Magini comments on First and Ten about Pats Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

Magini comments on First and Ten about Pats Defense

BB has become that old lady who collects a lot of cats, instead he collects draft picks.

Magini  said this morning that the defense is going to take some time to gel, and with Meriwather gone, it will some time to comunicate.

your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haxker. Show Haxker's posts

Re: Magini comments on First and Ten about Pats Defense

Obviously Mangini knows football and how to win better than BB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: The Whiny Rat comments on First and Ten about Pats Defense

fixed your topic name for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Who is in his 37th year as a coach and considered the best in the business and who has been fired from every coaching job he had. FatRat has found his niche as jealous announcer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well coming from a guy who isnt even on a football field I'm not going to take a lot of faith in it. When we pick 2X in the first and 2X in the second next year then Mangini will say hes genius.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

One is primed for a Super Bowl. One is working for ESPN.

I'll take the former.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Yes Mangini, your fomer boss and mentor does collect extra draft picks just in case a Top 10 pick turns into Vernon Gholston...but you were too busy double-crossing him for that lesson.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I hope they had subtitles, with that lisp of his he's hard to understand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

In Response to Re: Magini comments on First and Ten about Pats Defense:
    [QUOTE]Yes Mangini, your fomer boss and mentor does collect extra draft picks just in case a Top 10 pick turns into Vernon Gholston...but you were too busy double-crossing him for that lesson.
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]
    Perfect reply.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Master Hoodie's legacy...Three time SB winner as a head coach and counting, maybe greatest coach of all time, not any worse than top three.

Man-gEYE-na's legacy...Fat, fat, the bloody R-A-T!  Not just a R-A-T, but a rat about things he did as an asst. coach with the Pats, and something that ALL NFL coaches did and still do, including St. Dungy of the Rejected Son Pines .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

hate that guy, won't listen to a word he says, frucking cheese eater

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He slit his own coaching throat when he back stabbed BB. ESPN hired him to continue sniping at BB in order to capture the NY market. Is he knowledgable of course he is,is he watchable not a Rat's chance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

If they're playing MAN coverage, they don't need time to gel.  They just need to do their jobs

ZONE coverage worries me.  A LOT.  It took me a full month of passing camp and training camp working the simplest Cover-1, Cover-2, and Cover-3 concepts ever in high school to finally figure out when the LCB on my side of the field or the safety was going to pick up post and fade routes behind me, and who had dibs on which out routes and curls

Obviously the Patriots' zones are infinitely more complex.  ZONE coverage will be more of an issue in terms of gelling.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Yes Mangini, your fomer boss and mentor does collect extra draft picks just in case a Top 10 pick turns into Vernon Gholston...but you were too busy double-crossing him for that lesson.
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

Funny!

Speaking about the 2007 draft, seems to me that BB's ENTIRE draft is no longer with the team. But Mangini's a dufus for drafting Gholston. But, what about the #1 he drafted tin 2007? Some schlep named "Revis". A real bum I hear. But, seeing how you apparently want to unload on The Rat for 1 draft pick, let's take a good look at all his draft picks compared to BB's in teh same time frame. I'm telling you in advance that it's NOT pretty.

Year                        JESTS!                       Patriots

2006                      D Ferguson                  L Maroney
                                     N Mangold

2007                     D Revis                         B Meriweather   

2008                     V Gohlston                    J Mayo
                                    D Keller   

What's that tennis saying? Oh, yeah!  "Game; set; and match!" (Maybe BB could or SHOULD hire The Rat back as a draft consultant?)             

Now, before you start whining about me needing to go support another team, ALL of BB's first round draft picks since he arrived in NE, costing the Pats a #1 as compensation, are GONE except for: Wilfork (took a pay cut to come to the NFL), Mankins (seemed to try hard to let him "walk"), Mayo (I'm waiting for the career ending injury. Always seems to happen when the Pats draft a stud player who actually performs as one), and McCourty (one year does not a career make). Sorry, but Solder is too new to rate. Hasn't played a regular season down yet. I'll put his "Great Pick!" accolades on hold for a bit. See me in 3 years.

All I'm saying is that you need to check out facts befoe shooting off your fingers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Hey...all you "fans" from NYC should be able to relate to the concept of a R-A-T....wasn't that the essence of the  NYC home grown John Gotti defense, that he was back stabbed by a R-A-T.......Man -gEYE-na  was and is a R-A-T! Nothing else matters...

