Maclin Replacement at WR (Riley Cooper) = Racist

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Maclin Replacement at WR (Riley Cooper) = Racist

He has no idea just how sorry he is going to be for being this stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Obviously Riley Cooper made a big mistake, and it may end up catching up to him eventually.....but the reaction to this story is ridiculous. most people who are outraged about this, have used racial slurs in their lifetime, and if you say you havent, you are full of sh.it. just because there was a camera on this man while he used that word, doesnt mean he is any less of a person than you. he deserved the punshment he got and probobaly deserves more, but all these self-righteous morons are just sickening.

There is never going to be complete racial equality, there are always going to be some from each race who continue to be ignorant. The quicker you accept this and move on, the better off we will be. Its important to not let someone else's ignorance bother you. you should be proud of your race, regardless of what color you are. you really are sensitive if you let something this little bother you. cooper will get his on the football field, theres no reason to harp on this further.

Cop out. Complete garbage.

You've shown your true colors lately. Can toss you on ignore with NotPickinPeyton. How 'bout you guys crush a bottle of Jack, and go wail on some African-Americans. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

^So, why isn;t Sal Paolantonio at the door step of Philly's camp with Trey Wingo and others with Philly Enquirer types pushing the anti-Roseman or Lurie card then?

He's STILL on the team.

Here, with Hernandez, we IMMEDIATELY released Hernandez once Kraft and BB learned of the evidence. Obviously, a racial epithet isn't the same as murder or alleged murder or any other charge like that, but the principle is the same.

Either you think something is ok or you don't.

I agree. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

bumped

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

RKrap,

^So, why isn;t Sal Paolantonio at the door step of Philly's camp with Trey Wingo and others with Philly Enquirer types pushing the anti-Roseman or Lurie card then?

He's STILL on the team.

Here, with Hernandez, we IMMEDIATELY released Hernandez once Kraft and BB learned of the evidence. Obviously, a racial epithet isn't the same as murder or alleged murder or any other charge like that, but the principle is the same.

Don't you see the arrogance and hypocrisy from you where you're asking for MORE from BB and Kraft on a Hernandez issue and less from Philly (as a media member/employee) with Roseman/Lurie and Cooper?

They are in dire need of Cooper with Maclin's injury so they're going the PC route.  That should be called out for being phony.

Where is it from the media?  Hmm, RKrap?

from what I have seen and read, this story is front and center with the media since day 1. the Philly media has been all over it, as have the national media.

I dont see using a racial slur or derogatory comment as reason for being fired or released. stupid people are going to say and do stupid things. I think the player should be released for the divisiveness of the locker room.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I really don't see how the Eagles have any choice but to cut him... that video was bad. He clearly wasn't drunk, he clearly wasn't joking around in the least. He was focused, angry, and serious. 

Perhaps Donald Sterling will sign him when he's on the street... have him play 2-guard for the Clippers. 

Let's go Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Obviously Riley Cooper made a big mistake, and it may end up catching up to him eventually.....but the reaction to this story is ridiculous. most people who are outraged about this, have used racial slurs in their lifetime, and if you say you havent, you are full of sh.it. just because there was a camera on this man while he used that word, doesnt mean he is any less of a person than you. he deserved the punshment he got and probobaly deserves more, but all these self-righteous morons are just sickening.

There is never going to be complete racial equality, there are always going to be some from each race who continue to be ignorant. The quicker you accept this and move on, the better off we will be. Its important to not let someone else's ignorance bother you. you should be proud of your race, regardless of what color you are. you really are sensitive if you let something this little bother you. cooper will get his on the football field, theres no reason to harp on this further.

Cop out. Complete garbage.

