Mallet Rumors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Mallet Rumors

rumors are just that...rumors. I was fully aware of the rumors. Who will the Patriots use as a backup QB, edelwoman?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Not a rumor, but how about the Jests?   #39 in the 2nd round?  I heard they are weak at QB.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

rumors are just that...rumors. I was fully aware of the rumors. Who will the Patriots use as a backup QB, edelwoman?

• But if they let Rohan Davey walk who will back up Brady... oh wait they drafted Cassel in the 7th
    • But if they trade Cassel who will back up Brady... oh wait they signed Hoyer as a UDFA
    • But if they let Hoyer walk who will back up Brady.... oh wait they drafted Mallett in the 3rd

It's a back up QB spot, they will find someone

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

• But if they let Rohan Davey walk who will back up Brady... oh wait they drafted Cassel in the 7th
    • But if they trade Cassel who will back up Brady... oh wait they signed Hoyer as a UDFA
    • But if they let Hoyer walk who will back up Brady.... oh wait they drafted Mallett in the 3rd

I still say that it makes a lot of sense in this draft to take a QB at #29, if either Barkley or Nassib are available. The Pats must beginning grooming a legitimate replacement for Brady...NOW. Otherwise, they'll find themselves picking in the top 12-15 picks, or worse, when Tom retires, or is forced out due to injury or ineffectiveness, in a couple of years.

Remember the lesson of the Larry Bird Celtics...when the Celts hung on to the Big Three, Bird, Parrish, and McHale, for too long. It was over twenty years of misery...after they all left together.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I still say that it makes a lot of sense in this draft to take a QB at #29, if either Barkley or Nassib are available. The Pats must beginning grooming a legitimate replacement for Brady...NOW. Otherwise, they'll find themselves picking in the top 12-15 picks, or worse, when Tom retires, or is forced out due to injury or ineffectiveness, in a couple of years.

Remember the lesson of the Larry Bird Celtics...when the Celts hung on to the Big Three, Bird, Parrish, and McHale, for too long. It was over twenty years of misery...after they all left together.

I like Tuel in the 7th but no chance Nassib or Barkley are worth a 1st unless you are a desperate team. Next years draft is weak on the DL and much strong for QBs. Maybe 5-6 with possible 1st round grades. Next year would be a great year to groom a QB if that's your plan. It gives the QB 2-3yrs under Brady and since they have that 5th year option they would have 2-3 low cost years of the 1st round QB to work with.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I can still dream mallet for phil Taylor straight up.  

Sections
Shortcuts