M allett traded to Texans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: M allett traded to Texans

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

HOW IS MALLET ONLY WORTH A 6TH OR 7th WHEN HE WAS DRAFTED WITH A #3 , AND HE HAS 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE MOST COMPLEX AND DEMANDING OFFENSE IN THE NFL ?

DIDN'T ST LOUIS JUST LOSE THEIR QB ? HOW COULD THE PATRIOTS NOT HAVE GOTTEN AT LEAST A #3 FOR SUCH AN EXPERIENCED BACKUP ?

JUST A CRAZY MOVE, ALMOST AS BAD AS OAKLAND GIVING TERRELL PRYOR AWAY TO SEATTLE FOR PEANUTS AFTER HE SHOWED MAJOR PROMISE AS A ROOKIE QB

NOW THE PATRIOTS ARE A SUPER BOWL TEAM WHO MIGHT HAVE A ROOKIE DRIVING THE BUS COME PLAYOFF TIME....

SURE, WE ALL LOVE JIMMY G , BUT THE PATRIOTS ARE A NOW OR NEVER TEAM WITH BRADY GETTING OLDER BY THE DAY.....HOW DO THE PATRIOTS LEAVE THEMSELVES SO VUNERABLE AT QB TO OPEN THE SEASON ?

+744

[/QUOTE]

Correction. Mallett has no experience in the Pats' offense. Nill. If he did, genius would not have released him. His football acumen is 10% of TB's and he couldn't hit wide open slot receivers all pre season. He blows.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm glad the Pats got something for Mallett, but this notion that he was some hidden gem that would flourish if only given the chance is a pile of hooey.

Wasn't it Caesar who said "He stunk, he stinks, and he will stink again"?  

I guess we should reevaluate Kevin O'Connell and Rohan Davey while we're at it too.   Those guys were stars in the making sitting behind Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Mallet started out throwing ropes.  He had a great arm, no touch.  Apparently they couldn't teach him touch because he's still throwing ropes with little touch.  I wouldn't say he stunk then, he had no progression and now he stinks. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm glad the Pats got something for Mallett, but this notion that he was some hidden gem that would flourish if only given the chance is a pile of hooey.

I guess we should reevaluate Kevin O'Connell and Rohan Davey while we're at it too.   Those guys were stars in the making sitting behind Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, davey did not last long and o'connell was cut almost immediately.

Mallett made the team and was brady's backup exclusively for TWO years.

Horrendous attempt at making a point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mallet started out throwing ropes.  He had a great arm, no touch.  Apparently they couldn't teach him touch because he's still throwing ropes with little touch.  I wouldn't say he stunk then, he had no progression and now he stinks. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree. They had to trade him now. It's a good move. He has no use to this team anymore.  Jimmy G beat him out.. Plain and simple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

I think a lot of fans miss the boat on this one not BB. He clearly saw what happened to the Colts when they didn't have a good enough backup QB when Manning went down. I still like his quote that explains why they chose a QB in the 2nd round:

"We know what Ryan's contract situation is," Belichick said. "We know what Tom's age and contract situation is. I don't think you want to have one quarterback on your team. I don't think that's responsible to the entire team or the organization."

Have you seen how many backup QBs get replaced yearly? It sometimes takes years to figure out that the backup QB has reached a certain level and isn't what you really need. We are very fortunate to have BB and TB. I'm just happy BB was smart enough to take TB in the 6th round where no one else did!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The real story here is that the Pats have seen enough from Garopollo to get rid of Mallet early.  That is really exciting news.  Garopollo looks like a high potential guy, who may some day be good enough to start.

The conditional seventh round pick for Mallet isn't really much at all, but something is still better than nothing.  I've always thought Mallet was a little overrated by many fans just because there was a perception he dropped in the draft and was really first-round talent.  I never was very impressed with him in his preseason snaps . . . and this seems to confirm that his value is not perceived as all that high in the league, since the Pats were apparently shopping him to lots of teams and only ended up with the conditional seventh rounder.  Still, it's a good move to get something for a guy who most GMs probably were willing to let go to waivers. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree with PatsEng hete. The roster spot is more valuable to us. Personally I don't care what he netted us. We see plenty of 3 rd round busts in the nfl all the time. A 3rd to kick the tires on a supposed 1st round talent p,us serve as backup for 3 years was worth it. Look on the bright side, we may have found our new franchise QB in jimmy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, davey did not last long and o'connell was cut almost immediately.