You've shown your true colors lately. Can toss you on ignore with NotPickinPeyton. How 'bout you guys crush a bottle of Jack, and go wail on some African-Americans. 

whats garbage is that you are letting something stupid like this, get to you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

This is just another reason for the media and all the pissed all people who hoot and hollar. Riley was wrong but the reaction is so annoying

really, the REACTION is annoying? just prowes MY point that for many the crime of riley is repeating in PUBLIC to what many accept and say freely in priWATE! now he's brought scrutiny, how dare him, right? now he may actually b reconditioned in COMMYland to not put up with this stuff in his priWATE either.. clearly where that mindset was shaped for YEARS!

you are right that its a shame that this is only a big deal because it was in public and in front of a camera, but language like that happens everyone.....which is why im surprised that people are caught off guard by something like this. ignorance like this goes on all over the place everyday. like i said, most of the people here, though they wont admit it, are guilty of using some of the same type of racial slur(s) that cooper did. its a shame that he said that word, and its a shame that people are still so offended by it, but in the end cooper only hurt himself.

also, id like to say that marcus vick is absolute sc.um, putting a bounty out on the man, really? what an absolute idiot. cooper is ignorant, vick is a moron. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

rusty, you are absolutely right about the younger players. its just the way society is today, all of these players are as entitled as ever and think they can get away with anything just because they are a professional athlete. the harsh language/racism/anti-gay remarks are used everywhere today and these athletes think its fine for them to use that type of language. i do think this story is overblown, but yes cooper should have known better than to use that type of language. it is an embarassment to his family, and to the eagles franchise, not to mention disrespectful. but like i said, its best to just not let this type of stuff bother you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I don't get how people don't the differences between a Black person saying it and a white person saying it. Between two blacks it's a term of endearment to them, not a racial attack. When a white person says it to a black person, it's almost always a racial attack. Why else would you call a Black person the N-word if you're white? 

Even if it is not intended as a racial slur, is it unacceptable for a white person to use that word?  If it is, then it should be the same for black people.  The word is acceptably used in that context by all or it is not. If it's only used acceptably in that context by one race, then it is racism.  There is no way around that.

I don't think you know what racism is. And yes, it is unacceptable for a white person to use the word. Why would you want to use such a vile word created to disparage an entire group of people, used as a justification for slavery by making that group out to be "sub-humans" and used as the defense/justification for Jim Crowe laws? Not sure I said it was okay for blacks to use the word freely, but I see the difference between a Black person saying it and a White person saying it.

Racism is the treatment of one group of people differently because of their race, period. If it's unacceptable for white people to use that word in ANY context, then it should be unacceptable for all.  

If a white person cannot use that word as term of endearment (let's say to a black friend, for example), then the same should be true for a black person. To believe otherwise, is racist. It's teating people differently because of their race.

If the word is that objectionable, then nobody should ever use the word. No exceptions.

Context matters. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

RKrap,

He's STILL on the team.

Don't you see the arrogance and hypocrisy from you where you're asking for MORE from BB and Kraft on a Hernandez issue and less from Philly (as a media member/employee) with Roseman/Lurie and Cooper?

They are in dire need of Cooper with Maclin's injury so they're going the PC route.  That should be called out for being phony.

seems your favorite jornalist is front and center with it, and Paolantonio has a podcast

ESPN/ASHLEY FOX

-- After every drill Riley Cooper ran in practice Thursday, he jogged to the sideline and stood by himself. He didn't interact with teammates. He didn't talk. He was a man among 89 others, yet he was alone.

It is going to be difficult, if not impossible, for Cooper's football career in Philadelphia to continue after video emerged Wednesday of him directing a racial epithet at a security guard during a Kenny Chesney concert last month. Many of his teammates, as Michael Vick told me, are "shocked and appalled" by Cooper's behavior. Emotions are raw. Players are trying to figure out how to coexist with a teammate many liked and called a friend.

"Guys are hurting right now," Vick said.

What Cooper said is clearly unacceptable and wrong. It is tiresome that we must even discuss this issue in 2013. We should be past it.

Given the negative power of the word Cooper used, many teammates won't be apt to forgive and forget. It is an issue that could divide the locker room, as first-year coach Chip Kelly acknowledged Thursday. It is an issue that could undercut Kelly's authority, given that the team fined Cooper but did not suspend him.

ESPN NFL reporter Sal Paolantonio shares his thoughts on the way that Riley Cooper was treated by his teammates during the Eagles' latest practice, Cooper's future in Philadelphia and more.

