Luck returning to stanford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Luck returning to stanford

Andrew Luck is going back to stanford and skipping NFL Draft! this hurts because now one more team above us might select one of the top DE's in this draft instead of taking him.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Luck returning to stanford

In Response to Luck returning to stanford:
    Andrew Luck is going back to stanford and skipping NFL Draft! this hurts because now one more team above us might select one of the top DE's in this draft instead of taking him. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754
    Posted by natesubs

I don't get it. Dude could buy the school of architecture with his signing bonus.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan3718. Show Patsfan3718's posts

Huge news, looks like Jimmy Clausen era continues...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Luck returning to stanford:
    Huge news, looks like Jimmy Clausen era continues...
    Posted by Patsfan3718

u2hn.jpg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I'm a big believer in education, but if you plan to play a pro sport, and you are guaranteed to be a top pick, I think it's stupid to go back to school.  He can't improve his position, only make it worse if he gets injured or something.  If for some reason his career doesn't pan out, he can always go back to school to finish his degree and he'll be set for life from just his signing bonus.

Maybe he really doesn't want to go to Carolina??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

He will still be the #1 pick next year.  Maybe it has something to do with the CBA, maybe he doesn't want to go to a coachless, hopeless Panther team, maybe he wants a shot at a Heisman and National Title.  There are worse places to spend a year than Palo Alto.  His dad was a pro QB and it seems like the family is plenty financial stable, so I don't think Andrew is exactly roughing it out there in sunny California. 

Could this mean that Harbaugh is heading back to Stanford also?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jssmith285. Show jssmith285's posts

We don't know that he will be the #1 pick next year.  Everybody said the same thing about Matt Leinart.  If he came out as a junior, he would have been the #1 pick.  Went back for his senior year, and dropped to #10.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Luck is much more highly regarded than Leinart ever was.  Leinart probably would have been #1 if he left in 2005 but that had a lot to do with the draft class, the top pick that year was Alex Smith.  In 2006 it was a much deeper draft class but Leinart was still the #2 QB taken. 

I'll put some nice coin on Luck being the first QB taken whenever he enters the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

It makes no sense to me unless he's been to Carolina and despises it. If he is picked in the top 3 next year the team he goes to is not a good one so I take the guaranteed money. I don't know how anyone goes back knowing they are consensus #1 pick.
    Posted by tompenny

Because he a.  doesn't need the money.  b. knows the money isn't going anywhere.  c. Most likely lives like a god in one of the most beautiful college towns in the country. 

There is also something to be said for taking extra time to play and improve in college, especially for a QB.  Brady, Brees, Rivers, Manning, Manning, Ryan, I believe all played 4 years.

I wonder if JaMarcus Russell or Tim Couch wish they had stuck around for a little more college ball......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jssmith285. Show jssmith285's posts

He'll still be highly regarded and probably the 1st QB taken...but things change.  You strike while the iron is hot.

and if he gets hurt, he gets zero.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

CBA, Carolina, and Stanford all had something to do with it...

Luck only got sacked 5 times (only Airforce had less) ALL YEAR. He has a great O-line comming back next year to protect him...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

NCAA Exceptional-Student Athlete Disability Insurance protection coverage will allow Luck to have up to 5 million in coverage if he pays for the premium...

Premiums can run from 10k per million in coverage...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

That kinda S ucks for us Pats fans.  That was one position we didn't need in the draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Smart move, he doesn't want to play for Carolina, simple as that

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Luck needs to look north and repeat after himself over and over again........JAKE LOCKER.....JAKE LOCKER........
    Posted by leatherhelmet

He looked north and saw..... RYAN LEAF........ RYAN LEAF   There is a guy who struck while the iron was hot, maybe another year at WSU wouldn't been such a bad idea.

Sam Bradford just did the same thing Luck is doing and the dreaded injury happened and then what happened, oh just the #1 overall pick. 

Luck is playing with house money and he knows it.  Good for him.  His only problem is the Panthers will probably be drafting #1 again in 2012. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Actually his girlfriend has another year at Stanford and wouldnt let him leave.  Not joking.  And we thought Giselle was bad........ Dude is passing up something like 50 mil, she better at least look as good as Giselle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

He's going to feel like an idiot when the new Collective Bargaining Agreement includes a rookie wage scale...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Luck returning to stanford:
    Andrew Luck is going back to stanford and skipping NFL Draft! this hurts because now one more team above us might select one of the top DE's in this draft instead of taking him. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754
    Posted by natesubs

You are correct the DE's will go lower than anticipated but this also mean that the run on OT is going to come in the second tier and we need a OG/C and OT.

I personally think the patriots will move up a slot or two using the 3rd they picked up from the Vikings and Grab Solder, he is a huge OT with TE moves as he played TE in 2009... Some team may stray away from him becasue he is a project with only only year in the college system at OT... his ranking is based on his size agility, and foot speed allone.... I beleive he would drop to 15 and the patriots could move up two spots to grab him.

That would give us two book end OT @ 6'8 315 with speed, mobility and the gapping stide you need to beat a freeney and mathis to the corner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

It makes no sense to me unless he's been to Carolina and despises it. If he is picked in the top 3 next year the team he goes to is not a good one so I take the guaranteed money. I don't know how anyone goes back knowing they are consensus #1 pick.
    Posted by tompenny

who knows maybe Jim Harbourgh stays and they find a home together next season ala San Diego and Mike Vick Trade back in the day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

That kinda S ucks for us Pats fans.  That was one position we didn't need in the draft.
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

in the midst of the shuffle someone will fall throught the cracks... If i remember correctly this is why we have Vince Wilfork... that draft was very unpredicatible players went in slots not previously assumed and the teams that need bvince the most went other direction...

Lets be optomistic this could be a very goo think for the patriots

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

well some said maybe he doesnt want too play in carolina , well he should do a eli  move refuse too play for them at the draft and get traded that day! I personnly dont like this move but it happens

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Up until a few years ago the Panthers were really good.  Charlotte is a nice city with great weather.  I could understand not wanting to go to Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo. 

Sections
Shortcuts