Makeing Room For RB Chris Taylor?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Makeing Room For RB Chris Taylor?

I dont understand this signing?we traded DE le-kevin smith,and released cb mike richardson for rb chris taylor.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4044

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Makeing Room For RB Chris Taylor?

Extra depth in the preseason....He would be 6th on the depth chart....I do not see him making the roster

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

They also released CB Mike Richardson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Makeing Room For RB Chris Taylor?:
    They also released CB Mike Richardson.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

They have a lot of depth in the secondary now....my how things have changed in the last year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

who's chris taylor???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

exactly!I could see it if it was some more pass rushing help,but we are stacked at running back.the site said he may not make the team.if so why waste the effort?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

who's chris taylor???
    Posted by NEforever

Moss put a website above...click on it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

In Response to Makeing Room For RB Chris Taylor?:
    I dont understand this signing?we traded DE le-kevin smith,and released cb mike richardson for rb chris taylor. http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4044
    Posted by mosseffect43

He's not being used at RB, he's being tried out as a fullback.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I don't understand the signing either...unless the Pats want to rest their veteran RBs throughout the pre-season, and just need someone to run the ball during the no-count games. Heres' more on Taylor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Taylor_(American_football)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If this kid is being tried out as a full back then this could be bad for some of teh Tight Ends. Guy sliek Dave Thomas were goingto make the team cause they could play full back as well but if we get a full back then we can cut an extra TE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

I don't understand the signing either...unless the Pats want to rest their veteran RBs throughout the pre-season, and just need someone to run the ball during the no-count games. Heres' more on Taylor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Taylor_(American_football )
    Posted by TexasPat3

fullback, not running back, fullback.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

For some reason WR/TE/RB are all positions log jammed at the moment. It will be interesting to see how those positions work out after the final roster is set.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport posted:

Belichick talked about added depth, particularly for practice.

We worked (Taylor) out a week and a half ago, but we didn’t have a roster spot to work him in,” Belichick said. “We felt like he’d be competitive with this group. … We definitely would’ve gone to camp with six running backs if Eric Kettani had been available (and not on military reserve). Six is a better number to work with.

With the moves, if you’re keeping score at home, it leaves the Patriots with 78 spots with

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

has anyone seen this guy play?

i'm guessing he's just here to hand the ball off to in the second half of preseason games, to keep our guys health. every one of our running backs is injury prone (except BJGE) and it looks like morris is already hurt. so might as well try to keep those guys fresh. and maybe its another tactic to prod maroney to hit the hole hard for once!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Makeing Room For RB Chris Taylor? : They have a lot of depth in the secondary now....my how things have changed in the last year!
    Posted by Rocky

Certainly and injection of talent and athleticism!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

I dont understand this signing?we traded DE le-kevin smith,and released cb mike richardson for rb chris taylor. http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4044
    Posted by mosseffect43

The Pats only have 5 openings on the roster, so this is a non issue. 32 people fightin' for 5 jobs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RantinRaven. Show RantinRaven's posts

We really need a bruiser like the Bus, Marion the Barbarian, or Corey Dillion to break through the line and soften up defenses.  I’d like to think Fred Taylor might be that guy, but RBs take so many nicks that I’ll be surprised if he can make it through the regular season without becoming another IR statistic.  And it came as no surprise that Morris is hurt when he was used as much as he was on Thursday.   Hopefully he'll make an impact.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Posted by mosseffect43
    should the pats give this kid another shot?

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=148291&id=4939

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

In Response to Re: Makeing Room For RB Chris Taylor? : They have a lot of depth in the secondary now....my how things have changed in the last year!
    Posted by Rocky

Rocky, doesn't it seem like every year we start with a lot of depth in the secondary and then they start dropping like flies. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Chris Taylor will be seen on the 53 man roster in November *IF* at least two or three running backs are injured.  He's not quite good enough to be on any NFL team's roster, but in case of an injury bug at least he'll half-know the Patriots' system, and he can sort of trot through a big hole and catch a screen pass.  He'll be one notch better than a JAG that knows nothing about the Patriots' system.  He's already on Nick Caesario's speed-dial list.

If a coach covers enough of these unlikely holes, eventually he wins a game somewhere.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

I personally would rather have one of our TE play fullback if there is a need, the Pats use A two TE set most times, so the need for a true fullback is not there, that why we can use another spot at TE and have somebody like Watson who is crazy athletic and we know can lay wood on people (dont worry i know blocking is different from that play but he could still take some people out) to play spot fullback in power running packages, or even a guy like Russ Hochstien for an added punch. I also like what Paul K said, it may be to orient a guy with the system in case of injury, it sounds like a BB move to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Smith wasnt going to be a factor on this team and the 5th rounder now goes to oakland instead of having to give up a 4th rounder....whatever happened to in BB we trust

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He is probably headed to the practice squad or he will work the scout squad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Smith wasnt going to be a factor on this team and the 5th rounder now goes to oakland instead of having to give up a 4th rounder....whatever happened to in BB we trust
    Posted by mojobag101

NE didnt get rid of Smith to make room for Chris Taylor.  All in one day 3 roster spots were opened (Smith, Richardson, and Kettani) and only 1 was filled. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

The one thing you guys dont understand is that this guy has potential. He has been hurt most of his career. All the Pats are doing is using him at Fullback. If he plays well thru out camp and preseason games. I bet he gets traded for a draft pick. See thats al the Pats do. Is pick players up. Groom them up a bit. Then use them as bait. He will not play for the Pats at all in the season so most of you need to calm down a bit.

Sections
Shortcuts