More Podcasts »

Cooper is radioactive. He is divisive. And while Kelly likes the size he brings to the field, Cooper isn't a star. He's a wide receiver who has caught 46 passes and scored five touchdowns in three seasons in Philadelphia. Even with fellow wideout Jeremy Maclin out for the year after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, the Eagles can live without Cooper. They have 11 other wide receivers on their training camp roster, in addition to seven tight ends, which in Kelly's offense are equally important.

Kelly said that in assessing punishment for Cooper -- the team swiftly fined him an undisclosed amount of money Wednesday -- he never considered taking Cooper's roster spot from him.

He will have to reconsider.

This issue isn't going anywhere. It is living in the locker room.

Cooper has said and done the right things since the news broke. He personally apologized to Kelly, owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman. He apologized publicly. He apologized to the team.

But that doesn't erase what he said.

After Cooper addressed the team Wednesday, Kelly opened the floor to anyone who wished to speak. Vick spoke first. Then veteran receiver Jason Avant, a close friend of Cooper's, spoke.

Vick wouldn't divulge exactly what he said -- "I was in a different mood yesterday," he said -- but the message touched on the power of second chances and forgiveness.

"I tried to defuse it for a day, but I can't make it go away," Vick said. "I can't do that. It's too big."

Huge, actually. That's why Kelly said, "In situations like this, X's and O's go out the window." It is why he had position coaches talk to their players about it, and why he will set up meetings between Cooper and new players who might not know him well, if at all. It is why the Eagles are insisting Cooper receive counseling. It is why Kelly acknowledged there could be "a concern" that Cooper could divide the locker room.

"It's a very hot topic," Kelly said. "That's why I encourage our group and our team, we talked about it [Wednesday] night at the team meeting, we have to have some open communication to make sure that everybody understands what went on, and then what Riley's doing to atone for that."

Vick is concerned. He has as good a read on the locker room as anyone. He is one of the team's leaders. He is the oldest player on the roster. He has been around.

"I'm not going to let this divide the locker room," Vick said. "We have football games to win. We have to pull together."

But Vick acknowledged that not everyone is as willing to move on. Ask five players how they feel, Vick said, and you'll get five different answers. Running back LeSean McCoy said Cooper had been one of his friends but that he has lost respect for him. Avant quoted Bible scripture when explaining why he offered forgiveness, but another player I talked to said he was "sickened" by what Cooper said and couldn't forgive him.

Locker rooms are delicate environments that can be torn apart by smaller issues than this. Terrell Owens once infamously divided the Eagles' locker room because of his feelings about Donovan McNabb. What Cooper said hit nearly every one of his teammates in the gut, which means it will threaten the locker room environment even more. Players must choose: forgive or not.

Another thing Vick said got my attention. I asked whether he knew Cooper to be seemingly able to effortlessly use the N-word, even if he had been drinking.

"No," Vick said. "That's the thing. That's not the guy we know. We know Riley."

Vick paused for a second.

"Or maybe we don't," he said.

That's a problem. That can fester. Part of building a winning football team is getting guys to play for each other in good times and bad. It's a relationship business.

No one was playing with, much less for, Cooper in practice Thursday. It's hard to envision that changing, which is why the Eagles are going to have to cut him.

Cooper's career in Philadelphia can't survive this, because Kelly's first season in Philadelphia can't survive him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

To bad he said it. But if a brother said, it would be a none story. If they cut him, he'll be grabbed up in a hurry.

I dislike any kind of racial disparagment. I just wish the media would talk about the kind against whites sometimes too.

But you know accoding to Rachel Jeantel there are two N words now>

THE HONEST TRUTH:  Here is how it REALLY worked in the D-1 and professional football locker rooms that I was personally a part of during my time as a player. From personal experience and occasional interraction with some more recent players, I can say with near ceratinty that it is pretty much the same today in locker rooms all over the country.

