Mallet is a keeper...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Mallet is a keeper...

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I am not making a bet on what ifs.  All I am saying is how much it would make sense and how much Lombardi liked Mallett, now the GM in Cleveland.

There are too many people here who let the media dictate their opinions. RG3 for example is not worth more than Ryan Mallett. The media made it seem like that because of poorly run teams desperate last year after reaching for who came after Luck, that the QBs taken after Luck were as good of an investment. Nope. They weren't.

Yes, Lombardi trading back to #29 when the #5 is the same as #25 would end Lombadi's reign in Cleveland. lol. How does that make sense?  This would be the IDEAL time to trade back with the depth of this draft.

I know Mt Hurl has a penchant for only understading cupcakes, but Wheatfarmer is making this uncomfortable.

It's Lombardi's job to not be a moron and to read markets.  Pretending Weeden, a guy you don't like, wasting a year pretending you do, is why Cleveland has sucked for 20 years.

RG3 for example is not worth more than Ryan Mallett.     <<<<This is classic rusty! Now he will back pedal on this, he will distort it, blame reading comprehension and in a couple of months he will deny ever saying it. Instant  Classic.

What?

You think RG3 was worth 3 future drafts and Mallet entering 2013 without a blown out leg, far cheaper, etc, is worth less? LOL!!!

Mallett isn't a run first QB and isn't one play away from losing why he's perceived as good in the first place, Corky.    Mike Vick is done, too. Funny how you buy into that kind of QB and then mock me. lol

How is a prospect in 2012  that was a 1st rd pick somehow worth more than  1st rd prospect (without a blown out leg), worth less?  That 1 year somehow makes Mallett worth less? LOL!

The Skins got absolutely taken to the cleaners for what they gave up for a trendy run first QB in RG3.

Taken to the cleaners.  Leave it to you to think destroying the next 3 drafts with the cap not going up until 2015 was a good move, especially now where a running QB has a blown out leg.

LMAO

"Instant Classic" is right.  Mt Hurl = LOW IQ on display and in rare form.

Tears!

You don't watch football, do you? I get it now - you just google a few things, watch some highlights, play some video games, read a magazine...it explains things, it's now clear. Thanks.

Here I'll help you - RG3 can make every throw on the football field and does regularly. He is accurate and has no trouble going to his 2nd, 3rd or 4th options with accuracy. Not many people can do that, I'll take that over an Andrew Luck that eye balls Reggie Wayne or whoever his first option is as the corner steps in front of the throw. RG can deliver the ball in so many different ways it's sick...need heat on it? No problem. Touch? Yup. A nice trajectory that falls over the reciever's shoulder? Done.

The fact that this kid can run is a shame, it will end his career earlier than it needs to. His head coach should put an electric dog collar on him and zap him every time he steps over the line of scrimmage.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but did you try to go back in time and suggest that Mallett's trade value is better than an RG3 with a blown leg? Because when RG3 was traded for, he didn't have that blown out leg you mentioned...doesn't even pertain to the discussion or point you're trying to make. And let's get something straight as well - Mallett wasn't a lock to go in the first round just because your binky Lombardi said so...the guy went in the third...a rather huge difference. And since that time all he has done is proven that is where he should of been selected.

And what is your infatuation for Mike Vick? You like to toss that name around as much as you like to talk NY Jet football...you troll. Just a suggestion...stick to stocking the shelves with Tylenol...don't open the bottle and ingest them (its bad for your liver and brain apparently).

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Here are 8 teams that need a QB. If you ask me the Eagles should be # 9.

