has tons of pressure on him and he just plays like it doesn't even bother him.  He is going to be good for many years to come.  Do I dare say ... He is the next Peyton Manning?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Damn, Tex, calm down.  He's not a Patriot.  Just another guy in the way of the next Lombardi trophy.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

So...he's not a Patriot. The kid is outstanding. I don't think he's standing in the way of an AFC title this season. But, he's going to make the Colts a perennial playoff team again, in a year or two.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again :      Are you kidding? What about Luck is annoying, other than the fact that he's very good. Peyton was obnoxious, unbearable, and made faces and excuses when he lost. We'll be seeing those faces, and hearing lots of excuses in Denver this season. Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE] What ISN'T annoying about him? That list would be a lot shorter. You guys that don't live around Dolts fans just don't understand. This guy is at least 10X more annoying than Peyton, and he's just getting started. Just wait friend, the news will spread, you'll understand soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again :      So...he's not a Patriot. The kid is outstanding. I don't think he's standing in the way of an AFC title this season. But, he's going to make the Colts a perennial playoff team again, in a year or two. Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE] And we're celebrating this because.........?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again": What ISN'T annoying about him? That list would be a lot shorter. You guys that don't live around Dolts fans just don't understand. This guy is at least 10X more annoying than Peyton, and he's just getting started.

You're talking about front running, brainless Colts' fans. I'm talking about Luck, the player. Sorry...but I really like what I see from him. 

Peyton, with all the whining, and gyrations on every play at the line of scrimmage, was unbelievably annoying. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again :      You're talking about front running, brainless Colts' fans. I'm talking about Luck, the player. Sorry...but I really like what I see from him.       Peyton, with all the whining, and gyrations on every play at the line of scrimmage, was unbelievably annoying.  Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE] And yet all three are inextricably linked, forever and inseparable. That is the problem, no getting around it. Kind of like saying, "Sanchez is a really great guy. If it wasn't for these Jests fans I'd like him." Doesn't work that way. The better he does, the more they're in your face. In order to shut THEM up, he must be put on his back every play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Luck isn't that good yet.  He really blossomed when Pittsburgh started yanking their starters.  In his first three drives down the field he dropped back to pass 8 times.  Five of those were incomplete and another one was an interception. 

In any case he was expected to be the surefire starter that we just saw but his eventual upside is not out the roof. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

I am a Patriot fan but I like Luck except against our team. In 2-4 yrs. they will be good again as a team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I am ROLLING!!! -LoLoLOL!  Haha, straight up, IS this HIM?!?!  WhyInTH did I think that he was a not just a decent looking dude, but actually a GOOD lookin' guy?  <i.e. LMAO, the reverse being:  Passable as barely eeking a 50-50 chance of headturn on any american sidewalk without someone offering the utterance, "Who-Oooah?! Did'you see that, man- Woooo!?!," verses the even "uglier superlative" supped-up version of:  "Who-Oooah?! Did'you see that F##king ugly dude- Wooohoo!?! That is ONE pretty f##!ng weird lookin' ugly goin' on right there! Hol-ey, Mooo-ley, WOW-wh-oah."  Friend (placing his hand solemnly over his heart): "As god as my witness, That is hands down one of the most naturally not good looking persons that you'll stumble by on any given day-day in this modern day and age...top 5, 'least."

For, to me at least (and this next part is good material for a haiku)- Getting into heaven is just like 'getting into Ugly'...it ain't a birthright.  Sure, sometimes the set-up ya get is lil' better, that might start'cha edging 1 way or another, But in the end, You actually have to enact some form of deliberate willpower, consciously dedicating yourself in order to Strive To Achieve Ugly.  When you pray and fully dedicate yourself to the God's of muttonchops and poofy hair fros...then- ONLY then, are you fully worthy.