Even in mixed locker rooms, the "N-word" is used in common back and forth conversations primarily between black athletes and is intended to be a substitute for the way White people use the word "Man".  I.E. "Come on, man! You gotta be kidding me!" vs. "Come on n@#$%$! You gotta be kidding me!" Once the white athlete has earned enough trust by the balck athletes on his team, whether it be over time or he has earned their respect because of his incredible athletic prowess or just because the black athletes know the white athlete well enough to instill confidence that he isn't prejudiced against black people, The black athletes will even begin to call the white/non-black athlete the "N-word" too. AND, at that point, the white athlete may and usually does reciprocate the same to the black athlete without any offense taken by either player, black or white. I am not black, but as a member of these types of locker rooms have been called the "N-word" hundreds of times. It is not a "term of enderament" as much as it is a term expressing "trust" and "acceptance" especially when a black athlete uses it when referring to a fellow white athlete. I am not defending its use, just explaining the reality of its use.

I am absolutely not insinuating that Riley Cooper was using the term based on my explanation. BUT I can imagine that Riley is not as nearly uncomfortable in saying the word becasue of the environment that he is regularly in, and possibly even because he himself is caled the "N-word" in the locker room as a sign of acceptance by his blcak teammates. Regardless, Riley is wrong as there is no excuse for using any racial slur in the way he apparently inteded to be doing. But I also believe that the common way in which he hears the slur being used on a daily basis has desythesized him to how vulgar it is and sounds to most common Americans.

I can't help that most men out there can't realte to this behavior and will find it both rediculous and unacceptable. All I can tell you, is that in the world of professional sports, this is actually very very common behavior. You Black athletes out there go ahead a back me up on this now, because you know I speak the honest truth. For obvious reasons, NOBODY wants to openly admit this culture because outsiders just can't understand the level of commaradery and openness that grown men experience when they spend so much time, blood, sweat, and even tears in these locker rooms.  This is not my opinion or a guess, this is all fact whether you feel it right or wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

This is just another reason for the media and all the pissed all people who hoot and hollar. Riley was wrong but the reaction is so annoying

Why is it annoying?  Shouldn't he be released? I think the PC approach with "off field classes so he can learn tolerance" more annoying. That's what I think.  Yes, let's send him to a class to fix him. Isn't that nice. Give me a break.

I also find racial tolerance or social intolerance unacceptable, as well as a lack of respect for having the privilege of playing in the NFL.

Then again, the Eagles are the franchise that raced out and signed Vick, too.

So, Riley Cooper is now going to go into a Philly Children's Hospital for charity work and avoid the black kid's room?

I mean....Please.  He should be released. If a CFL team wants to deal with it, let them.

Its annoying!! yes!! we all know racism is wrong but aren`t we all tired of 500 million reactions and OMG`s everytime someone says something wrong. Talking heads and all their social media dwits annoy the heck out of me. now we have to deal with 24/7 coverage on Riley every day. Not to worry, im sure the mainsteam and social media hores will jump to the next big story in a week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

To bad he said it. But if a brother said, it would be a none story. If they cut him, he'll be grabbed up in a hurry.

I dislike any kind of racial disparagment. I just wish the media would talk about the kind against whites sometimes too.

But you know accoding to Rachel Jeantel there are two N words now>

Racist disparagement of whites?  It's really kept the white race down, hasn't it? 

Thats quite genius of you. Just because history has played out the way it has doesn't mean whites and others are discriminated against. Racism works for everyone. Just because you mimic the main stream media doesn't make it so. In fact, this trash you dispel is exactly what they want us to believe..that whites can't be discriminated against, and when they are its no big deal because it makes up for past sins. Complete bs and so is your comment senor sheeple. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Maybe he ought to retire, not sure anyone of his teamates would have his back in a 65% black league if a Safety takes his top off. 

