Mallett & his arm is exactly what Brady needed at this time...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Mallett & his arm is exactly what Brady needed at this time...

In Response to Re: Mallett & his arm is exactly what Brady needed at this time...:
    [QUOTE] BABE:Bill IS putting a decent D on the field...he's lost  starting players to injuries before the season started that he was counting on as well as durring the season, defensive & offensive Quardinators, Head of scouting & numorus othe key pieces behind the scene....when you have your staff pillaged time & time again & still win the division year after year & have one of the youngest D's in the league I believe you sell Bill way too short...Bill has done some of his best coaching as of late but that can only go so far....Pats have been playing playoff calibar teams regularly with many tough schedules over the years & holding their own...2006,2007 were both very tough losses that involved bad ref. calls & unbelievable situational plays(LUCK)....2010 post season the Pats shot themselves in the foot by Crumpler dropping a TD pass & Chung fumbling the snap where he had tons of room to get the 1st down...BILL CAN"T DO THEIR JOB FOR THEM!!!!! Your talk of bill going BYE BYE is one of the more foolish things I've read in here....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

Of course you think BB going bye bye or having a reduced role is crazy - because you have been hearing the delusional fan mantra for years that he is an infallible genius.

I have laid out the facts about BB. And they say he is no genius at all. They say he got lucky and found a HOF QB in the 6th round and that combined with some really good players from previous coaches allowed him to win a few SBs that he has been riding the glory of for a long time now.

Kraft doesn't have the average fans delusional BB worship. If BB doesn't win it in the next couple of years at least Kraft is going to rethink his options come contract time. Mark my words.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I could see Bill having a reduced role due to him putting assistants & Coordinators in place to aide him, maybe even a GM, BUT BILL will be the one that gets the final say on who becomes a Patriot.....Actually, Bill will probably become the GM down the road & hand pick his replacement when he decides to call it quits...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Mallett & his arm is exactly what Brady needed at this time...:
    [QUOTE]I could see Bill having a reduced role due to him putting assistants & Coordinators in place to aide him, maybe even a GM, BUT BILL will be the one that gets the final say on who becomes a Patriot.....Actually, Bill will probably become the GM down the road & hand pick his replacement when he decides to call it quits...

Maybe. But, maybe not. Kraft jettisoned Carrol after 3 years and Carrol made the playoffs twice and had not a losing season in the three. Despite the average fan's misplaced worship of BB, Kraft may not hold him in such misbegotten reverence. Kraft isn't in this to go 6 years and counting without a SB win. The bottom line is the bottom line. The rest is BS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I won't to pretend to live inside Mr. Kraft's head the way our young friend, Babe, here, does . . .   but it seems to me that the only time you dismiss the wildly successful navigator of your organization is when you recognize someone with the potential to do the job better.

If, in some alternate universe where idiocy reigns supreme, Mr. Kraft is foolish enough to let Belichick get away, who takes his place?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I won't to pretend to live inside Mr. Kraft's head the way our young friend, Babe, here, does . . .   but it seems to me that the only time you dismiss the wildly successful navigator of your organization is when you recognize someone with the potential to do the job better. If, in some alternate universe where idiocy reigns supreme, Mr. Kraft is foolish enough to let Belichick get away, who takes his place?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I certainly wouldn't want to pretend I know what is in Bob's head. But I do know he likes success for his team and success to him is winning SBs. As far as who might replace BB as GM there are certainly options. There always are. And finding somebody who could do that job better than BB can't be that difficult since as a GM he has been mediocre. In any case, whomever was chosen, if the worst case was they did not win a SB for six straight seasons, they would not have done any worse than BB has done the last 6.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'll accept that Mallett was a coker and that he mastered the cokehead talk.  Some people kick, some don't.  BB and the staff are calculating that Mallett kicked last year, and now he has maybe an 80% chance of staying clean.  Jonathan Kraft will almost certainly give Mallett a Hernandez contract:  stay clean and we pay you a one million dollar bonus, but fail a random drug test and we hardly pay you anything at all.  Deal?