He looks like any combo features of the following:

Child-Man? Man-Child?
    Serial killer
    From the deepest of the Deep South, like Louisiana, or A new Englander's version of someone from New Hampshire;
    Teenage child of a Lumberjack;
    The possessed son of Starfleet 1st Lt., Will Ryker, on some weird parrallel universe episode edition of Star Trek-t.n.g.;
    An out of work & homeless actor Trying out on stage for the lead role in Teen Wolf 3 ("The search for any slightly believable sub-plot line"); 

~Wonder what he's thinkin' right there...?  'Can't even wager a guess=No commonality in Laz's set thus far in total life experiences that can account for this particular complete detailed facial set-up, adding one after another after another.  Final Sum?  Final Sum Total:  He's got all the makin's to be a great Indianapolis Colt #1 Quarterback.  Mmrrh, 'cause see the worst part, is that'cha Ya can't even wager a guess as to where or even what should be your most basic of basics in subject-header thought, that might be flowin' through that noggin'...  Ya don't even know which direction ya should be aimin' to even BEGIN to wager a further guess.  People start disappearing in Indy=I'd be knockin' on Luck's door in the 1st hour there...

"Andrew"=weird, baby of the family that acts like a brat, tattle-tale, Uptight & clean-cut to a nerdy & preppy extent of sorts;
    "Luck"="'Luck' enough to NOT be totally & excessively under par in any life event, circumstance, aspect of oneself, etc.;"

^ So, just as I've outlined in just a real quick form of a pretty darn objectively accurate starting ground for further scientific case study, There is really No room to reason out (again-in full, & completely rational methodology) "Ugly", as the end result...hmm.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Tex I agree with you Luck is the real deal. I also agree with Theexaminer and Davidsone, he is not a Patriot so I could care less about him! Just another speed bump on our way to the Super Bowl. What I absoloutely despise in this whole scenario is how the Dolts absoloutely intentionally tanked last year in order to select this kid! It was tanking games like that which led to the NBA lottery. So while I wish Andrew Luck well personally, I do  NOT want to see the Dolts be succesful and be rewarded for such blatant quitting!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Pre-season means nothing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I will never be a Luck fan. I was hoping to see the Colts slide into mediocrity, I'd rather they end up with kind of a stiff than a franchise quarterback. 

That said he looks very very good, maybe we can trade Brady for him in a few years. Kidding. :) 

That said fellow Pats fans I will never start an Andrew Luck thread in our forum - promise!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

He will be the perfect Colt. You can see every tooth in his head.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You know I feel bad for Luck because nationally I think most people look at him as the pick that a team completely tanked a season for. Now it's not his fault but I'm rooting for him to fail just because I don't think those that tank purposely should win in the end

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He better hope his O line holds up. When he gets put on his back a few times that will show if he's the real deal. Lets see if the Clots tank again to get him a left tackle.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again": And yet all three are inextricably linked, forever and inseparable. That is the problem, no getting around it. Kind of like saying, "Sanchez is a really great guy. If it wasn't for these Jests fans I'd like him." Doesn't work that way. The better he does, the more they're in your face. In order to shut THEM up, he must be put on his back every play.

No...I'm not talking about the kid's personality. I'm talking about his talent. He's fun to watch. As far as beating him, he, or any other QB, no matter how talented, can be shut down if he's being put on his back every play...as Tom Brady was in SB 42. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex I agree with you Luck is the real deal. I also agree with Theexaminer and Davidsone, he is not a Patriot so I could care less about him! Just another speed bump on our way to the Super Bowl. What I absoloutely despise in this whole scenario is how the Dolts absoloutely intentionally tanked last year in order to select this kid! It was tanking games like that which led to the NBA lottery. So while I wish Andrew Luck well personally, I do  NOT want to see the Dolts be succesful and be rewarded for such blatant quitting!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

I understand your sentiments. But, the decision by Indy to tank their 2011  season to get this kid appears to have been a brilliant one.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]He will be the perfect Colt. You can see every tooth in his head.
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Guessin' ya could say, the moral in all this is that- One should never look a gift horse-face in the mouth...you should just feel fortunate and lucky enough to have stumbled & bumbled your way towards someone bestowing to you a gift horse-face, to begin with...

Sections
Shortcuts