Mallet time vrs. Steelers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Mallet time vrs. Steelers?

Can the Pats give TB the week off against the Steelers and win this game with Ryan Mallet? After seeing Brady's right hand last week, I was amazed he was able to grip the football let alone throw a pass with any velocity.

I don't know if Brady's hand can be injured any worse by continuing to play but don't want to take any chances. If the Pats get by the Steelers, the bye week is next which would give TB three weeks between Miami and Caolina.

After seeing Mallet at Arkansas and preseason games with the Pats, he appears to still have accuracy problems. He can hit receivers between the numbers or sail a pass 5 yards over their head. If the Pats can get RM to be a game manager this week and not have to throw the ball 40 times, they should be able to get by the Steelers.

I've seen that Brady has had full participation in practices this week but could that be BB throwing everyone a curve ball (laying in the weeds maybe)?

The Pats need TB as close to 100% as possible by the end of the season. Wondering if the coach is having any of these thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Mallet time vrs. Steelers?

Although a lot of people will blow off your question, it's not as silly as some people to try to make it sound.  I'm going to vomit in my mouth for saying this, but Polian has some interesting stuff to say on Sirius NFL Radio.  He recently touched on something that relates to your question.  He said that Dan Reeves taught him that 80% of an injured player is never better than 100% of his replacement.  I don't know if I accept that unconditionally, but it's surely a valid point.  Players seem to be able to play through some injuries when they happen in the same game (e.g. Amendola, Vereen), but usually don't play too great if they try to play through an injury afterwards.  IF Brady's hand was responsible for his subpar play, your question becomes valid.  Why risk making it worse when a healthy mallet might play as well (or close to it) as a Brady with an injury to his throwing hand.

I can think of 2-3 games in the past where Brady was injured, played through it, and was average at best.  Only the team knows the true extent to his hand injury.  It's a fair question to ask, but BB will never sit Brady.  It would take a severe injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I admit to wondering out loud if Mallet would come into last game. Brady clearly seemed to be affected by his hand. 2 weeks rest might cure the ailment....unless its something worse, which judging by his full practice participation I would assume it is not.

I actually think Brady and the offense discover themselves against this tough passing defense.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Patsfansince1966's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think you're all a bunch of idiots.

[/QUOTE]

But yet you are still here.....get a life tool...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A tool is a person that thinks they are a football expert when they are not.

[/QUOTE]

And one who comes here and complains that we are all idiots, but continues to come here spouting off a bunch of useless crap is what we call a d!ckhead. Now run along you waste of space....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I would start Brady. Let's say the Patriots are leading 21-0 by the end of the half and the defense is playing stout.  Give Brady rest? Sure, why not.

However, let's say Brady's performance/mechanics is being affected by a hand injury - sure, why not replace him with a healthy QB.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would start Brady. Let's say the Patriots are leading 21-0 by the end of the half and the defense is playing stout.  Give Brady rest? Sure, why not.

However, let's say Brady's performance/mechanics is being affected by a hand injury - sure, why not replace him with a healthy QB.

[/QUOTE]

Or ....   You can start Mallett and see how he does with the 1st Offense.  If he keeps the team in the game and plays mistake free,  leave him in there.  If the game gets to be close in the 4th qtr. bring in Brady .  Let Brady be the hero instead of the broken down starter continuing to take hits. 

Now with the loss of Vollmer, this should be an option to consider.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If this did happen, although extremely, most likely and highly doubtful, Rusty will praise Mallett no matter how awful he plays as being an improvement over Brady!!!  Seems to be his mantra!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Or ....   You can start Mallett and see how he does with the 1st Offense.  If he keeps the team in the game and plays mistake free,  leave him in there.  If the game gets to be close in the 4th qtr. bring in Brady .  Let Brady be the hero instead of the broken down starter continuing to take hits. 

Now with the loss of Vollmer, this should be an option to consider.

[/QUOTE]

You see replacement QB's come in sometimes and do really well but in reality the first game or two they are getting acclimated. It would be a lot to ask for Mallett to manage a game right now unless the Patriots were some amazing running team that mostly won with defense. Interesting thing to ponder but I think we all know we won't be seeing Mallett unles TB cannot play at all or the Pats are up > 28 in the 4th Qtr.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Blasphemy!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A tool is a person that thinks they are a football expert when they are not.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, whats up? If we were experts we would be doing something else. People here are trying to have conversations and then we get "you are all idiots" stuff. Really man chill.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to raptor64d's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dude, whats up? If we were experts we would be doing something else. People here are trying to have conversations and then we get "you are all idiots" stuff. Really man chill.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps one would "chill" if YOU DIDN"T ACT like an ex spurt.

[/QUOTE]

I see nurse ratchet still hasn't located you to administer your meds.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I contend that there is no way in h*ll that TB would accept this without being bound and gagged first!  At his age, he knows too well what can happen when a young replacement comes in and has some success.  He experienced it first hand.  Nope...not gonna happen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see nurse ratchet still hasn't located you to administer your meds.

[/QUOTE]

I have a compound in the pipeline that has shown potential toward autism spectrum of disorders.  Bet you can't wait until it hits the market.

[/QUOTE]

No but my wife would be very interested. She is a Speech Patholigist who specializes in children who fall on the spectrum. She has her own practice where she specializes in social intergration.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts