MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series

Hoyers spot on the 53 may be in jeopardy, with so much talent fighting for a spot...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series

Mallet had some lasers out there but hasn't yet got a touch, i.e; twice he had Stallworth but couldn't drop the ball in. Hoyer didn't look sharp but I think he just had a bad game. Except for one play, neither looked good on short routes, flare outs and screens though.  Foles had an excellent game he looked really good in all aspects taking pressue, looking at all recievers and making thebright throws. Our pass rush really hurt our secondary. I think I saw Foles actually check his Facebook page on one passing play before hitting a recieve.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Cut Hoyer, at best he's a game manager comparable to Mark Sanchez... won't lose the game for you but won't win it either. Mallett improved after getting over starting jitters and started to look more comfortable as the game went on. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm trying to think of who Mallett reminds me of, right now he looks a little bit like Bledsoe, testervede and maybe Byron Leftwitch. Tall guy, with a strong arm, that seems like he will have a bit of trouble with his decisions, but the arm will bail him out of some of it. I'd say athletically he's better than Bledsoe and Leftwich, but not in Testervedes class. It will be interesting to see if this guy will be the future here - I doubt he will. Guy is lucky as hell to have that arm and size...at the least he should be able to stick around for twelve years making a couple of million a season as a back up. You know how these things work - he'll get his five game shot and probably convince someone to pay him, but few are the real deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Gotta brag again, I called the Mallett pick in the draft and I've been tellin' ya he's # 2 and Hoyer gets moved for an O Linemen.

I know, I know, how much longer is this no more gonna milk the darn Mallett thing...LOL

Anyway, remember this one thing and this one thing only and you will have learned something today.

Mallett, under pressure, ready to be smacked hard, NEVER TOOK HIS EYES OFF DOWNFIELD AND NEVER ONCE FLINCHED.

You can not teach that type of courage in the pocket.

Oh Ya...Solder still suxs!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Isn't it sweet that both of our backups who haven't been that great this preseason, are still playing better then the jets 2 "starters"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series:
    [QUOTE]Gotta brag again, I called the Mallett pick in the draft and I've been tellin' ya he's # 2 and Hoyer gets moved for an O Linemen. I know, I know, how much longer is this no more gonna milk the darn Mallett thing...LOL Anyway, remember this one thing and this one thing only and you will have learned something today. Mallett, under pressure, ready to be smacked hard, NEVER TOOK HIS EYES OFF DOWNFIELD AND NEVER ONCE FLINCHED. You can not teach that type of courage in the pocket. Oh Ya...Solder still suxs!
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

agree oon your mallet point.
    his brain has a long way to go before he can be good.
    right now , mthurls assessment looks about right.
    can the game slow down for him, can he lern to make better decisions. we'll see

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think some are totally missing the point with Mallett. We knew he was not ready for prime time, hence 3rd round.

Even with that Miami was going to take him 8th overall untill the BS story regarding drinking and wacky weed surfaced.

If Mallett was ready for prime time he would have been a top 5 min. If he had been taken early yes he would have struggled and perhaps had a short career.

He's in a great spot for himself and a great spot for the Patriots. He'll be brought along like the ole days, seasoned first.

Now how do you think any young kid would react to having a High School O line in front of him. He did OK under the circumstances.

He even had one play where he moved right and angled his body to avoid taking a sack and delivered a nice throw...think he's seen that move a time or two?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series:
    [QUOTE]I think some are totally missing the point with Mallett. We knew he was not ready for prime time, hence 3rd round. Even with that Miami was going to take him 8th overall untill the BS story regarding drinking and wacky weed surfaced. If Mallett was ready for prime time he would have been a top 5 min. If he had been taken early yes he would have struggled and perhaps had a short career. He's in a great spot for himself and a great spot for the Patriots. He'll be brought along like the ole days, seasoned first. Now how do you think any young kid would react to having a High School O line in front of him. He did OK under the circumstances. He even had one play where he moved right and angled his body to avoid taking a sack and delivered a nice throw...think he's seen that move a time or two?
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

:)

maybe hes paying ttetnion after all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

News flash...the Eagles played thier 1st teamers for 3 quarters....the Patriots sat 13 starters...to include all of thier better recievers...the only cause for concern I see is our offensive line...Given all that Mallet showed himself well given who he lined up against...Hoyer looked awful. No two ways about it, part of that was that he had little time to throw the ball and like Mallet wasn't exactly surrounded by our best skill players. Niether of whom will be counted on to carry the load...of the two I'd like to see Mallet line up with the first teamers the kid can flat out throw the football and has pretty good pocket awareness...I saw three or four times in the last game where he stepped up in the pocket to avoid the outside rush and hit a couple of recievers in the chest with lasers...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]News flash...the Eagles played thier 1st teamers for 3 quarters....the Patriots sat 13 starters...to include all of thier better recievers...the only cause for concern I see is our offensive line...Given all that Mallet showed himself well given who he lined up against...Hoyer looked awful. No two ways about it, part of that was that he had little time to throw the ball and like Mallet wasn't exactly surrounded by our best skill players. Niether of whom will be counted on to carry the load...of the two I'd like to see Mallet line up with the first teamers the kid can flat out throw the football and has pretty good pocket awareness...I saw three or four times in the last game where he stepped up in the pocket to avoid the outside rush and hit a couple of recievers in the chest with lasers...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree that it made a big difference. Another thing is that the Philly backup looked decent but he was playing with all of their starters against mostly all Patriot backups, even 3rd stringers. Mallet hasn't really played since college so of course he's going to be a bit rusty when he first gets out there. He can play though, I watched many of his games in the tough SEC and he looked like an NFL QB back then. Like you said, give him Gronk and the rest of the starters and he will look a whole lot better. Even though he caught a break with a couple of Eagle penalties it was impressive that he drove that offense on an 80 yard touchdown drive against the Eagle starters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I'm trying to think of who Mallett reminds me of, right now he looks a little bit like Bledsoe
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

He looks Bledsoesque to me as well. Big gun, no brain.