Lucky or good?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Lucky or good?

No question the Tyree catch was just a heave it and hope by Eli, which ended up being the luckiest play in SB history, IMO, but what do you guys think about the Manningham catch? It looked to me like Eli kind of turned and heaved it, and it ends up within 3 or 4 inches of where it had to come down in order for the pass to be completed, so is that awesome skill or luck?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Lucky or good?

I think after seeing pass after pass after pass chucked up there like that, dropping in exactly the place it needs to be...it's skill.  There's only so many times you could blindly do that an expect the result you want.  He's money...and a great QB.  Just gotta tip your cap even though it's maddening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordlim. Show lordlim's posts

LUCKY!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

In Response to Lucky or good?:
    [QUOTE]No question the Tyree catch was just a heave it and hope by Eli, which ended up being the luckiest play in SB history, IMO, but what do you guys think about the Manningham catch? It looked to me like Eli kind of turned and heaved it, and it ends up within 3 or 4 inches of where it had to come down in order for the pass to be completed, so is that awesome skill or luck?
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]Eli is great.  He makes the plays when he needs to, and more importantly, he has the unending confidence of his teammates.

What a great game.  Congrats, Pats fans, no need to hang your heads, you still have the class franchise of the NFL.

It just appears the Giants have your number for the time being.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Lucky and good

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if they're lucky, id rather us be lucky than good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Give Eli credit.  He outplayed Brady again.  Great clutch throw (off his back foot), unbelievable catch.  Maybe a little lucky, but pretty damn good overall.

Too bad Welker couldn't come down with that catch, but Brady's pass was off.  Eric Wilbur absolutely killed Brady in his column.  Not sure I'd be quite that harsh, but Brady's play was a major reason for this loss.  That safety and interception both absolutely killed this team.  Killed them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Lucky or good?:
    [QUOTE]No question the Tyree catch was just a heave it and hope by Eli, which ended up being the luckiest play in SB history, IMO, but what do you guys think about the Manningham catch? It looked to me like Eli kind of turned and heaved it, and it ends up within 3 or 4 inches of where it had to come down in order for the pass to be completed, so is that awesome skill or luck?
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]
    I've watched every Gents game this year and that is the way he throws and completes most of them. He's reputed to have one the strongest cores and arm strengths in the league. His work outs are killers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Eric Wilbur is an Idiot--- No Tom Brady--- this team does not even make the playoffs.  Facts are that some of the so called Patriots fans on this board are spoiled and all of the Boston Writers are attention wanting tools.  See Shaughnessy for example.

Sections
Shortcuts