Mallett made the team and was brady's backup exclusively for TWO years.

Horrendous attempt at making a point.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR!!!

Davey was here for 3 years and actually had BETTER stats than Mullet

Year Age Tm Po No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
    2002 24 NWE 6 2 0 1 2 50.0 3 0 0.0 0 0.0 3 1.5 1.5 3.0 1.5 56.2 0 0 1.50 1.50 0.0 0
    2003 25 NWE 6 1 0 3 7 42.9 31 0 0.0 0 0.0 16 4.4 4.4 10.3 31.0 56.2 0 0 4.43 4.43 0.0 0
    2004 26 NWE 6 4 0 4 10 40.0 54 0 0.0 0 0.0 20 5.4 5.4 13.5 13.5 57.9 0 0 5.40 5.40 0.0 0
    Career 7 0 8 19 42.1 88 0 0.0 0 0.0 20 4.6 4.6 11.0 12.6 56.5 0 0 4.63 4.63 0.0 0

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

BWAHAHAHAHA.....wasn't some clown running around this board claiming the 3rd round BUST was worth a 1 or 2? What a dic...LMFAO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I love so much about this debate is that BB got something when it was obvious Ryan was not in the Pats plans. I know why everyone has to point a finger and say "so and so" was dumb and said Ryan was worth a 1st or second.... blah/blah/blah .... But none of this matters and so much time and energy is wasted pointing fingers.... We are fans and we have thoughts and opinions, sometimes we are wrong and sometimes we are right...get over it, it is only football and not life and death... None of us will get paid a dime by NFL or NFL team or make an impact with our discussions, they are fun to have and good to get info from each other and points of views, but the stupid name calling and finger pointing and chest thumping and on and on... is a real pain the ash I wish people would stick to the topic, discuss it agree and disagree and move on.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

[/QUOTE]

Dude...your missing the point. Why was he not in the pats plan? Because he as a horrific draft pick. 

[/QUOTE]

I get it, but disagree, he was not a horrific draft pick. He was a backup here for 3 seasons and did not cost us much cap space to fill that roll. What is horrific is that people can't respect others opinions. I respect your opinion, but I disagree with it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I called it and was mocked.    As usual, i am right in the end.

Classic.

People hate it when i am right based off of basic logic and common sense.  It's like they are angry they don't have the critical thinking skills.

mt Hurl kept saying mallett had no value.  Lmao

Seeing how well bb does late in drafts, me likey.

[/QUOTE]

Listen listen...I know you're thoroughly embarrassed by this whole Mallett thing (and I don't blame you), but look on the bright side...you embarrass yourself on here daily, so no one will probably notice.

I mean yeah, I wish you were right - I wish Mallett was a "top 15 talent" and we could of got something in return that has more value than a roll of tape, but sadly you're never right:(

Maybe next year you can tell us all that we'll get a first round pick for Arrington! Or something like that, I'll let you figure that one out. Hang in there dumbo, things will get better.

[/QUOTE]

Lombardi said he was a top 15 talent.  Lombardi currently works for the pats and is obviously much more intelligent than your average home ec teacher so take it up with lombardi.

Hey!  Did ya see the bills signed orton for 5 million?  How come you thought ej manuel was a top 15 pick not once mocking the pick, but you did not.mock the idea if manuel went top 15 overall, mallett in no way could be worth a 2nd as geno bust then came off the board in the 2nd.

The fact is, the market was there last year for mallett to go for a 2nd or 3rd but there are so many dumb gms out there, it shows how far ahead bb is ahead of everyone else.

Get it stupid?

You mock bb and lombardi but then go quiet when the bills and jets take obvious busts.

Pee your pants kinda funny right there.

Mt hurl a manuel and geno bust fan.  Bawhaha

[/QUOTE]

I'm just trying to understand how stupid you are, and its hard.

First off...why the hell would I care about Buffalo's quarterback? Or the Jets? What's that have to do with Mallett sucking? And us getting a bag of trail mix in return for him?

For years you have told us all how good Mallett was, and how much we would get in return through a trade. You were wrong, but as I said, don't be embarrassed...you always are.

And then you call every gm in the nfl dumb for not seeing Mallett's talent and not trading for him. Do you realize how absurdly stupid you sound? Did you just say all that? Really? Bawahaha!!!!! Even Belichick knew what he had in Mallett - it's why he gave Brady an extension and drafted Garoppolo in the second round! You being a world class moron makes all this way too difficult for you to comprehend, but comprehend you must at least try:(. I know it won't be easy for you.

