Mallet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Mallet

Give the guy a few snaps in a row and he looks a lot better.  Serviceable.  Hopefully the Tebow experiment will be over soon and mallet can play a full half or for 3 qtrs.  IMO once he got in a rhythm with a few snaps he looked pretty good.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Mallet

Phil I agree, I think he is at the least a seviceable back-up and with more time and reps could be a starter in this league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mallet is a very good QB, besides the die hard Teblowers, I dont know why anyone would think Tebow would win more games than Mallet  We dont have Denver's defense or Denver's kicker from 2011, Tebow wouldn't be in close games where all he would need is score one TD to win.  'Suddsy'" Sudfeld

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, because the pre-season is an indicator of anything. LMAO

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

Sorry going to disagree if wasn't for pre-season and training camp where a #4 QB got to show his abilities  and work ethic this franchise wouldn't be loking at a 1st ballot HOF QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Mallet looked pretty good last night, other than one or two passes. He looked comfortable with what they were running and trying to do. He is not as accurate as Brady in the shorter passing game (who is?). But he moved around and hit Hooman (not even going to try to spell or pronounce it) with a nice pass, and the TD to Sudfeld was a good throw. It would be nice to see him with the full first team including Amendola vs the first team defense of whoever they are playing. And it would have been nice if Brady had got some throws to the outside guys other than Amendola. 

I hope they never have to rely on Tim Tebow to run the offense...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Mallet is more Bledsoe than Brady, he is massive with a cannon arm, that doesn't always translate to touch but he has shown some of that.  I really hope Mallet is wiser than his years and sticks around, he has to know that Brady can't last forever and he's getting paid a lot to intern for the best team in football and possibly all sports.  He can still learn a lot from Brady and win some rings as a backup before starting his own career.  

This job isn't getting tossed to the wolves and fend for yourself like you're on the Jaguars or something...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Wow.  You are still going to defend Teblows after the disaster last night?  Unreal.  The guy is terrible.  There is no shame in admiting you were wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

70% of draft picks become "busts," that's not a real fact or anything just my rough calculations.

McDaniels was high on glue the day he drafted a QB who can't pass in the first round.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

More than anything I hope Mallet gets his day in the sun sometime in the future so that we (or maybe just me) can use all kinds of cool "hammer" metaphors.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

More than anything I hope Mallet gets his day in the sun sometime in the future so that we (or maybe just me) can use all kinds of cool "hammer" metaphors.

I like Ryan Massive...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Mallet is more Bledsoe than Brady, he is massive with a cannon arm, that doesn't always translate to touch but he has shown some of that.  I really hope Mallet is wiser than his years and sticks around, he has to know that Brady can't last forever and he's getting paid a lot to intern for the best team in football and possibly all sports.  He can still learn a lot from Brady and win some rings as a backup before starting his own career.  

This job isn't getting tossed to the wolves and fend for yourself like you're on the Jaguars or something...

I would love to see him sign for 3/$6 and stick around. Agree he could be the future. The Hern situation reaaly tightened the cap however

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think Mallet is just not looking as good as he should at this point in his career. At least in games. I can not speak for day in and day out practice. He has had some nice plays but he should be showing some indications of being real starter material.

Unless he steps up quickly his trade value will be minimal. If that is the case I wonder whether he will be satisfied signing a backup contract. You would think not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If you saw how Mallett got better as the game went on it would not be unreasonable to extrapolate that into continuing to improve with more playing time.

Tebow started poorly and finished poorly. How is it even possible to have a 00.00 QB rating for the game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Mallet looked very good.  He should have gotten more time.  He appears to move well in the pocket and looks like a real talent to keep behind Brady.  Don't trade this guy is insurance against disaster.

Tebow is just a disaster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

If you saw how Mallett got better as the game went on it would not be unreasonable to extrapolate that into continuing to improve with more playing time.

Tebow started poorly and finished poorly. How is it even possible to have a 00.00 QB rating for the game?

Reminds me of when Dean Wormer tells Blutarsky what his grade point average is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Mallet does need more playing time. He always seems to warm up as games go on too.

I think in the last two preseasons he is working on 4 TDs, 2 INTs, and some nifty yardage.

One thing that has unquestionably carried over from the NCAA: his arm. He really has one of the best arms in the NFL, he makes deep throws look effortless. He needs to focus on the short timing routes that are so important in the NFL though, and in NE in particular.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

By doing absolutely nothing positive. He should have a negative rating because he also took a delay of game penalty ... in a preseason game no less. It's one thing to stink like no one has stunk before, but to do so after taking so much time trying to figure out what in tarnation you are supposed to be doing is embarrassing. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Mallet is a very good QB, besides the die hard Teblowers, I dont know why anyone would think Tebow would win more games than Mallet  We dont have Denver's defense or Denver's kicker from 2011, Tebow wouldn't be in close games where all he would need is score one TD to win.  'Suddsy'" Sudfeld

Mallett has completed one NFL pass.  I don't know why anyone would think he's a "very good QB."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Mallet was drafted the year of the lockout, so he had no spring/summer work and no look at the playbook until camp his rookie year. With the complexity of the Pats offense, missing that time and learning made his first year a redshirt. Last year was more like a full rookie year for him (and Vareen), both have made strides this year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

Mallett has completed one NFL pass.  I don't know why anyone would think he's a "very good QB."

[/QUOTE]

It's an NFL forum. That's how it works. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Mallet overpowers way too many of his passes, but other than that he's looking pretty good to me.  Seems to have a good understanding of the offense and make pretty quick, sound decisions.  He's got a great arm.  Could be a bit more accurate, but still okay there.  All he needs to do is stop overpowering his throws, either tossing them over people or into the ground.  If he can get that under control he'll be good.  If he can't control that, however, he's gonna toss too many interceptions and have too many incompletions to be a decent starter.  I'm hoping it's just nerves or adrenaline, because he does seem to improve with snaps.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he looked pretty decent last night. needs to work on his passing technique. I  have to think if he was behind the first team o-line, and with these new WRs that are better than last years he would thrive and be successful.