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

I Missed the News the last couple days. Did Riley Cooper kill someone. Because the guy throwing him the ball is a Convicted fellon for, torturing and abusing and KILLING helpless dogs. Did he break the law. Was it outside his place of work. Is anyone on The Eagles guilty of using this racial Slur. This has more to do with the Star system, if Riley was a star this would blow over in the locker room quickly. I know, I have been in Locker Rooms..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

RKrap,

He's STILL on the team.

seems your favorite jornalist is front and center with it, and Paolantonio has a podcast

ESPN/ASHLEY FOX

-- After every drill Riley Cooper ran in practice Thursday, he jogged to the sideline and stood by himself. He didn't interact with teammates. He didn't talk. He was a man among 89 others, yet he was alone.

It is going to be difficult, if not impossible, for Cooper's football career in Philadelphia to continue after video emerged Wednesday of him directing a racial epithet at a security guard during a Kenny Chesney concert last month. Many of his teammates, as Michael Vick told me, are "shocked and appalled" by Cooper's behavior. Emotions are raw. Players are trying to figure out how to coexist with a teammate many liked and called a friend.

"Guys are hurting right now," Vick said.

What Cooper said is clearly unacceptable and wrong. It is tiresome that we must even discuss this issue in 2013. We should be past it.

Given the negative power of the word Cooper used, many teammates won't be apt to forgive and forget. It is an issue that could divide the locker room, as first-year coach Chip Kelly acknowledged Thursday. It is an issue that could undercut Kelly's authority, given that the team fined Cooper but did not suspend him.

ESPN NFL reporter Sal Paolantonio shares his thoughts on the way that Riley Cooper was treated by his teammates during the Eagles' latest practice, Cooper's future in Philadelphia and more.

More Podcasts »

Cooper is radioactive. He is divisive. And while Kelly likes the size he brings to the field, Cooper isn't a star. He's a wide receiver who has caught 46 passes and scored five touchdowns in three seasons in Philadelphia. Even with fellow wideout Jeremy Maclin out for the year after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, the Eagles can live without Cooper. They have 11 other wide receivers on their training camp roster, in addition to seven tight ends, which in Kelly's offense are equally important.

Kelly said that in assessing punishment for Cooper -- the team swiftly fined him an undisclosed amount of money Wednesday -- he never considered taking Cooper's roster spot from him.

He will have to reconsider.

This issue isn't going anywhere. It is living in the locker room.

Cooper has said and done the right things since the news broke. He personally apologized to Kelly, owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman. He apologized publicly. He apologized to the team.

But that doesn't erase what he said.

After Cooper addressed the team Wednesday, Kelly opened the floor to anyone who wished to speak. Vick spoke first. Then veteran receiver Jason Avant, a close friend of Cooper's, spoke.

Vick wouldn't divulge exactly what he said -- "I was in a different mood yesterday," he said -- but the message touched on the power of second chances and forgiveness.

"I tried to defuse it for a day, but I can't make it go away," Vick said. "I can't do that. It's too big."

Huge, actually. That's why Kelly said, "In situations like this, X's and O's go out the window." It is why he had position coaches talk to their players about it, and why he will set up meetings between Cooper and new players who might not know him well, if at all. It is why the Eagles are insisting Cooper receive counseling. It is why Kelly acknowledged there could be "a concern" that Cooper could divide the locker room.

"It's a very hot topic," Kelly said. "That's why I encourage our group and our team, we talked about it [Wednesday] night at the team meeting, we have to have some open communication to make sure that everybody understands what went on, and then what Riley's doing to atone for that."

Vick is concerned. He has as good a read on the locker room as anyone. He is one of the team's leaders. He is the oldest player on the roster. He has been around.

"I'm not going to let this divide the locker room," Vick said. "We have football games to win. We have to pull together."

But Vick acknowledged that not everyone is as willing to move on. Ask five players how they feel, Vick said, and you'll get five different answers. Running back LeSean McCoy said Cooper had been one of his friends but that he has lost respect for him. Avant quoted Bible scripture when explaining why he offered forgiveness, but another player I talked to said he was "sickened" by what Cooper said and couldn't forgive him.

Locker rooms are delicate environments that can be torn apart by smaller issues than this. Terrell Owens once infamously divided the Eagles' locker room because of his feelings about Donovan McNabb. What Cooper said hit nearly every one of his teammates in the gut, which means it will threaten the locker room environment even more. Players must choose: forgive or not.

