Maclin Replacement at WR (Riley Cooper) = Racist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Maclin Replacement at WR (Riley Cooper) = Racist

Maybe he ought to retire, not sure anyone of his teamates would have his back in a 65% black league if a Safety takes his top off. 

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Can you say moron?

He should be cut before all he%# breaks loose on some football field....like next week when we see him.....say hello to the WILSON twins...lmfao!

Hey Russ...SOMEWHAT?!!!

The new master of understatement... :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

To bad he said it. But if a brother said, it would be a none story. If they cut him, he'll be grabbed up in a hurry.

I dislike any kind of racial disparagment. I just wish the media would talk about the kind against whites sometimes too.

But you know accoding to Rachel Jeantel there are two N words now>

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

To bad he said it. But if a brother said, it would be a none story. If they cut him, he'll be grabbed up in a hurry.

I dislike any kind of racial disparagment. I just wish the media would talk about the kind against whites sometimes too.

Racist disparagement of whites?  It's really kept the white race down, hasn't it? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Another Urban Meyer recruit gone bad?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't get how people don't the differences between a Black person saying it and a white person saying it. Between two blacks it's a term of endearment to them, not a racial attack. When a white person says it to a black person, it's almost always a racial attack. Why else would you call a Black person the N-word if you're white? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

Racist disparagement of whites?  It's really kept the white race down, hasn't it? 

So racial slurs are okay in your book so long as the target's race is doing better than the race of the one hurling the slur?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I don't get how people don't the differences between a Black person saying it and a white person saying it. Between two blacks it's a term of endearment to them, not a racial attack. When a white person says it to a black person, it's almost always a racial attack. Why else would you call a Black person the N-word if you're white? 

I believe people of one race should not call people of another race a racial slur. Do you agree?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Even if it is not intended as a racial slur, is it unacceptable for a white person to use that word?  If it is, then it should be the same for black people.  The word is acceptably used in that context by all or it is not. If it's only used acceptably in that context by one race, then it is racism.  There is no way around that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Even if it is not intended as a racial slur, is it unacceptable for a white person to use that word?  If it is, then it should be the same for black people.  The word is acceptably used in that context by all or it is not. If it's only used acceptably in that context by one race, then it is racism.  There is no way around that.

I don't think you know what racism is. And yes, it is unacceptable for a white person to use the word. Why would you want to use such a vile word created to disparage an entire group of people, used as a justification for slavery by making that group out to be "sub-humans" and used as the defense/justification for Jim Crowe laws? Not sure I said it was okay for blacks to use the word freely, but I see the difference between a Black person saying it and a White person saying it.

Also, I was wrong. It's okay to say it in a QT film (Django broke the record), quoting something verbatim(Louis CK's stand-up on the N-word) or if you're rapping a rap song. You can't rap N.W.A's "Straight outta Compton" without saying it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I believe people of one race should not call people of another race a racial slur. Do you agree?

I don't think anyone should call anyone else a racial slur in generally.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22955053/marcus-vick-puts-bounty-on-eagles-wr-riley-cooper

It gets more interesting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't think you know what racism is. And yes, it is unacceptable for a white person to use the word. Why would you want to use such a vile word created to disparage an entire group of people, used as a justification for slavery by making that group out to be "sub-humans" and used as the defense/justification for Jim Crowe laws? Not sure I said it was okay for blacks to use the word freely, but I see the difference between a Black person saying it and a White person saying it.

Racism is the treatment of one group of people differently because of their race, period. If it's unacceptable for white people to use that word in ANY context, then it should be unacceptable for all.  

If a white person cannot use that word as term of endearment (let's say to a black friend, for example), then the same should be true for a black person. To believe otherwise, is racist. It's teating people differently because of their race.

If the word is that objectionable, then nobody should ever use the word. No exceptions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Cooper is a moron, Vick is a bigger moron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Racism is the treatment of one group of people differently because of their race, period. If it's unacceptable for white people to use that word in ANY context, then it should be unacceptable for all.  

If a white person cannot use that word as term of endearment (let's say to a black friend, for example), then the same should be true for a black person. To believe otherwise, is racist. It's teating people differently because of their race.

If the word is that objectionable, then nobody should ever use the word. No exceptions.

Who says you can't say it to your black friend? You just have to work it out with them and make sure they're cool with it. My friend's ex-girlfriend said "N***a, please" all the time to him and he was fine with it. Not sure he would be okay with Cooper saying it to him though. And like I said, my friends and I are fans of 90s rap. When the word is used, we all say it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Do people honestly believe everything is black & white, and the circumstances and context of a situation shouldn't be considered?

If you think it's unacceptable for 'x' to say 'y', and therefore it's also wrong for 'z' to say 'y', I don't know what to tell you.

