Mallett and a 1st for Hoyer and Phillip Taylor!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Mallett and a 1st for Hoyer and Phillip Taylor!

Get it done Bill!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Mallett and a 1st for Hoyer and Phillip Taylor!

Oh I really  don't live it. I think Taylor will be a FA in the next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Ramekap are you high?! Thank God you are not our GM that trade is highway robbery for the Browns! Hate to say it but this is a very CC like thread.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Calm down, the Vikings are scrubs. Let him do somethi against someone average.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not a trade I would do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd do it just for Phil Taylor, not so much the Mallett for Hoyer swap. Then again I don't think we are going to retain Mallett past next year anyways. However, having Taylor, Wilfork, and Kelly would really bring the DL together and make us a 01-06 type of D again. To me that's worth a 1st. As for Taylor will be a FA next year simple solution. Resign him. We'll have him for a year to see how he works with the team. He's the type of talent worth retaining, esp with Wilfork getting older. Worse comes to worse you tag and trade. Someone would pay at least a 2nd for him even with the tag and hopefully our pick would be in the early 30's so you aren't talking about a massive drop if he can help get you back in the SB. If you spend money one of the safer areas is the DL since they are usually more durable and Taylor is still really young just entering his prime. He's the exact type of player you want to be spending good money on.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Am I high???

Jeez.... I was talking with a crew of Browns diehards during that Vikes comeback game and NONE of them would trade Taylor for a 1st rd pick in the 26-32 range.

Would you trade a 25 year old Wilfork for a low 1st even if you were a rebuilding club? The Pats had like 12 1st and 2nd rd picks between '99-'04 and went with the line guys for half of them Woody, Seymour, Light, Warren, Wilfork were all hits. Adrian Klemm was the only miss unless I forgot someone.

Hoyer knows our system and is a cheap career backup type who can win games and keep us in the hunt if (knock on wood) TB12 goes down for 2-5 games in one of the enxt 4 years. Mallett will NOT be holding a clipboard 4 more years and will get paid MORE than a backup soon.

Taylor is NOT a free agent next season, was the 21st pick just 29 months ago and is EASILY worth a 1st.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I doubt anybody of Taylor's ability will be there for us at the end of rd 1 this year and if so that player will be taking finals and be in a bowl game during the playoffs not helping us win this season.

Taylor as a young mack truck keeping Vince and Kelly fresh in a 3-man weave at DT would be terrifying. That and a strong safety are all this D needs to be the best in the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

This thread officially made me get ready for bed...

Night y'all..

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Calm down, the Vikings are scrubs. Let him do somethi against someone average.

Rameakap loves the Vikings, they took his binky Shariff Floyd in the draft even though he was supposed to be a 4th pick overall, instead sliding to them at 23 and now can't get on the field for a horrid team... really glad we have his armchair GM expertise at our disposal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

No, no, no! No way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Get it done Bill!

No, thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

No way I'd want them to give up a 1st on that kind of deal.

Taylor for Mallett, straight up.

Bring back Tebow to back up.

JUST KIDDING ON THAT THIRD STATEMENT

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Am I high???

Jeez.... I was talking with a crew of Browns diehards during that Vikes comeback game and NONE of them would trade Taylor for a 1st rd pick in the 26-32 range.

Would you trade a 25 year old Wilfork for a low 1st even if you were a rebuilding club? The Pats had like 12 1st and 2nd rd picks between '99-'04 and went with the line guys for half of them Woody, Seymour, Light, Warren, Wilfork were all hits. Adrian Klemm was the only miss unless I forgot someone.

Hoyer knows our system and is a cheap career backup type who can win games and keep us in the hunt if (knock on wood) TB12 goes down for 2-5 games in one of the enxt 4 years. Mallett will NOT be holding a clipboard 4 more years and will get paid MORE than a backup soon.

Taylor is NOT a free agent next season, was the 21st pick just 29 months ago and is EASILY worth a 1st.

This trade looks a lot better now. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from headhuntersixsix. Show headhuntersixsix's posts

No way..we need the draft picks. You could still use Mallet for somebody and try and sign Freeman as a back up I guess. I think BB is happy enough with his roster. We're 4-0..everybody else lost. Buffalo will fade now that EJ is dinged up. It would be nice to get another TE but there's nobody out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to headhuntersixsix's comment:

No way..we need the draft picks. You could still use Mallet for somebody and try and sign Freeman as a back up I guess. I think BB is happy enough with his roster. We're 4-0..everybody else lost. Buffalo will fade now that EJ is dinged up. It would be nice to get another TE but there's nobody out there.

We need the draft picks for players right? Taylor is an extermely talented young player about to enter his prime and has probowl potential. Not sure what else you'd expect from a late 1st pick but to me that's well worth the trade. If you can't use a draft pick on a potential probowl player then what can you use draft picks for, hot dogs and beer?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Why not trade Talib for Asante Samuel and Ridley for BJGE while we're at it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Why not trade Talib for Asante Samuel and Ridley for BJGE while we're at it

That makes no sense. Are you trying to say Mallett is better than Taylor or that a pick (hopefully in the back end of the 1st) is better than a proven 21st pick with probowl caliber of play

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to headhuntersixsix's comment:

[QUOTE]

We need the draft picks for players right? Taylor is an extermely talented young player about to enter his prime and has probowl potential. Not sure what else you'd expect from a late 1st pick but to me that's well worth the trade. If you can't use a draft pick on a potential probowl player then what can you use draft picks for, hot dogs and beer?

[/QUOTE]

Yes and secondary players!

my thoughts exactly. A top tier DT is easily worth a late 1st round pick. It's a safer bet than drafting a rookie and, it's a big area of need.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd give mallet and a second or a second and a third for Taylor. When BB drafts DL he kills it, I hope if this trade doesn't khan pen he takes DL or OL with picks 1and 2 then gets the other skill positions in FA.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?