In the next breath you blame Lombardi for calling Mallett a top 15 talent and try to distance yourself from his statement, even though you rode the coattails of that statement for two years. So on one hand you call him smart, on the other you say, "take it up with him". Pretty dumb.

There isn't a person on this planet that thinks getting a conditional 7th round pick for a third round quarterback is a good deal...or fleecing someone. Certainly not when that third round pick has "top 15 talent". That's what you believe, correct? You believe Mallett is better than any of the quarterbacks that come out last year and this year too...it's why all those GMs were going to give us a first or second round pick. Never happened, in fact a quarterback selected in this very draft outplayed him...Garoppolo.

So congratulations!! You are still the biggest idiot on the Internet! Winner winner!! Chicken dinner! Seven billion people online and day after day you win the price. Nice job!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can't look at it like the Pats traded a 3rd round pick for a 6th or 7th. That is way too simplistic. Mallett was a 3rd round pick. He gave them 4 years of backup quarterbacking, and never really got a chance to prove one way or another whether he was worth that pick. That is actually a good thing, it means TB did not get hurt in those 4 years. They were comfortable enough with his practice performances that he was the only backup quarterback for the past 3 years, which meant they did not need to use a roster spot for a 3rd QB during those seasons. He also apparently did a pretty good job of running the opponents offense for the Pats D to practice against. This year they spent a 2nd round pick on a guy that everyone seems to agree has as much or more potential as Mallett, and a guy who is more mobile and can likely help the Pats defense prepare for the more mobile QBs they will face. At this point, they have determined they need a roster spot more than they need a 3rd quarterback, so they got what they could for him, which is better than getting nothing by straight out cutting him.

[/QUOTE]

Well said.

[/QUOTE]

+100

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Mallet was a good risk with the number three pick.  Good QBs are rare and in very high demand.  Because of that, QBs--both good and bad--tend to get drafted with higher picks than their talent really ends up proving to merit.  But if you're looking for a QB you have two choices:  take a veteran who has already proven to be mediocre or use a too-high draft pick on a rookie who may or may not turn out to be any better than the mediocre veterans.  With Mallet, the Pats took a good risk, using a third round pick on a guy who maybe had a 10% chance of being a great QB and a 90% chance of failing to be anything much at all. That's kind of the risk you take drafting most QBs.  Still, it makes sense to draft them, because if you hit that 10%, you have a rare and extremely valuable asset.  And if you miss, well he can knock around as the back-up for three seasons and then you can dump him for, if you're lucky, a seventh round pick. No harm, no foul. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm going to sit back and wait a year before passing judgment on Mallett.  I don't need to pass judgment now and I think anyone doing so is standing on soft ground.  I'll wait to see how he does in Houston where he has a real shot at getting the nod.  I'll wait to see how he performs with starters vs starters.  Not saying he is bad or good, only that we really can't say either for sure.  We'll find out for certain this year.  He has a good chance to prove himself.  If he can't do so then his NFL career is over.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When you have something valuable you insure it and it is expensive… to insure Brady over the last 3 years plus this year it costs a 3rd and a 2nd. Ryan Mallett was an insurance policy and as of right now JG is an extension of that insurance. Just one way to look at it.

[/QUOTE]

Bb is the only gm in the business who gets some kind of value back from developed, drafted qbs.

It is just incredible.

People said he was worth nothing.  Bawhaha

I mean, what gm is this far ahead of the curve so consistently?

[/QUOTE]

Ummm... several teams have moved backups who shined when the starter went down for good picks. The Falcons got two 2nd rd picks and the right to swap 1sts from the Texans for Schaub.

Now the Texans give up a 7th that may become a 6th and Belichick is 'far ahead of the curve'

Nope. This is not a situation where anyone can brag. Had the Pats moved Mallett for a 2nd or 3rd this past draft we could have said it was great value. But now? Belichick was smart enough to have a decent young backup in Mallett groomed behind Brady, although I would much rather have seen the Pats select Richard Sherman than Mallett in the 3rd rd of 2011.

Backups or young players who 'could' turn into something being moved for 6th or 7th rd picks happens all the time. Look at the Pats themselves wasting a late rd pick in '15 on Greg Salas who was cut. The pick we get for Mallett basically replaces that pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Mallet looks like he is still adjusting, or never will be able to adjust, to short timing routes. That IS the NFL, as basically every single team uses that to simulate running yardage and draw people in close to the line, some more than others. 

