Lynch to Jets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Lynch to Jets?

It's no seccret that Buffalo Bills troubled RB, Marshawn Lynch, wants out of Buffalo. Lately, he's made obvious overtures to the Jets: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/24505/lynch-excited-to-see-how-good-jets-will-be

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Re: Lynch to Jets?

Behind their line he would a force to deal with. He be the hammer to LTs slash.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

After reading that article I'm glad he's not playing for us. I'm sure the Jets can afford to pay him the league minimum at this point. If he's so excited about the Jets he should be more than happy to play for that amount.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

On a talent level, I'd be concerned.

On a personal level, isn't this the same Marshawn Lynch that got arrested on gun charges?

He'd be a nice fit in their locker room... with Papa Cromartie, Santonio Holmes, and an L.T. who probably won't enjoy sharing carries and snaps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

why not, they already picked up everyone else, why not Lynch too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Lynch to Jets?:
    Why would Buffalo deal him to a division rival and what would NY possibly give up for this head case? You can tell NY is concerned with LT.  Old, slow and possibly done.
    Posted by russgriswold

Now that the Jets have seen LT up-close in minicamp, maybe they too now realize that he's done. If the Jets are willing to overpay a bit by offering, say a 3rd or even a 4th round pick...a deal  might get done. 

As you may know, Lynch has quite a bit of baggage: http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/06/12/1080264/dicesare-lynch-undermining-his.html 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

And with the first pick in the 2011 draft....  the Buffalo Bills select....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Lynch is a headcase, but a good runner. With Jackson and Spiller he became expendable. The point I'd make is that with Williams, Brown, Spiller, Jackson, Shoone Greene, LT and whoever; the Pats D will have to stop the running attack from its divisional opponents anyway. This could more two down PT for someone like Spikes. Mayo will obviously stay at ILB. Edwards s--ks and Sanchez is an INT machine with one good playoff run (see Scott Mitchell) and an average WR corps. Henne is the second best QB in the division and he's got Marshall (barring a potential suspension in the near future) to throw to. This is why Miami concerns me a little more than the Jets (no Holmes, yet).  Anything is possible with aging senile owner (see Al Davis)in Ralph Wilson, but I'd rather see him trade Lynch outside the division. Questionable character yeah, but still a good inside runner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This is a very stupid post to begin with.

RESPONSE: if that's how you feel, fine...then don't respond to it. But, no...you've got to be rude, and insult people.

A player comments on another teams off season pickups and that is fodder for him being traded to them?

RESPONSE: If you were aware of the Lynch situation in Buffalo, then you would know that the Bills are dying to trade him...and that he wants out of Buffalo. Do you think that using their #1 draft pick on a RB, with the other great many needs they have, was a vote of confidence for Lynch? Why do you think that Lynch would speak so highly of the Jets, publicly? A mere coincidence...or, is he sending them a message?  

Last I looked the Jets seem to be ok at RB.

RESPONSE: Oh, really? Thomas Jones and Leon Washington are gone. LT looks done. That leaves them with rookie Joe McKnight, rookie FB John Conner, and 2nd year RBs Chauncey Washington, and Shonn Greene.

Although griswold would have you think we averaged 4.8 yards a carry last year, it is not the case. We were not 2nd in the NFL in rushing, as he stated many times.  In fact, our running game could use Lynch more than many others.  It is generally not a good idea to carry 3 33 year old running backs.

RESPONSE: Tend to mostly agree with you here...except the our team could use Lynch part. The guy is a major league head-case. The problem with the Pats' running game is that their OL is a finesse group...not very physical at the point of attack. Gains in the running game are made primarily on draw plays. 

Posted by PatStats

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Lynch is a headcase, but a good runner. With Jackson and Spiller he became expendable. The point I'd make is that with Williams, Brown, Spiller, Jackson, Shoone Greene, LT and whoever; the Pats D will have to stop the running attack from its divisional opponents anyway. This could more two down PT for someone like Spikes. Mayo will obviously stay at ILB. Edwards s--ks and Sanchez is an INT machine with one good playoff run (see Scott Mitchell) and an average WR corps. Henne is the second best QB in the division and he's got Marshall (barring a potential suspension in the near future) to throw to. This is why Miami concerns me a little more than the Jets (no Holmes, yet).  Anything is possible with aging senile owner (see Al Davis)in Ralph Wilson, but I'd rather see him trade Lynch outside the division. Questionable character yeah, but still a good inside runner.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Pretty much nailed that one. Lynch is a gamble as was Brandon marshall to the Fins, but I still would like him out of the division. He is a tough runner with good burst and top end speed. I don't want to see him run behind the jets line. I am a little higher on the Jets o-line then some posters here and I think the game is still won in the trenches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

If the Bills really trade within the division that team just needs to be disbanded. 

To the poster who said LT and Lynch could be a good combo shame on you. Greene and Lynch could be an even better combo. LT is washed up and done. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

If the Bills really trade within the division that team just needs to be disbanded.   
    Posted by Pancakespwn

Though trading within the division is thought to be a bad idea, it has been done...most recently when the Eagles traded Donovan McNabb to the Redskins. The Eagles have also made draft-day trades with the Dallas Cowboys, allowing them to move up...and take a player that they really want. You also have the case of the Patriots trading Drew Bledsoe to Buffalo for a first round pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He would be the "Lynch" pin in the Jets demise. I can't believe no one came up with that one. 

XD

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I hope it happens. I hope the Jets and Phins keep adding these questionable characters to their locker rooms. They're individual cancer cells that'll start eating away at the good ones.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I agree 100%.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I read Lynch's comments carefully.  He's saying that he'd like to play Madden football with the Jets' team because he'd win.  He's not saying that he'd like to sacrifice his body for the 2010 New York Jets.  The subtle difference is that the 2010 actual New York Jets are full of old overrated grandpas who only play well on Madden.  Ooohhh, inscrutable dig!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

The good part is if I run out of a supplier, I can always wait outside the Jets locker room and sooner or later someone will come out with a dime bag for sale.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

Hope not, lynch is a head case but still a good player. LT has been washed up for a few years now, it would be surprising if the jets thought he would be any more than a role player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LTs slash.
    Posted by HRK103

LOL,  haven't seen him slash much in the past couple of years

Sections
Shortcuts