In 2011, wait for the clock to tick down to 3 seconds left in the first half, with the ball on the Patriots 35 yard line.  Call timeout.  Put Mallett in.  For all of Brady's skills, Brady can't hit that throw and Mallett can.  A 10% chance of walking into the locker room with 7 more points beats a 0% chance, and with no time on the clock there's no chance of setting up the other team with a field goal try.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Well said Getzo. I agree with everything you said.In Response to Re: Mallett & his arm is exactly what Brady needed at this time...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mallett & his arm is exactly what Brady needed at this time... : Going forward..... Brady is what Mallet needed  - at this time.  A three time winning superbowl QB, who was the first ever unanimous MVP to groom an unmature, yet talented young man.   Let's get something straight.  Tom Brady has Michael Jordan in him.  These type of human beings need no motivation as they're motivated to be the best.  Michael did not have a 'life coach', and if Tom does... it's not for football.  This is why Tom is who he is.  The guy cried over being selected in the 6th round... 10 years later!  You make fun of him for crying with his long hair.. fine, but the unbiased eye (not saying that's my eye) can see one of the fiercest competitors of alltime.......... Be happy TB is our QB, and never look for his replacement.  Let that just happen when that sorrowful day comes.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Is this forum suggesting that Mallett will push Brady for a starting job?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!!?!??!??!??!?!?!??!?!??!!??!?!?!!?!??!!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Nick, not without a deep threat wr, and not for a couple years. It's nice to dream that our qb play could remain sky high for the next 10-15 years, and Brady mentoring Mallet is a dream recipe for such an outcome. Imagine the damage Mallet could do with a top end deep threat, combined with learning the dink and dunk from Brady.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mallett & his arm is exactly what Brady needed at this time... : The more you post, the dumber everyone else gets here. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Wrong again. Everybody is just about as dumb now as they were the first post.

I really can't say many here are dumb. But there is a whole lot of boneheaded hero worship going on that doesn't agree with the facts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'm excited about the Mallett pick  for a bunch of reasons....
    1) can make every throw in the NFL
    2) has great heigth 6'7" with a cannon for an arm
    3)comes from a pro style offense that resembles the Patriots style
    4)was a captain on his team BOTH years he was there selected by his peers which shows he's a strong leader
    5) can role out of pocket & make throws on the run
    6)a coaches son who is a major student of the game & takes it very seriously
    7)got him in 3rd round....1st round talent(saved a bunch of money against cap when it's reinstalled)
    8)put up mad stats in the toughest conference in college football 2 years in a row
    9)is not under any preasure to be the starter & carry the team, gets to learn under the best QB & COACH in the NFL
    10)adds excellent depth at the most critical position in the game
    11) by taking him we stopped Miami,Buffalo & the Jets from getting him
    12)most eveything bad said about him was rumors & media hype....yes he got busted for drinking underage(SHOCKER THERE) but everything else is hearsay...
    13)Most upside potential of ALL QB's taken ahead or after him
    14)May end up out starter & new face of franchise in 3-4 years time & if not we may be able to turn him into a first rounder in a trade or swap him for a much needed positional player to a team that is hurting for a QB....

I could go on but I'm guessing you get my point....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMex2. Show RonMex2's posts

I saw Brady on Friday at his event...he has nothing to worry about...was throwing darts and deep passes easily after a days practice...hit Welker in stride ona pretty 50 yard TD..know it's a benefit...but so is the players practice...wouln't read too much....Heres a cool new site...http://60maxpowero.com

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]May end up out starter & new face of franchise in 3-4 years time & if not we may be able to turn him into a first rounder in a trade or swap him for a much needed positional player to a team that is hurting for a QB.... I could go on but I'm guessing you get my point....

Uh, no and no. The chances of either of those things happening are very slim.