Jets are out

Buffalo is out

Some "say" Jacksonville asked about Mallett prior to the 2012 draft

Arizona is aware of Mallett

Cleveland is very aware of Mallett

Ponder stays in Minny

KC, most likely won't take another shot with a NE Backup

Oakland, doubt it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1522273-power-ranking-8-nfl-teams-in-need-of-a-new-starting-quarterback-in-2013

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Need a QB in the 2013 draft? Good Luck

Need a QB anywhere? Good luck again "the supply has never been this low"

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/02/21/13/Need-a-quarterback-this-offseason-Good-l/landing_azcardinals.html?blockID=867653&feedID=3702

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I am not making a bet on what ifs.  All I am saying is how much it would make sense and how much Lombardi liked Mallett, now the GM in Cleveland.

There are too many people here who let the media dictate their opinions. RG3 for example is not worth more than Ryan Mallett. The media made it seem like that because of poorly run teams desperate last year after reaching for who came after Luck, that the QBs taken after Luck were as good of an investment. Nope. They weren't.

Yes, Lombardi trading back to #29 when the #5 is the same as #25 would end Lombadi's reign in Cleveland. lol. How does that make sense?  This would be the IDEAL time to trade back with the depth of this draft.

I know Mt Hurl has a penchant for only understading cupcakes, but Wheatfarmer is making this uncomfortable.

It's Lombardi's job to not be a moron and to read markets.  Pretending Weeden, a guy you don't like, wasting a year pretending you do, is why Cleveland has sucked for 20 years.

RG3 for example is not worth more than Ryan Mallett.     <<<<This is classic rusty! Now he will back pedal on this, he will distort it, blame reading comprehension and in a couple of months he will deny ever saying it. Instant  Classic.

What?

You think RG3 was worth 3 future drafts and Mallet entering 2013 without a blown out leg, far cheaper, etc, is worth less? LOL!!!

Mallett isn't a run first QB and isn't one play away from losing why he's perceived as good in the first place, Corky.    Mike Vick is done, too. Funny how you buy into that kind of QB and then mock me. lol

How is a prospect in 2012  that was a 1st rd pick somehow worth more than  1st rd prospect (without a blown out leg), worth less?  That 1 year somehow makes Mallett worth less? LOL!

The Skins got absolutely taken to the cleaners for what they gave up for a trendy run first QB in RG3.

Taken to the cleaners.  Leave it to you to think destroying the next 3 drafts with the cap not going up until 2015 was a good move, especially now where a running QB has a blown out leg.

LMAO

Tears!

You don't watch football, do you? I get it now - you just google a few things, watch some highlights, play some video games, read a magazine...it explains things, it's now clear. Thanks.

Here I'll help you - RG3 can make every throw on the football field and does regularly. He is accurate and has no trouble going to his 2nd, 3rd or 4th options with accuracy. Not many people can do that, I'll take that over an Andrew Luck that eye balls Reggie Wayne or whoever his first option is as the corner steps in front of the throw. RG can deliver the ball in so many different ways it's sick...need heat on it? No problem. Touch? Yup. A nice trajectory that falls over the reciever's shoulder? Done.

The fact that this kid can run is a shame, it will end his career earlier than it needs to. His head coach should put an electric dog collar on him and zap him every time he steps over the line of scrimmage.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but did you try to go back in time and suggest that Mallett's trade value is better than an RG3 with a blown leg? Because when RG3 was traded for, he didn't have that blown out leg you mentioned...doesn't even pertain to the discussion or point you're trying to make. And let's get something straight as well - Mallett wasn't a lock to go in the first round just because your binky Lombardi said so...the guy went in the third...a rather huge difference. And since that time all he has done is proven that is where he should of been selected.

And what is your infatuation for Mike Vick? You like to toss that name around as much as you like to talk NY Jet football...you troll. Just a suggestion...stick to stocking the shelves with Tylenol...don't open the bottle and ingest them (its bad for your liver and brain apparently).

Run based QBs take on much more risk than guys who aren't in gimmick, run based offenses.

Is this that difficult?  Vick = DONE. RG3 won't make it.   Just because the media likes the trendy crap and you fall for it, doesn't mean it's a reality. lol

Vick is the guy that moron fans bought into for run based QBs. That's what RG3 is!  Get it?