Oh yeah, he's a huge hypocrite too!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magini comments on First and Ten about Pats Defense : Funny! Speaking about the 2007 draft, seems to me that BB's ENTIRE draft is no longer with the team. But Mangini's a dufus for drafting Gholston. But, what about the #1 he drafted tin 2007? Some schlep named "Revis". A real bum I hear. But, seeing how you apparently want to unload on The Rat for 1 draft pick, let's take a good look at all his draft picks compared to BB's in teh same time frame. I'm telling you in advance that it's NOT pretty.      Year                         JESTS!                        Patriots      2006                      D Ferguson                  L Maroney                                  N Mangold      2007                     D Revis                         B Meriweather         2008                     V Gohlston                    J Mayo                                 D Keller    What's that tennis saying? Oh, yeah!  "Game; set; and match!" (Maybe BB could or SHOULD hire The Rat back as a draft consultant?)              Now, before you start whining about me needing to go support another team, ALL of BB's first round draft picks since he arrived in NE, costing the Pats a #1 as compensation, are GONE except for: Wilfork (took a pay cut to come to the NFL), Mankins (seemed to try hard to let him "walk"), Mayo (I'm waiting for the career ending injury. Always seems to happen when the Pats draft a stud player who actually performs as one), and McCourty (one year does not a career make). Sorry, but Solder is too new to rate. Hasn't played a regular season down yet. I'll put his "Great Pick!" accolades on hold for a bit. See me in 3 years. All I'm saying is that you need to check out facts befoe shooting off your fingers.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

You're correct! Mangini did draft better in that time span! And seeing how the draft is a crap shoot based on variables that no one can explain/predict/comprehend, it's a wonder he didn't do better as a coach. I mean, clearly he had the better talent...I'm at a loss to explain why he failed miserably at that (little) part of his job and thus is no longer in the nfl. Very captivating stuff!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

First Herman Edwards now Mangini. I see Rex Ryan on espn in about a year or two

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawDawg94. Show LawDawg94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magini comments on First and Ten about Pats Defense : Funny! Speaking about the 2007 draft, seems to me that BB's ENTIRE draft is no longer with the team. But Mangini's a dufus for drafting Gholston. But, what about the #1 he drafted tin 2007? Some schlep named "Revis". A real bum I hear. But, seeing how you apparently want to unload on The Rat for 1 draft pick, let's take a good look at all his draft picks compared to BB's in teh same time frame. I'm telling you in advance that it's NOT pretty.      Year                         JESTS!                        Patriots      2006                      D Ferguson                  L Maroney                                  N Mangold      2007                     D Revis                         B Meriweather         2008                     V Gohlston                    J Mayo                                 D Keller    What's that tennis saying? Oh, yeah!  "Game; set; and match!" (Maybe BB could or SHOULD hire The Rat back as a draft consultant?)              Now, before you start whining about me needing to go support another team, ALL of BB's first round draft picks since he arrived in NE, costing the Pats a #1 as compensation, are GONE except for: Wilfork (took a pay cut to come to the NFL), Mankins (seemed to try hard to let him "walk"), Mayo (I'm waiting for the career ending injury. Always seems to happen when the Pats draft a stud player who actually performs as one), and McCourty (one year does not a career make). Sorry, but Solder is too new to rate. Hasn't played a regular season down yet. I'll put his "Great Pick!" accolades on hold for a bit. See me in 3 years. All I'm saying is that you need to check out facts befoe shooting off your fingers.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

You're dumb for even making such comparison...  Give BB the draft picks from those slots and he'll hit on a stud all day...  When you consistently draft in the lower end of the draft, the talent level decreases.  You idiot! Wilfork, Warren, Seymour, Mankin, McCourty, Mayo...  Need I go on?  BB has hit on a lot more 1st rders in his tenure at NE's HC. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No one cares what thr Rat says, he's a loser

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I'm not sure that Mangini said anything remotely controversial here. Until the Patriots actually play a real game with this defense I will give Mangini the benefit of the doubt. They appear to be about to play a brand new style of defense with a whole slew of new players so unless you can see the future Mangini's answer was a typical ESPN answer. It appears to be more controversial than it actually is. Making mistakes on a football field is a constant occurance. Fixing those mistakes is what wins championships.

Sections
Shortcuts