Make the case for Ridley...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Make the case for Ridley...

Vereen had 160 all-purpose yards, on 20 touches. 

To be frank ... unless it's game plan/situation specific, I think he should be the offensive centerpiece until Gronk gets back. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Make the case for Ridley...

No brainer. Ridley is Mr. Unreliable. I've been down on him since midway last season. Can't take care of the ball, can't run when we need it (like Vereen just DID).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I got nothin!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Can't make the case for him right now.  I'm really pissed off that he managed to play himself out of this gme when we needed weapons on offense.  What is wrong with him ?!?!?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:

Can't make the case for him right now.  I'm really pissed off that he managed to play himself out of this gme when we needed weapons on offense.  What is wrong with him ?!?!?

He's had ball control issues his entire career. All through LSU ... he fumbled in practice, fumbled out of the sideline. He's actually very lucky as a player ... he could 2-3x the amount of fumbles in his career that he has now. 

But even now, aside from that, just re-watch the Pats v Texans and this game ... then intersperse looking at Ridley in the same stretch. 

Vereen is just more gifted.

Granted he won't be as good in short yardage ... but when he does everything else so much better he really should be getting the most touches in the backfield. 

Not Ridley. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

I got nothin!

LOL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

No brainer. Ridley is Mr. Unreliable. I've been down on him since midway last season. Can't take care of the ball, can't run when we need it (like Vereen just DID).

That was huge. 

Really, blown block ... in the clutch ... he cut it back against the defense like he did against the Texans last season. 

Ridley couldn't touch that run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't think speaking up for Ridley is a shot at Vareen or vice versa....IMO Ridley ran very well, 5.1 avg and a couple of first downs. He had a slip and the ground knocked the ball out of his hands. He must, and will clean that up. The team will need him. I think he still has a big season, as does Vareen, and ditto Bolden. 

I said earlier that I expect if/when the RB's are healthy, Blount is the odd man out. I did not think he showed much today

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Ridley is playinghimself out of a job. Have to protect the ball above all else

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Ridley should be worried about his roster spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I don't think speaking up for Ridley is a shot at Vareen or vice versa....IMO Ridley ran very well, 5.1 avg and a couple of first downs. He had a slip and the ground knocked the ball out of his hands. He must, and will clean that up. The team will need him. I think he still has a big season, as does Vareen, and ditto Bolden. 

I said earlier that I expect if/when the RB's are healthy, Blount is the odd man out. I did not think he showed much today

Agreed, with the exception of your comments on Blount. I think Ridley, Vereen, and perhaps Bolden are better players, but Blount has something to offer to this team. He started slow, but had a handful of impressive runs in the second half. He showed some 'pop' and hit a few guys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think he hurt his shoulder on the second fumble.  I also think there was something with the field. It didnt look like anyone could cut hard with out slipping or falling.  First game.  Anything can happen. Heck the jests won

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I made my case in the Game Thread.   His new role is to carry Vereen's helmet to/from the practice field for the next few weeks.  Nothing else.

If he can do that without dropping it we can consider him for mop up duty in blowouts by mid-season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He very well may ... but NE loses something when he is on the field. 

And they gain very little. 

I was looking for a case for why he should get more reps/snaps than Vereen on a weekly basis. 

Believe it or not, I'm actually open to suggestions as to why he should.

In the last few games, though, there have to be question marks. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I made my case in the Game Thread.   His new role is to carry Vereen's helmet to/from the practice field for the next few weeks.  Nothing else.

If he can do that without dropping it we can consider him for mop up duty in blowouts by mid-season.

Ouch

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If Ridley sees the field much at all anymore, BB needs to have his head examined.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He is one my #1 FF RB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

ridley was having a very good game until that fluke play.

Fluke play? Nobody touched him!

Most pathetic thing I've seen since Pass dropped the ball to grab his hamstring.

And he fumbled the ball earlier as well. The guy is a f'n disaster waiting to happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

He is one my #1 FF RB

+100 

That is a rock solid answer. Haha. He'll get his reps, I'm sure. But I think the balance should tip some in Vereen's favor.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

ridley was having a very good game until that fluke play.

Fluke play? Nobody touched him!

Most pathetic thing I've seen since Pass dropped the ball to grab his hamstring.

And he fumbled the ball earlier as well. The guy is a f'n disaster waiting to happen.

[/QUOTE]

Really, he doesn't protect the ball and is not careful with it. 

It was a knock on him coming out of college ... how much more do people need to see?

I gave him a full bogie after fumbling away a close Raven's game ... but really? 

He is fumbling himself out of snaps. That is for sure. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

He is one my #1 FF RB

+100 

That is a rock solid answer. Haha. He'll get his reps, I'm sure. But I think the balance should tip some in Vereen's favor.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like 99% to 1% in favor of Vereen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Over reaction! The dude got the point, he needs to fix it. AP fumbles as well. Perhaps he should be 

benched as well. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

ridley was having a very good game until that fluke play. glad to see vereen come in and show he is capable of handling the work load. NE has a very nice 1-2 punch with vereen and ridley.. i don't really care what all the negative nancy's have to say. 

If you call putting the ball on the ground twice good, then I guess you're right. His first fumble was booted by the officials - really bad call - that ball was out but Connelly recovered it anyway.

Ridley's moving toward finding out that backs that fumble a lot don't have long careers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He is one my #1 FF RB

+100 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like 99% to 1% in favor of Vereen.

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see a test run of something like 20-25 touches (combined runs and targets) for Vereen while limiting Ridley to about 10 runs (because let's face it, he's not a receiving back). 

At least as a test run. I think Vereen can be a huge difference maker with more playing time. 

Also ... with less 2RB sets ... get him on the line if you want him to catch. The slant in the 4th was a great catch. 

Ridley just doesn't give you the ability to give that look. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

If Eddie Lacy fumbles the ball six times in the next 4 games, then he'll probably be grabbing some pine too