Brilliant analysis Bozo the clown! Uhm, can you read? I think I made it pretty damn clear that I was NOT applauding RG3's running ability, but his passing ability. Let me guess, you've never seen him play? Right? Just another day of throwing opinions out there without seeing a guy actually play, correct?

Learn the game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

RG3 for example is not worth more than Ryan Mallett.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Here are 8 teams that need a QB. If you ask me the Eagles should be # 9.

Jets are out

Buffalo is out

Some "say" Jacksonville asked about Mallett prior to the 2012 draft

Arizona is aware of Mallett

Cleveland is very aware of Mallett

Ponder stays in Minny

KC, most likely won't take another shot with a NE Backup

Oakland, doubt it.

Why is Buffalo out? We traded them a QB one time. 

I don't think Philly would be interested. Foles is a decent Mallett-type QB already and they have their QB depth chart filled. Plus I don't think he fits the Kelly style approach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Buffalo is out as Mallett is young and may come back to hurt you.

Bledsoe was washed up and BB knew it. BB wasn't worried about him as he knew Drew was more interested in his Montana Cabin than he was in playing football.

Even though Buffalo gave up the first in the following years draft it was a really stupid trade. Bledsoe was done here and everyone in the league knew it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Yeah, I wouldn't be worried about what Mallett might do in Buffalo. You trade him to the team that is willing to give up the most in return regardless. If Buffalo is offering a first and everybody else is offering a second (or less), he's a Bill.  If it's close, then I might consider taking a little less. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Need a QB in the 2013 draft? Good Luck

Need a QB anywhere? Good luck again "the supply has never been this low"

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/02/21/13/Need-a-quarterback-this-offseason-Good-l/landing_azcardinals.html?blockID=867653&feedID=3702

Supply and demand. These are concepts that people like Mt Hurl doesn't get/can't comprehend.

I gotta chuckle, the only reason I chimed in on this was because I saw his childish, black and white retort of it being set in stone that BB would never trade Mallett.

I would not in a million years take any report on the Pats to be accurate. Ever.

Wrong. Another lie. Never said they would not trade him or never trade him, I said he won't be traded to Cleveland for their 6th overral pick in exchange for our first. That's it - boy you are quite the trouble maker here, aren't you? The thing that really cracks me up is watching you destroy this place and then turn around and point the finger at everyone else. Classic.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What?

LMAO

Tears!

Run based QBs take on much more risk than guys who aren't in gimmick, run based offenses.

Is this that difficult?  Vick = DONE. RG3 won't make it.   Just because the media likes the trendy crap and you fall for it, doesn't mean it's a reality. lol

Vick is the guy that moron fans bought into for run based QBs. That's what RG3 is!  Get it?

Brilliant analysis Bozo the clown! Uhm, can you read? I think I made it pretty damn clear that I was NOT applauding RG3's running ability, but his passing ability. Let me guess, you've never seen him play? Right? Just another day of throwing opinions out there without seeing a guy actually play, correct?

Learn the game.

Umm, his running ablity sets up the passing, BOZO.  Get it?   You'll see. You were the same rube who thought Vick would make it, too. LOL

Run based QBs will struggle, be overrated or flat out will not make it in this league. Even if RGIII is a better passer than someone like Tebow, their entire game is centered their ability to run and be great athletes. Not good enough.

Signed,

Mike Vick

Why yes! The fact that the kid can run a 4.3 certainly doesn't hurt his dynamic, but tell me the truth, have you seen him throw the ball? He is very smart. This season alone the kid completed almost 66% of his passes for an 8 yard average! He threw 20 td's to 5 interceptions...he had a 102 QB rating. His rushing stats were unbelievable too...800 yards, 8 touchdowns. 

So what you said yesterday was that Mallett has/had more trade value than RG3, and that is the part that makes me wonder if you actually watch football.

