Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills

He Should sit till the playoffs. that shoulder is so sore he cannot lift his arm.
    Nothing to prove here. too much to risk our post season. let him get as healthy as possible before game our 1st game in the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills

ummm i think it is obvious that you are wrong

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

brady tried to call him but couldnt lift the phone to his ear because his shoulder is so injured

In Response to Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills:
    How do you know he can't lift his arm?  Did he call you up and tell you?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Being that we still need a win to clinch a #1 seed I expect to see Brady play until the game is totally out of reach.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

maybe so wizard, but i wouldnt play him. if we needed to go on the road and have a star qb id prefer that over no staar qb able to perform in the playoffs ie like the baltimore playoff loss.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

brady will have the week off if they win this game so yes he should play, if they werent going for the #1 seed i would agree on sitting him, but they really need that #1 seed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Another factor is, if he doesn't play, he'll go into the playoffs after being off for 3 weeks.  I don't really like the thought of that. Could be a little too long to stay sharp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills:
    He Should sit till the playoffs. that shoulder is so sore he cannot lift his arm. Nothing to prove here. too much to risk our post season. let him get as healthy as possible before game our 1st game in the playoffs.
    Posted by brdbreu

Where do you get this stuff?!!  A spy in the trainer's room?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

It's clear he'll play due to the teams position and the importance of this win but don't forget they gave a game away to these guys. If I remember correctly TB had a few picks, maybe a pick-6 so you can bet your life he'll be in and he'll lite them up early and often!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

With a win necessary to lock up home field advantage throughout the playoffs, this is a meaningful game. And that means Brady will play if he's able to play.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills:
    He Should sit till the playoffs. that shoulder is so sore he cannot lift his arm. Nothing to prove here. too much to risk our post season. let him get as healthy as possible before game our 1st game in the playoffs.
    Posted by brdbreu

Stop it. Of course he's going to play. He's been listed as "probable". How many times have we heard that Tom is on the injury report with a shoulder injury, and is "probable"?:  
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/30/brady-listed-as-probable-for-sunday/
         The Pats must have this game in order to obtain home field advantage throughout the play-offs. Would you rather have the Patriots facing the Baltimore Ravens in Foxboro, or in Baltimore?? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Of course he is playing, it is not even his throwing arm(shoulder that is sore). Maybe he needs to stop the one yd. touchdown runs though..........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills:
    In Response to Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills : You're not the coach, though, so drop it.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Why would an employed person listen to the unemployable?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

brady will have the week off if they win this game so yes he should play, if they werent going for the #1 seed i would agree on sitting him, but they really need that #1 seed
    Posted by redsoxfan94

they get the week off regardless if they win or lose this game.
    if we lose and balt and pitt wins we play championship game against one of them likely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

you guys aware his throwing motion is totally off with his left arm hanging by his shoulder. sure he could take a pain for pain. i take a brady healed as much as possible in 2 weeks over playing him this week and less time to heal , not to mention risk getting hit there or landing on it again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills":
    you guys aware his throwing motion is totally off with his left arm hanging by his shoulder. sure he could take a pain for pain. i take a brady healed as much as possible in 2 weeks over playing him this week and less time to heal , not to mention risk getting hit there or landing on it again. Posted by brdbreu
    I wouldn't necessarily say that his throwing motion is off. If he did infact injure it sometime during the MIA game he certainly showed no affects during the game, and he ended it with a bullet to Welker. I tend to think if it didn't effect him during the game he injured it than I see no reason it would effect him a week later. Even if you believe all the reports (and I don't) we are essentially talking about a "sore" non throwing shoulder. I would guess he's had worse injuries this season, and so has pretty much every player in the NFL. We are really talking one home game or two. AFC Championship could be away if they lose and since Balt and Pitt have been bad on the road I'd like to see them take this game. I can't tell the future any better than you, and somebody could always get injured or injured worse but we don't have any access to the true extent of any injury so I'll leave this up to the guys who do. I also don't like the idea of going into the playoffs coming off a loss with a QB who is rusty and hasn't played in 3 weeks. I think winning in the playoffs is more than just the amount of talented players on the field it also alot about momentum and rhythm and trying not to lose that after a bye week can be hard enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In response to "Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills": I wouldn't necessarily say that his throwing motion is off. If he did infact injure it sometime during the MIA game he certainly showed no affects during the game, and he ended it with a bullet to Welker. I tend to think if it didn't effect him during the game he injured it than I see no reason it would effect him a week later. Even if you believe all the reports (and I don't) we are essentially talking about a "sore" non throwing shoulder. I would guess he's had worse injuries this season, and so has pretty much every player in the NFL. We are really talking one home game or two. AFC Championship could be away if they lose and since Balt and Pitt have been bad on the road I'd like to see them take this game. I can't tell the future any better than you, and somebody could always get injured or injured worse but we don't have any access to the true extent of any injury so I'll leave this up to the guys who do. I also don't like the idea of going into the playoffs coming off a loss with a QB who is rusty and hasn't played in 3 weeks. I think winning in the playoffs is more than just the amount of talented players on the field it also alot about momentum and rhythm and trying not to lose that after a bye week can be hard enough.
    Posted by shenanigan

i like your points.
    i think for me it depends on the severity of the injury.
    as i just said on the other thread of the same subject it is believed it happened on the last series andadreniline helped him play through (if you played football you know what that is like). once it wears off, you are dealing directly with the pain of the injury.

it looks and acts like a minor separation even if it's inot.
    i just put out my call (if it were me) of course i know it isnt.
    as a fan, i want what everyone wants for us to win more titles and go down as wining the most sbowls in nfl history hopefully brady retires with the most of any qb. thats what should be with bb and brady if bb ever gets the defensive players we need.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He'll be fine, rub some ice on it and get back out there. 

Mankins, Welker and Light can get the game off, Brady needs to get some reps with Ocho, Hernandez and some red zone love for Gronk. Everyone on defense needs to start and play. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I'd agree if they didn't need this win but they do so Brady has to play!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

play him a quarter and see how he feels.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

He'd better play.

I haven't been to an AFC Championship game since January 2008.

Sections
Shortcuts