Mallet should SHUT UP!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Mallet should SHUT UP!

I dunno Rusty, seems to me that a rookie with some non-football issues already on the table should not be drawing attention to those issues by getting acquainted with Golf's poster boy for such issues.  As a rook in his situation he should be keeping a low profile until camp begins, whenever that might be. 

Think about it, he's proven nothing in the NFL, he's got problems and he now he takes an action that makes him stand out like a sore thumb.  Might not bode well for the future.  After all, everybody is some kind of personality and often being a college sports hero makes the bad facets of personality come to the fore and stay there.  I hope not but this is not a good move on his part. I hope it dies away after today and we hear no more until he's on the field.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Mallet should SHUT UP!:
    [QUOTE]I dunno Rusty, seems to me that a rookie with some non-football issues already on the table should not be drawing attention to those issues by getting acquainted with Golf's poster boy for such issues.  As a rook in his situation he should be keeping a low profile until camp begins, whenever that might be.    Think about it, he's proven nothing in the NFL, he's got problems and he now he takes an action that makes him stand out like a sore thumb.  Might not bode well for the future.  After all, everybody is some kind of personality and often being a college sports hero makes the bad facets of personality come to the fore and stay there.  I hope not but this is not a good move on his part. I hope it dies away after today and we hear no more until he's on the field.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I started a thread on this a few days ago too. I'm glad he wants to prove people wrong, that he wants to correct the mistakes he made as a young man, and compete with Tom Brady. That's all fine. The only issue I had was him keeping his name out there in the media. The reason why New Engladn was perhaps the best fit for him was because a) he'd get the best coaching available b) he'd be learning under perhaps the best QB of all time and c) he'd be sheltered from the media just because of how NE typically handles the media. Yet, he and his father are still talking. Why? That's the only thing I don't get or appreciate. Just shut up, show up to work when you can, and earn your opportunity here or elsewhere someday.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

What a joke, man you people are like sheep...the Media machine just feeds you anything & twists it so he's now a troubled youth with MAJOR character issues on a downhill spiral to self distruction....what really has he done that is so bad that if FACTUAL & 100% nondeniable or rumored??? at 20 he got arrested for public intoxication (no violence or issues) just underage drinking...WOW, there's a shocker for you, call out the national guard & put him in rehab!!!
    The kid never even knew Daly & went golfing with him durring an NFL lockout where players have some free time...STOP THE PRESS, we got a major story here!!!!!!  
    Also, the Miami comment was made by his dad who said it to the media....I loved the attitude & chip on his shoulder, reminds me of another QB we drafted...speaking of which, if you actually read the article where he compaired himself to Brady he was talking about his style of play as a QB, a pocket passer with limited mobility(making a joke about himself) & giving insight to his strenghts of being able to read defenses & doing lots of film study & having a huge love of the game....did you know Malletts teammates loved him enough to make him TEAM CAPTAIN the 2 years he started for them....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Rusty makes a pretty good point, and you also want to bear in mind that this is a kid who plummeted in the draft because of "character concerns" (forget for the moment that the kid who got picked first is a known thief whose family seems to think that extortion is perfectly okay). It is in the best interests of a great many people that Mallet maintain his "troubled" image, lest they look foolish for passing on him. This is where the malleable media comes in. Look, Mallet's personality is what it is, and he's going to rub a lot of yankees the wrong way no matter what he does, but he's now making the transition from being the BMOC to a marginal draft pick that is going to be way down the pecking order on his new team.

He'll learn . . .   or he won't . . .  but I wouldn't judge him too harshly just yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Maybe there needs to be a wait and see approach towards Mallett. Isn't there a rule in Foxboro that rookies can't talk to the media? Would be nice if Brady helps in setting some boundaries for him, and makes him carry his pads.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Overblown horsepucky

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

I don't know....

Tall QB />6.05.....yep
    pocket passer.....yep
    slowest QB ever......yep
    pocket presence......yep
    makes all the throws.....yep

Sounds like he has some similarities to Brady

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]Knee jerk reaction.   Brady came in and told Kraft he was the best move he ever made.   How is confidence with Brady any different than with this kid? It isn't. We just never heard that from Brady until YEARS later. Don't take the media bait, fellas.  Lots of that going around these days.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I agree. We Pats fans have to stop jumping on his back the way the media does and give the kid a chance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

DO not underestimate the hotshot drunken slob athlete.

Babe Ruth was one of those....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

My suggestion to all is to resist the temptation to be a drama queen until this kid actually does something bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

He'll hear it from the guys in training camp - let locker room justice play out on its own.  but it is rather unlikable

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Okay, I'll be quiet about it but will he?  We will see what we will see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]DO not underestimate the hotshot drunken slob athlete. Babe Ruth was one of those....
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

It works for big ben. Sort of.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mallet should SHUT UP! : It works for big ben. Sort of.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

It's another discussion for another time, but the evidence is mounting that Roethlisberger is more "along for the ride" than actually driving the train (so to speak).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I didn't see the comparison to Brady being over the top. A bit confident, but you want that in a QB. Of course what we hear and read is all carefully edited by the mental midgets in the media to show their own slant. With no official offseason they are digging for whatever dirt they can find. I'm sure once they end the lockout Mallett will have no choice but to zip it and get to work. I'm sure Brady will let him know how he's expected to act. He could be good insurance and possibly a decent pick or trade down the line. If he is a "problem child" I don't doubt BB will get rid of him. The kid's excited, he may have slipped in the draft, but he's on a contending team (rather than landing somewhere like Cincinatti or Oakland), and has the chance to study under a future HOF QB with Brady. Pretty good scenario for a kid coming out of college. Even if he doesn't get to play teams will surely pay him as an ex-Patriot. Look at all the other big deals some of those guys got. Hopefully he's too soon to be Tom's replacement. But in any case I'll wait and see how he behaves when he gets to Foxboro. He's got the stuff from the shoulders down. Let's see if he can keep his head in the right place!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know.... Tall QB />6.05.....yep pocket passer.....yep slowest QB ever......yep pocket presence......yep makes all the throws.....yep Sounds like he has some similarities to Brady
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

sure, but in comparisons that's where it ends. but does have a stronger arm. he has thrown a ball 87 yards

still his comments are pretty innocent and I can't beleieve some would pick him apart about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

At some point someone will say Shut the heck up rookie.....and he will shut up. Mallet knows this is great opportunity for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We obviously are desperate for things to talk about now that the draft is over, this isn't some soap opera, don't over analyze everything a 3rd string QB has to say...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Kid's got some growing up to do and the Pats locker room will help in that regard.  With all due respect to all posters, let's cut the guy some slack.  He won't be a Patriot long if he doesn't learn to shut his mouth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Jesus, first it was Watson, then Maroney, then Meriweather, now that Brandon's contract is coming to an end it's Mallet? 

Shut the front up! 

If you pay attention, you'd notice that Mallet isn't that different to Tom at all. He never said he was the greatest QB since Brady. He compared being passed up in the draft like Tom (GO WATCH BRADY 6), he's slow like Tom, and he's a pocket passer like Tom. 

He also said during an interview with Gruden that he admired Brady. The way Tom commands a huddle is something he wants to do. And this guy is the future, that is to say, unless you think that a 37 year old Brady is going to be Belichick's QB down the road. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Mallett's biggest problem is that he isn't a great interview and he isn't very articulate. As a result, he creates a bad first impression which the media has been stuck to.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Plus he's a doucheb, but he's our doucheb. Waiting for Mallet to be consistently cool might be like waiting for Merriweather to learn and grow up after college head stomping.

Sections
Shortcuts