I said it yesterday, I'll say it again today...RG3 does not need to run the football - in fact he shouldn't be because you run the risk of losing a prolific passer. This guy can pass the football, he looks over the entire field, he throws to his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options. He is accurate. He can throw the ball through a wall. He is a franchise player. Mike Shanahan had better not have this kid running in anything but a playoff game, because if he does he will further destroy the career of a guy that can play 10-15 years throwing the ball.

And will you please please stop saying I love Mike Vick, I have over 6k posts and I've never said one thing positive about the guy. He stinks, he's terrible, he killed dogs, and he will ruin a franchise.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I can guarantee two things about preseason:

First, some rookie, and not the first rounder who needs to start in September, will fall down and break his rookie.  Last August that was Jeff Demps.  It slipped out that he was perfectly all right despite his rolling on the ground for a minute.  They took him to the locker room anyway.  As a rule if the player doesn't complain, the NFL won't examine season-ending injuries.  Demps will be in mini-camp and not limping one bit.

Second, BB will order his players to take dives in preseason games.  When playoff time rolls around, preseason points count for less than nothing.  It's better to go 0-4 in preseason than 4-0, because if the other teams see you as nearly invulnerable they prepare harder for you. So, the trick in preseason is to go, fight, lose, and yet look like you wanted to win.

I saw some really disgusting preseason play all over the NFL last preseason, including a double running-into-the-punter drive.  Three and out, run into the punter on fourth down, three and out, run into the punter yet again on fourth down, and the "drive" keeps going.  Coaches all scowl because the camera is watching, but at least some of these bad plays are direct orders from their lips. 

I'm hesitant to pin any dreadful preseason interceptions on Mallet (or on Brady!) and not on Coach Belichick.  Why wouldn't BB want to advertise Mallet as no good and easy to pick off, should he ever need to come into a game cold someday?  The opponent plays Mallet all wrong and then he dices the secondary apart, winning the game.  It says here that next August, neither one of them looks any better than "uneven". 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

What about Mankins, Mallett and our

2nd  to Clevland for their first round pick

and 3rd round pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to looneyman's comment:

What about Mankins, Mallett and our

2nd  to Clevland for their first round pick

and 3rd round pick.

no way dude

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not saying the trade for Marshall was a good one for the dolphins (although at least you can say Marshall has a skill set that only may e two receivers in the NFL have), but I don't think we are in a position to throw stones when it comes to recent trades. Last year alone we got fleeced in the second round - it didn't match up well with the draft chart - it was panick move and another team did better picks later. We gave a 5th and a 6th for Ocho Cinco - this was a week after Marv Lewis said he didn't think Belichick was stupid enough to actually trade for Ocho...he actually said, "Belichick is smarter than that" when ask about Belichick being interested in Ocho. Then of course we gave a fifth rounder for Haynesworth...yikes!! And paid him a couple million too. And we just gave a fourth for a suspended cornerback that missed more games than he played for us and quite possibly will walk in a few weeks.

Not saying every trade we made went bad, or that every trade goes good, it's just that...why pick on Parcells's or another organization when we haven't been too great recently in that department?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not saying the trade for Marshall was a good one for the dolphins (although at least you can say Marshall has a skill set that only may e two receivers in the NFL have), but I don't think we are in a position to throw stones when it comes to recent trades. Last year alone we got fleeced in the second round - it didn't match up well with the draft chart - it was panick move and another team did better picks later. We gave a 5th and a 6th for Ocho Cinco - this was a week after Marv Lewis said he didn't think Belichick was stupid enough to actually trade for Ocho...he actually said, "Belichick is smarter than that" when ask about Belichick being interested in Ocho. Then of course we gave a fifth rounder for Haynesworth...yikes!! And paid him a couple million too. And we just gave a fourth for a suspended cornerback that missed more games than he played for us and quite possibly will walk in a few weeks.

