Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills

I think they could beat Buffalo with brdbreu (he's probably better than Tebow) at QB, so I'd be inclined to play him for a quarter or so, but we all know that's not how BB works. He'll play until the game is decided, or he can't go anymore.

I'm not sure why anybody thinks they can't beat stinking Buffalo with Hoyer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills:
    [QUOTE] I also don't like the idea of going into the playoffs coming off a loss with a QB who is rusty . . . 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Oh no, don't tell me they're finally replacing Brady with Rusty!  I wonder if he'll need the green dot, or whether the signals he picks up through that tinfoil Burger King crown will be enough . . . 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills:
    [QUOTE]He Should sit till the playoffs. that shoulder is so sore he cannot lift his arm. Nothing to prove here. too much to risk our post season. let him get as healthy as possible before game our 1st game in the playoffs.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]
    Are you implying EVERY player who has a "boo boo" shouldn't play, then?  This means just about the entire team is benched.  Players play with pain week in and week out and they still perform as Brady has shown many times in the past.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

everytime the Pats have rested their starters (doing it the Colts way) they have lost. The game wasn't meant to have players "rested" for the playoffs. That kind of thinking is an abomination to the football gods! Brady should play the whole game if he can. Whether there is anything at stake or not.

Look Brady can get hurt in the bathroom (a much more likely occurence statistically) on the morning of the game than in the game. So he should play!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills:
    [QUOTE]brady will have the week off if they win this game so yes he should play, if they werent going for the #1 seed i would agree on sitting him, but they really need that #1 seed
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

they really need to win a playoff game.  I'd take the healthy TB over home field in the AFC Championship game with an injured TB.  

Maybe it's not that bad, but these shoulder injuries can get a lot worse if aggravated.  But I'm sure TB wants to play.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills : i like your points. i think for me it depends on the severity of the injury. as i just said on the other thread of the same subject it is believed it happened on the last series andadreniline helped him play through (if you played football you know what that is like). once it wears off, you are dealing directly with the pain of the injury. it looks and acts like a minor separation even if it's inot. i just put out my call (if it were me) of course i know it isnt. as a fan, i want what everyone wants for us to win more titles and go down as wining the most sbowls in nfl history hopefully brady retires with the most of any qb. thats what should be with bb and brady if bb ever gets the defensive players we need. Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE] Yeah, you're right it's all about how bad the injury. I don't think they play him if they thought the rest would benefit him in the playoffs. It's a big game, but no bigger than most of the other games this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]you guys aware his throwing motion is totally off with his left arm hanging by his shoulder. sure he could take a pain for pain. i take a brady healed as much as possible in 2 weeks over playing him this week and less time to heal , not to mention risk getting hit there or landing on it again.

Where are you getting this from?? Cite??

There's no way that the Patriots will beat the Ravens in Baltimore...where the Buzzards are undefeated this year. The Pats must earn home field advantage throughout the play-offs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills :      Where are you getting this from?? Cite??      There's no way that the Patriots will beat the Ravens in Baltimore...where the Buzzards are undefeated this year. The Pats must  earn home field advantage throughout the play-offs.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

ive been thinking the same thing till e injury. were i t me, id rev up hoyer and or mallet and see how it goes for a half. if we needed brady for the 4th qtr to win, id consider it.
       bb likely plays everyone hurt or no till game is out of reach

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I think they could beat Buffalo with brdbreu (he's probably better than Tebow) at QB, so I'd be inclined to play him for a quarter or so, but we all know that's not how BB works. He'll play until the game is decided, or he can't go anymore. I'm not sure why anybody thinks they can't beat stinking Buffalo with Hoyer?
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

laughs,
    im with you on why not hoyer.
    agree theyll prob play him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

have a good day you guys. back on the board tonight (thas pacific time, ie late)

peace

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills : laughs, im with you on why not hoyer. agree theyll prob play him.

I get the sense that folks think they'd be conceding the game if they start Hoyer. They'll still win easy. It's Buffalo people. These are their last 8 games and the opposing QBs. What makes anyone think they can beat New England with Brian Hoyer, or for that matter Julian Edelman at QB? 

27-11 Loss - Sanchez

44-7 Loss - Romo

35-8 Loss - Moore

28-24 Loss - Sanchez

23-17 Loss - Hasselbeck

37-10 Loss - Rivers

30-23 Loss - Moore

40-14 WIN - God

I think the Pats should spot them 14 to be sporting. Don't care who's under center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I have no issue with him playing this game. I have an issue with him running the ball at all, ever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills : You're not the coach, though, so drop it.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

DROP IT ???
    Hey, another bigshot who thinks they should determine what gets talked about. Of course, since you were an avid fan when the Pat's were the laughingstock of the NFL & maybe even sat on the cold hard bleacher seats of the old stadium for so many years, your thoughts & opinions are more valuable than others to the point of ORDERING the OP to DROP IT & stop posting in a thread THEY STARTED.

AMAZING

The OP has a valid point worthy of some debate. NOBODY ON THIS BOARD IS A COACH, OUR OPINIONS DON'T MATTER TO ANYONE BUT OURSELVES.

If Brady takes a big sack and lands hard on that shoulder it could be game over for him. We could head into the playoffs with Hoyer behind center. Hopefully THAT won't happen, but IF it did, EVERYONE would be saying they should NEVER have played Brady w/the 2nd seed and a bye week wrapped up

However, we KNOW BB plays EVERY game to win. They are ALL valuable to him if for no other reason than full pads, full speed, full contact practice. He doesn't pull starters until the game is almost over regardless of the score and I'm sure Brady shares his philosophy.

The little video they showed of Brady in practice that I saw showed him nursing  a very limp left arm. He wasn't moving it at all when he threw the ball. If they have a patchwork O line like last week, it could get ugly. Obviously, since I am NOT a coach, I have no say in the matter, but ... I would see how it goes and pull him if the O line can't keep him relatively clean OR, if they can get up big in the first half, pull him at half time. Maybe they could dish out a heavy helping of Ridley, although they hand it off w/the non throwing arm

The last thing we want to see is Brady curled up on the field holding his shoulder & the medical staff is running on to the field. Is the game THAT important???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Makes No Sense To Risk Tom Hurting the Shoulder More against Bills : ... Is the game THAT important???

Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

I agree with your basic premise hang, i.e., that the game means little in the scheme of things. But again, they win this game with Hoyer, and it's not close. So take out whether the game is important. It's a W already. The only reason to play Brady is to increase the margin of victory or to get him some work, or because he has an outside chance at some record. They don't need him to win this game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I have no issue with him playing this game. I have an issue with him running the ball at all, ever.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

"I have an issue with him running the ball at all, ever."

at least some sanity reigns.

:)

happy new year everyone.

brd/bred

17. This post has been removed.