Mallet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Mallet

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, because the pre-season is an indicator of anything. LMAO

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

Sorry going to disagree if wasn't for pre-season and training camp where a #4 QB got to show his abilities  and work ethic this franchise wouldn't be loking at a 1st ballot HOF QB.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't mention training camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

If you saw how Mallett got better as the game went on it would not be unreasonable to extrapolate that into continuing to improve with more playing time.

Tebow started poorly and finished poorly. How is it even possible to have a 00.00 QB rating for the game?

How is it possible to draw a conclusion from a pre-season game?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

How is it possible to draw a conclusion from a pre-season game?

Every team in the NFL draws conclusions from pre season games - what else do they have to go on besides that and practice?  Of course preseason as a whole as opposed to a single preseason game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Mallet was drafted the year of the lockout, so he had no spring/summer work and no look at the playbook until camp his rookie year. With the complexity of the Pats offense, missing that time and learning made his first year a redshirt. Last year was more like a full rookie year for him (and Vareen), both have made strides this year. 

Great point, Mallett started at a disadvantage as a rookie.

Prolate also had a good point, Mallet sometimes muscles easy throws (thus my Bledsoe comparison) but i think he can learn something from Brady; touch.

I love how nobody has Tebow on their new projected depth charts all of a sudden, are we finally seeing the light...?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

[QUOTE]How is it possible to draw a conclusion from a pre-season game?

Every team in the NFL draws conclusions from pre season games - what else do they have to go on besides that and practice?  Of course preseason as a whole as opposed to a single preseason game.

[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. That's why I said I don't draw conclusions from a pre-season game. That is about 10% of the whole and fraught with possibility for wrongful analysis by fans due to the complexities of who is where and when during the massive player shuffle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

but i think he can learn something from Brady; touch.

What he needs to learn from Brady is to take care of the damned ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

They use to call Hasslebeck Mr. August in Green Bay. 17 years later....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, because the pre-season is an indicator of anything. LMAO

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

Wow.  You are still going to defend Teblows after the disaster last night?  Unreal.  The guy is terrible.  There is no shame in admiting you were wrong.

[/QUOTE] Well lets examine the offensive line that Mallett gets to work with and the one they let TT use! 3 guys named JAG and two unknowns, While the worst lineman on Mallett's o-line was RJ Mattes. Then examine the receivers. You guys only see the bad passes, and ignore the protection. The best play by TT was a run of about 25 yards called back because of a penalty. By the way if TB or RM were using the line TT has they would be in intensive care.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

After watching phil Taylor play for the browns the mallet Taylor trade would have been nice if it came thru.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Mallet was drafted the year of the lockout, so he had no spring/summer work and no look at the playbook until camp his rookie year. With the complexity of the Pats offense, missing that time and learning made his first year a redshirt. Last year was more like a full rookie year for him (and Vareen), both have made strides this year. 

Great point, Mallett started at a disadvantage as a rookie.

Prolate also had a good point, Mallet sometimes muscles easy throws (thus my Bledsoe comparison) but i think he can learn something from Brady; touch.

I love how nobody has Tebow on their new projected depth charts all of a sudden, are we finally seeing the light...?

I hope Mallet makes quicker decisions than Bledsoe.  Bledsoe's biggest problem, in my opinion, was his tendency to take a bit too much time watching the play develop.  The other thing I noticed watching Bledsoe for years was that he didn't seem able to monitor the pass rush and keep focused on what was happening downfield at the same time.  When Brady stepped in for Bledsoe during the Mo Lewis game, you could see the difference immediately.  The passes started coming out a second or so quicker.  And Brady has that remarkable ability to adjust to the pass rush by sliding around in the pocket without ever taking his eye off what's happening downfield. Bledsoe had a tendency to look at the rushers and lose contact with his receivers.  You'd see this a lot.  The rush would be coming, Bledsoe would either not notice it if he was focusing downfield and get hit or he would look at the rushers and have no idea where his receivers were so the play would just fall apart.  Bledsoe required great protection to be good and in today's NFL, with such ferocious pass rushers that's hard to get.

So far, I think Mallet seems to do a good job getting the ball out quickly enough and adjusting to the rush without losing contact with his receivers.  That to me is key . . . even with Aaron Rodgers, I think speed of decision making is what transformed him from a back-up to a great QB. My wife's family is from Green Bay, so I saw a lot of Packers games.  Rodgers initially was slow in his decision making and got sacked a lot because of it.  As he got comfortable with the offense, there was a notable change in the speed and accuracy of his decision making and all his athletic skills had the chance to blossom.  A lot of what makes a good QB is mental . . . and that's what will be key to making Mallet a good QB.  Does he make good decisions quickly?  His arm is fine, once he learns to control the cannon a bit better, so I'm not too concerned with the physical part of his game.  It's just the mental part we need to see develop. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I hope Mallet makes quicker decisions than Bledsoe.  Bledsoe's biggest problem, in my opinion, was his tendency to take a bit too much time watching the play develop.  The other thing I noticed watching Bledsoe for years was that he didn't seem able to monitor the pass rush and keep focused on what was happening downfield at the same time.  When Brady stepped in for Bledsoe during the Mo Lewis game, you could see the difference immediately.  The passes started coming out a second or so quicker.  And Brady has that remarkable ability to adjust to the pass rush by sliding around in the pocket without ever taking his eye off what's happening downfield. Bledsoe had a tendency to look at the rushers and lose contact with his receivers.  You'd see this a lot.  The rush would be coming, Bledsoe would either not notice it if he was focusing downfield and get hit or he would look at the rushers and have no idea where his receivers were so the play would just fall apart.  Bledsoe required great protection to be good and in today's NFL, with such ferocious pass rushers that's hard to get.

Bledsoe threw for almost 45,000 yards in his career.  You don't do that if you don't have high quaility vision/awareness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Bledsoe threw for almost 45,000 yards in his career.  You don't do that if you don't have high quaility vision/awareness.

Bledsoe fortunately had Ben Coates to bail him out. 

Bledsoe wasn't a bad QB by any means, but the difference between Bledsoe's 77 career QB rating and Brady's 99 career QB rating is 90% differences in decision making speed and accuracy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We have been irrevocably spoiled by watching Tom Brady play QB.

Sections
Shortcuts