Not saying every trade we made went bad, or that every trade goes good, it's just that...why pick on Parcells's or another organization when we haven't been too great recently in that department?

Did you just say that Marvin Lewis is a good judge of talent? bawahahah

We got fleeced in the 2nd rd? 2nd rd of what? By whom? What?  BB dealt Moss for what, a 4th? Maroney? A 2nd? LOL!

You're complaining about this?  Do you even realize how dumb you sound with whining about BB  lobbing a 5th rd pick for Haynesworth or a 5th and 6th for Ocho, when he hits on so many late rders already? Who cares? How many players do you expect him to field every year out of a draft anyway?

He can't win with you.

With Marshall, that money, his bipolar behavior on display, etc, that made 2 1sts and that salary into an unknown CBA and cap structure, absolutely moronic!

Meanwhile, he has like 2 picks per round in the 2010 and 2011 drafts into a lockout, and finds guys like Carter, Waters and Anderson for peanuts? But, you're focus is on a 5th rd pick when the guy had DOUBLE the amount of picks in the first 3 rounds than every other franchise?

My god, are you whacked or what? Your brainwashed Tony Mazz infused disdain for BB blinds you of the big picture.

Ocho and Haynesworth were to be had as total gambles BECAUSE of his other great management.  Dillon, Moss or even a Bryan Cox worked, while those two did not. But, who has that kind of leverage? Answer? NO ONE!  You dope!

"Yikes"?  A 5th rder with BB having 6 picks in the top 100 of the 2010 draft and 5 in the 2011 draft is "yikes"?

Holy mackerel is your IQ low. My oh my. 

I'm sorry, I keep forgetting who I'm dealing with..a man with a 152 IQ, mental problems and reading comprehension deficits..also severe memory problems to go with chronic lying:)

Refresh my memory, but how does Marv Lewis saying at the owners meeting two years ago that Bill Belichick is smart enough NOT to trade for Ocho Cinco make me think he is a good talent evaluater? Well I guess maybe the fact that Lewis made zero attempt to resign Fenene and thought he wasn't going to make it in NE during last year's owner's meetings could show that a little, but I wouldn't say that. Well I guess seeing how he was the only guy in the entire NFL to offer your boy toy (BJGE) a contract would lead maybe YOU to believe he is a great talent evaluater...but not me:) Sorry.

The fleecing of our second round pick is what I'm discussing, when we traded to move into position for "Super Reach"....we didn't get trade value chart value and another team was able to get much more value a few picks later. It was talked about for weeks after the draft...you probably missed it:( And let me guess, the draft value chart means nothing, is stupid, no one follows it, it doesn't exist (unless we get the better of the deal) and is out dated?

Hey, run a spell checky over this for me.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The thing rusty is this, you don't even argue very well anymore, there's holes in it...lots. So all you are left to do is lie and distort - it's kind of sad really. Just look at the three posts above and read them. I very nicely wondered why you would attack and try to bash a trade by another organization, when we have had some rough sailing ourselves over the last 3-5 years in that department. I presented facts and all you can do is call me a jet fan and now a Bengal's fan:) That's all you got...that's all you can do nowadays:(  I imagine it stems from post after post of embarrassment.

The Marv Lewis thing is really laughable! All I did was state what exactly was said by him (twice) regarding two players we acquired from that team that didn't work out. Honestly I'm surprised if the negotiations for Ocho didn't end like this...hey Bill I'm sorry I called you stupid for wanting to acquire Ocho. Thanks for the fifth rounder, I'm sure he'll work out great for you guys.

Honestly, I think it went like that.

And I'm sure when they see eachother at the owners meeting this year Marv will approach Bill at the bar and offer to by him a scotch - they both will then laugh their brains out over what a headcase Fenene is. Marv will say, "I told you, I told you!" and then Bill will say, "shut up, I told you Benny can only run three yards before tripping over his feet". And Marv will say...you're right!

23. This post has been removed.