Another thing Vick said got my attention. I asked whether he knew Cooper to be seemingly able to effortlessly use the N-word, even if he had been drinking.

"No," Vick said. "That's the thing. That's not the guy we know. We know Riley."

Vick paused for a second.

"Or maybe we don't," he said.

That's a problem. That can fester. Part of building a winning football team is getting guys to play for each other in good times and bad. It's a relationship business.

No one was playing with, much less for, Cooper in practice Thursday. It's hard to envision that changing, which is why the Eagles are going to have to cut him.

Cooper's career in Philadelphia can't survive this, because Kelly's first season in Philadelphia can't survive him.

Rusty bludgeoned and his usual disappearing act after the bludgeon

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This is why I say we should stick to watching athletes play their sports. Stop trying to get into their lives and stop thinking they are role models. They are humans who have faults. I had to sit and watch nfl network talk about this all day and I didnt even know what was said. At the end of the day, lots of people go home and behave in diff. ways. Same way I didnt care about Paula Deen being a racist, why do I care what Riley Cooper does outside of football as long as he doesnt cross me in person then we are fine. Why do we seek to change people? Make him apologize for what? Being a racist. It is what it is. We know they exist but all this blowing up of the story just makes it impossible to play. Whos to say some players may not want to light em up now? on the field of course, but I wouldnt want to be him. Its a serious issue, but one that isnt going anywhere. So while I agree it was bad to say, if thats who he is, than so be it. I dont wanna know about athletes personal lives, just wether or not they can play. The fact that practically NOONE is a racist in public but I deal with millions online behind their keyboard sais it all. Just another coward who was caught on camera. Just dont tell me racism is dead because of a half black puppet in the white house.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Dumb comment from a dumb guy who was dumb enough to get caught on camera but this will blow over and, IMO, it will not be fatal to his career.

However, discussing it publicly is probably a better idea than brushing the issue under the carpet. I am against most forms of political correctness but this term is deeply offensive to 12% of this nation's population for historical reasons. African-Americans using it on each other is an embarassment, in my opinion, but does not justify its use by other races. My siblings and I would have been in deep trouble with our parents if they had ever heard us using this term.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I never get that it's OK for a black person to call another black person the N word but a white person can't call a black person the N word. To me if someone calls you a buxxhole they are calling you a buxxhole no matter what color you are and it's not meant as a compliment.

We have rappers out there rapping about killing whites, abusing women and killing cops and they never get called on it. But knuckleheads like Riley Cooper and Paula Dean are the biggest threat to America since the Soviet Union broke up.

There ain't a person in the world who has never had a bad thought or said something regrettable. Remember, at the end of the day we are to be judged by the sum of our entire life, not by those who have an agenda.

Carry on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Yet again, context matters.

A number of people here fail to understand that idea. 

Let's go Pats!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's an ugly word.

I heard it used 110 times in the movie Django.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I reiterate, context matters. Nothing is black & white.

If you all want to keep repeating the same canned lines, and completely ignore circumstance and context, be my guest. 

A closed mind is a bad and dangerous thing. 

Let's go Pats!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

It looks like he will be cut, but it's ok if no other team picks him up. He already has a job lined up for the WWE. His moniker is gonna be Riley "Triple K" Cooper

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

rusty, you are absolutely right about the younger players. its just the way society is today, all of these players are as entitled as ever and think they can get away with anything just because they are a professional athlete. the harsh language/racism/anti-gay remarks are used everywhere today and these athletes think its fine for them to use that type of language. i do think this story is overblown, but yes cooper should have known better than to use that type of language. it is an embarassment to his family, and to the eagles franchise, not to mention disrespectful. but like i said, its best to just not let this type of stuff bother you.

If you use racial epithets in your private life, that's fine, but stop projecting your bigotry unto others. Was I always a race conscious person? No, in fact, in my middle school years , I was a punk. But I was a kid, Cooper is 25.

u

Sections
Shortcuts