There's a difference between Cooper saying what he said, and how he said it, and an African-American male saying it. 

Let's go Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Another Gator in the news for the wrong reasons...what else is new?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Do people honestly believe everything is black & white, and the circumstances and context of a situation shouldn't be considered?

If you think it's unacceptable for 'x' to say 'y', and therefore it's also wrong for 'z' to say 'y', I don't know what to tell you.

There's a difference between Cooper saying what he said, and how he said it, and an African-American male saying it. 

Let's go Pats!

Absolutely...Cooper in no way meant it as a term of endearment.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

BTW...I don't think anyone should use the term...it's degrading to anyone...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

the term should not be used by anybody. there's a package store around here where i've gone to get beer. the proprietor is a brother. i've chatted with him many times.

one day i went in to get a ssix pack of beer and he had some over the top rap playing on the sound systen in the store, and all i heard was the N word.. i don't go back there anymore-he lost my business.

i think if MLK heard brothers calling each other the n- word today he would throw up

BTW did anyone hear what Rachel Jeantel defined a cracka as?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Another Urban Meyer recruit gone bad?

+1 muz!  wait to all the thugs start coming out of 'the' ohio st university soon!  amazing what these college coaches cover up!  wow....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

did anyone see the picture of TT, Cooper and Hern? the 3 Gator Amigos!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Obviously Riley Cooper made a big mistake, and it may end up catching up to him eventually.....but the reaction to this story is ridiculous. most people who are outraged about this, have used racial slurs in their lifetime, and if you say you havent, you are full of sh.it. just because there was a camera on this man while he used that word, doesnt mean he is any less of a person than you. he deserved the punshment he got and probobaly deserves more, but all these self-righteous morons are just sickening.

There is never going to be complete racial equality, there are always going to be some from each race who continue to be ignorant. The quicker you accept this and move on, the better off we will be. Its important to not let someone else's ignorance bother you. you should be proud of your race, regardless of what color you are. you really are sensitive if you let something this little bother you. cooper will get his on the football field, theres no reason to harp on this further.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

This is just another reason for the media and all the pissed off people to hoot and hollar. Riley was wrong but the reaction is so annoying

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Obviously Riley Cooper made a big mistake, and it may end up catching up to him eventually.....but the reaction to this story is ridiculous. most people who are outraged about this, have used racial slurs in their lifetime, and if you say you havent, you are full of sh.it. just because there was a camera on this man while he used that word, doesnt mean he is any less of a person than you. he deserved the punshment he got and probobaly deserves more, but all these self-righteous morons are just sickening.

There is never going to be complete racial equality, there are always going to be some from each race who continue to be ignorant. The quicker you accept this and move on, the better off we will be. Its important to not let someone else's ignorance bother you. you should be proud of your race, regardless of what color you are. you really are sensitive if you let something this little bother you. cooper will get his on the football field, theres no reason to harp on this further.

I am surprised at your take. If this happened here, say with Julian Edelman, ESPN would have flown in and Mt Hurl, RKrap, and all the rest would be in here outraged, demanding he be released and blaming BB left and right.

That said, I am stunned Philly hasn't released him.

This is about being an employee of a company.  This isn't about Cooper not liking black people or tossing racial epithets in the air at a horrendous concert.

This is the point. You rep a company that makes millions.  If you did that at a company XMas party or did something else to embarrass the company or hurt the company's brand, you'd be fired.

Personall, I think this is a prime time for an NFL team to take a stand on situations like this, with a zero tolerance in reflection of the anti-gay crap or anything else for that matter. If you notice, a lot of these problems are occcurring with the YOUNGER NFL players from the 22-28 type age group.

IMO, this is not a coincidence.  I am not saying this kind of thing could not happen with the older NFL players, but all of this drama, lack of respect, entitlement, poor professionalism, etc, is a pattern with younger players.

If the NFL was serious about slapping these situations and stopping them cold in their tracks, Philly would be wise to take a stand in principle here.  They're not because Maclin went down.

So, I don't want to hear any BB did this or that or failed the NE Patriots or Bob Kraft. As you can see, other teams aren't really as principled in these areas like this team is.

If this happened here, you can bank on Cooper being released. It wouldn't even be a question. Just the stupidity of it alone is enough for him to be released.

if this happened with a player on the Pats, I would be calling for his release. I simply feel that this specific issue is too much for a locker room to over come, and the division of the team would be too much to over come. to the best of my knowledge, other than Vick, I have not seen another player on the Eagles, or in the NFL speak up on behalf of Cooper 

I would not blame BB for having a player like Cooper on the team. I would blame BB if that player was not released.

Sections
Shortcuts