His value, as big as his arm is, is just limited by that failure to adjust. It looks so easy in college, playing pitch and catch, but few realize that a short throw puts all of the onus on actual QB accuracy, whereas a long throw is determined equally or more by the WRs acumen at coming open and timing his route to get underneath a ball. 

The list of QBs who have huge arms and light up college reels but never make it as starters is long and winding, yet even guys like Chad Pennington get pretty decent careers simply because they can reliably hit an out or a slant. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

Lombardi said he was a top 15 talent.  Lombardi currently works for the pats and is obviously much more intelligent than your average home ec teacher so take it up with lombardi.

Hey!  Did ya see the bills signed orton for 5 million?  How come you thought ej manuel was a top 15 pick not once mocking the pick, but you did not.mock the idea if manuel went top 15 overall, mallett in no way could be worth a 2nd as geno bust then came off the board in the 2nd.

The fact is, the market was there last year for mallett to go for a 2nd or 3rd but there are so many dumb gms out there, it shows how far ahead bb is ahead of everyone else.

Get it stupid?

You mock bb and lombardi but then go quiet when the bills and jets take obvious busts.

Pee your pants kinda funny right there.

Mt hurl a manuel and geno bust fan.  Bawhaha

[/QUOTE]

Man, if the market was there at the 2013 draft to get even a 3rd rd pick, from say Cleveland where Lombardi was in love with him, and they didn't, then Belichick should have egg ALL OVER HIS FACE right now.

The Pats could have had Tyrann Mathieu at safety alongside DMC or WR Keenan Allen instead of Boyce (using the 4th rd pick we wasted on the cut Boyce on another need). Both were there and both were needs since we drafted Harmon and Boyce 23 and 34 picks after Cleveland used pick 68 on Leon McFadden.

The Browns surely wouldn't have had Hoyer on their team in 2013 if they traded for Mallett. THERE is our backup QB last year.

Now the Pats get a 7th rd pick for Mallett.

Brilliant!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I will look at the 2013 draft/offseason as the one where we should have:

- Signed DE/DT Desmond Bryant over Tommy Kelly. Bryant, a smart local Harvard kid was 28 and played for the same base salary as Kelly last year, although he would have required a much bigger long-term deal the Pats proved they had that $ when they went after Red Bryant.

- Signed Brian Hartline instead of Danny Amendola. Cash was basically the same. Hartline had Dobson's height with the healthy and veteran savvy Brady deserved. His signing would have also weakened the rival Dolphins who we lost to last year.

Then still made the trade down with the Vikings and after taking Collins drafted:

G Larry Warford instead of Dobson

S Tyann Mathieu at #68 with a pick Cleveland reportedly offered in trade for Ryan Mallett

WR Emmanual Sanders, if BB pony'd up 750k Pitt couldn't have matched, and the Harmon pick is given up

Harmon rd 4 instead of Boyce if BB really saw the need for a safety still.

Signed Hoyer to backup Brady since the Browns would not have needed him. 

If those moves somehow resulted Gronk and at least one of Mayo/Wilfork healthy for the playoffs, I think we would have at least gone down fighting to the Seahawks in a very entertaining Super Bowl. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Getting a conditional 7th rounder is something that I didn't think could be done.  Mallett was not good.  He never showed anything in preseason games.  Never got to see the field much during the season.  Something that is BB's fault or maybe he just didn't trust Mallett.  His progression was unremarkable and I hated seeing a roster space go to him this year.  Cut your losses and move on.  Nice to see the Pats get a draft pick out of this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So now Mallett was a bust - the guy never got a chance to make the field so he's a bust.  He was replaced by a 2nd rounder (which the last time I checked was valued more highly than a 3rd) because he had one year left on his rookie deal and was replaced by - yep, a rookie. 

This board truly never ceases to amaze me. The hindsight is invariably 20/20 and, for the record, we will never know (and I'm glad of that) what Mallett was capable of doing had he to actually started a number of regular season games.

[/QUOTE]

They don't get that bb does not want to pay for a backup up against the cap in this era, so he gets a prospect instead and invests, hoping brady does not need to be replaced.

Cassel, hoyer, mallett and now garoppolo reprsent that.

If mallett was a bust, bb would have not let hoyer walk in 2012.

Isn't amazing to be in such a small minority of smart people here amongst a majority of morons?

[/QUOTE]

hey Queenie who was the idiot running around here last preseason saying Mallet was worth a number one pick because this years draft was gonna be weak QB wise? And u get basically a 7th Round? Either the original pick of Mallet was a bust or Bellichick just gave away a future star for peanuts...so which is it? And this after a 4th rd and a run of the mill TE for Mankins? Not the best week for the "greatest" GM in history...as usual tho it's entertaining as hell watching u rationalize and twist and change facts at will when made to look like a fool!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will look at the 2013 draft/offseason as the one where we should have:

- Signed DE/DT Desmond Bryant over Tommy Kelly. Bryant, a smart local Harvard kid was 28 and played for the same base salary as Kelly last year, although he would have required a much bigger long-term deal the Pats proved they had that $ when they went after Red Bryant.

- Signed Brian Hartline instead of Danny Amendola. Cash was basically the same. Hartline had Dobson's height with the healthy and veteran savvy Brady deserved. His signing would have also weakened the rival Dolphins who we lost to last year.

Then still made the trade down with the Vikings and after taking Collins drafted:

G Larry Warford instead of Dobson

S Tyann Mathieu at #68 with a pick Cleveland reportedly offered in trade for Ryan Mallett

WR Emmanual Sanders, if BB pony'd up 750k Pitt couldn't have matched, and the Harmon pick is given up

Harmon rd 4 instead of Boyce if BB really saw the need for a safety still.

Signed Hoyer to backup Brady since the Browns would not have needed him. 

If those moves somehow resulted Gronk and at least one of Mayo/Wilfork healthy for the playoffs, I think we would have at least gone down fighting to the Seahawks in a very entertaining Super Bowl. 

[/QUOTE]

outstanding post.

while I may not agree with every point, I do agree with the domino effect. signing an aging vet such as Kelley had a ripple effect felt in numerous other decisions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

the average life of a draft pick is 3 years.  Most are out of the nfl by the end of their 3rd year.  The Patriots got a condition pick for a play that was in his last year of his contract.  They were going to get a maybe compensation pick in 2016.  The difference is that they do not have to worry about the complicated formula of compensation picks.  Mallett did not have a positions here.  He did a good job while he was here.  He was a practice standout.  He was there if Brady went down.  Lucky for the Pats, Brady did not go down.  Jimmy G. beat out Mallet in the preseason.  Jimmy G.  is much better than Mallett.  He has a nice touch.  He hits his receivers in stride.  He has a quick release.  Take a look around the league, there were many 1st,2nd and 3rd round players cut this weekend.  Not all draft picks become stars.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think a lot of fans miss the boat on this one not BB. He clearly saw what happened to the Colts when they didn't have a good enough backup QB when Manning went down. I still like his quote that explains why they chose a QB in the 2nd round:

"We know what Ryan's contract situation is," Belichick said. "We know what Tom's age and contract situation is. I don't think you want to have one quarterback on your team. I don't think that's responsible to the entire team or the organization."

Have you seen how many backup QBs get replaced yearly? It sometimes takes years to figure out that the backup QB has reached a certain level and isn't what you really need. We are very fortunate to have BB and TB. I'm just happy BB was smart enough to take TB in the 6th round where no one else did!

[/QUOTE]

if brady went down mallet wouldnt have won didley.aside from inability to get the ball to receives consistently, the game never slowed down for mallet.i dont see the head (brains) of an nfl qb under pressure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The real story here is that the Pats have seen enough from Garopollo to get rid of Mallet early.  That is really exciting news.  Garopollo looks like a high potential guy, who may some day be good enough to start.

The conditional seventh round pick for Mallet isn't really much at all, but something is still better than nothing.  I've always thought Mallet was a little overrated by many fans just because there was a perception he dropped in the draft and was really first-round talent.  I never was very impressed with him in his preseason snaps . . . and this seems to confirm that his value is not perceived as all that high in the league, since the Pats were apparently shopping him to lots of teams and only ended up with the conditional seventh rounder.  Still, it's a good move to get something for a guy who most GMs probably were willing to let go to waivers. 

[/QUOTE]

i called out his potential (lack thereof season 1 and 2).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to user_483130's comment:

[QUOTE]

+ 1001  apparently mallet wasnt worth that much or obrian knew he would be cut.

I wish they got a proven OL, DL or LB from Texans or Dallas instead of the pick. Didn't just waive a few 6th rd picks yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

+1000

Cept I don't think they give away proven players for unproven back-ups.

Would have bee nice though

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts