Mallett officially not going to Houston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Mallett officially not going to Houston

Texans reached agreement with fourth-round pick, former Pitt QB Tom Savage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Re: Mallett officially not going to Houston

Do the Pats carry 3 QB's this year or does BB try to showcase Mallett in preseason and try to get a player or draft pick? NFLN was talking about Mallett going to Houston during the draft as if it was just a matter of when a deal would get done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No shock here. Even the dope OB realizes Mallet has done absolutely nothing in the NFL to deserve anybody giving anything of significant value up for him. But of course the few, the proud, the homers, still think he has value.

Question: How can you tell when Rusty's lying?

Answer: He typed something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Well Bb has carried a rookie Qb as the only bu

mallet has always had the most value to the Pats

if they get a pick eventually or at least can use it to. Offset a lost pick

S

Combine that with the fact TB plays every game , then Mallet has done his job

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Just wait until a team with a QB injury off QB concerns needs a young QB.  Mallett wasn't drafted to never get a chance to compete for a spot.

He'll be dealt at some point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just wait until a team with a QB injury off QB concerns needs a young QB.  Mallett wasn't drafted to never get a chance to compete for a spot.

[/QUOTE]

don't u think it depends a lot on JG.?

i was glad to hear that JG in the last half of his season threw for66%

it will be fun to watch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it will be fun to watch

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Contract up.  His career was not intended to be some career long backup.  It's preposterous to think that with so many teams in need of a QB or QB competition all over the league, a BB/Brady trained QB like Cassel or Hoyer, isn't worth a flier.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it will be fun to watch

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Contract up.  His career was not intended to be some career long backup.  It's preposterous to think that with so many teams in need of a QB or QB competition all over the league, a BB/Brady trained QB like Cassel or Hoyer, isn't worth a flier.

[/QUOTE]

so you think that there are Qbs available like that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  I disagree.  I've been saying for 2 yrs that Mallet has no trade value.  At this point, any team who might be interested will just wait for him to become a FA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's the going rate for a problem child QB coming out of college that almost nobody wanted, hasn't played a snap, has played behind an absolutely awful QB (according to you) for three years and has a year left on his contract?  7th rounder?  Can we assume that you'll then claim that BB fleeced the other team?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's the going rate for a problem child QB coming out of college that almost nobody wanted, hasn't played a snap, has played behind an absolutely awful QB (according to you) for three years and has a year left on his contract?  7th rounder?  Can we assume that you'll then claim that BB fleeced the other team?

[/QUOTE]

Geno Smith.  That is all that needs to be said.  That is your QB for the next 2 years at the very least. Otherwise, last year was a fraud and a waste of time.

Your team needed a QB BADLY to make up for Sanchez and failed.  You have no position here, Bustchise.

Go buy some hair gel and wifebeaters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geno Smith.  That is all that needs to be said.  That is your QB for the next 2 years at the very least. Otherwise, last year was a fraud and a waste of time.

Your team needed a QB BADLY to make up for Sanchez and failed.  You have no position here, Bustchise.

Go buy some hair gel and wifebeaters.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, Geno Smith.  Won 8 games as a rookie on a rebuilding team, starting a half dozen rookies.  The same team that put up 30 against the mighty patsies with "the best gm in the history of the nfl".  

Geno was reported to be better than any QB in this draft.  Hey didn't you proclaim last year that a QB drafted in the second round is expected to be an immediate starter.  Can we assume you're gonna run away from that comment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No shock here. Even the dope OB realizes Mallet has done absolutely nothing in the NFL to deserve anybody giving anything of significant value up for him. But of course the few, the proud, the homers, still think he has value.

Question: How can you tell when Rusty's lying?

Answer: He typed something.

[/QUOTE]

Babe, I disagree. The issue is not Malletts talent or potential upside. It is his contract. If this was May of year 2 of Malletts 4 year contract, or even year 3, Mallett returns a 2nd thru 4th IMO. Mallett when drafted was a first round talent, that still is. He fell to the 3rd due to off field issues, not talent. Much more talented and ready for the NFL when drafted than Jimmy G is this year. 

Simply put, no one wants to give anything of value for 1 year of Mallett. It's the contract, not the player. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Simply put, no one wants to give anything of value for 1 year of Mallett. It's the contract, not the player. 

This.  Why spend a good pick on Mallett when you can get 4 years of a cost-controlled rookie?  We'll probably get a comp pick when he leaves plus having a backup that is familiar with the system is good insurance.  The Patriots would be crazy to give up Mallett for a low round pick and a team would be crazy to give us a mid to high round pick for Mallett.  That is why some of us have said from the beginning that Mallett will be not be traded. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Who knows what Houston is doing at QB but if they go with Fttz or Savage their season will not go well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I keep thinking Hoyer ends up in Houston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You think they like Hoyer over Fitz?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Fitz holds the ball too long and takes too many hits. Cant play the season out. Hoyer knows OB's system, his terminology. He can hit the ground running. With that defense getting healthy, and Foster getting healthy, I really think Hoyer fits for now...

I also don't see the Browns sitting Manziel..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

At this point, I don't see Mallet being traded for a pick, not by lack of trying by the organization. How long he remains with the team is going to be dependent on how well the KID grasps the offence, if he picks it up quickly then Mallet will be a last minute cut at end of preseason, if the KID is slow he will be kept, I'm guessing the PATS will showcase mallet in the first 2 preseason games even if the KID, picks things up quickly, hoping on the outside chance that they can get a 5th or 6th round pick, before they cut Mallet loose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this point, I don't see Mallet being traded for a pick, not by lack of trying by the organization. How long he remains with the team is going to be dependent on how well the KID grasps the offence, if he picks it up quickly then Mallet will be a last minute cut at end of preseason, if the KID is slow he will be kept, I'm guessing the PATS will showcase mallet in the first 2 preseason games even if the KID, picks things up quickly, hoping on the outside chance that they can get a 5th or 6th round pick, before they cut Mallet loose.

[/QUOTE]

similar to Mallett, JG will sit the entire year behind Mallett, same as Mallett did behind Hoyer

JG will not play a single snap the entire year

depending on what Mallett signs for next year and how many FA's the Pats sign/lose, Mallet could warrant a comp pick in the 3rd to 4th round range. Why trade him for a 5th or 6th now and leave the team with out a back up QB?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

similar to Mallett, JG will sit the entire year behind Mallett, same as Mallett did behind Hoyer

depending on what Mallett signs for next year and how many FA's the Pats sign/lose, Mallet could warrant a comp pick in the 3rd to 4th round range. Why trade him for a 5th or 6th now and leave the team with out a back up QB?

[/QUOTE]

Good post.  The Comp pick part of the equation is what a lot of people are missing.  Mallet has no trade value and the notion that NE may still be able to deal him is getting pretty silly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This.  Why spend a good pick on Mallett when you can get 4 years of a cost-controlled rookie?  We'll probably get a comp pick when he leaves plus having a backup that is familiar with the system is good insurance.  The Patriots would be crazy to give up Mallett for a low round pick and a team would be crazy to give us a mid to high round pick for Mallett.  That is why some of us have said from the beginning that Mallett will be not be traded. 

[/QUOTE]

Umm, because if you covet a QB trained by BB and Brady, you then extend Mallett after trading for him.  It's what Cassel did when BB dealt him It's just that Mallett isn't tagged at 16 million in 2014.

If a team needs say 3 QBs to bring in to figure out who the best QB is and you only have 1 you like for that competition or maybe 2, you still need a 3rd QB.  

Is Chad Henne the answer in Jax? No.  He's keeping the seat warm.  Outside of maybe 15 teams, all the others need a Mallett.  What he's worth, however, is the real question.

Just wait until one of these camp comp QBs looks awful in camp, gets hurt, comes in overweight or whatnot and then watch Mallet's value rise off OTAs.

There is no question Houston was interested and it may have been the compensation was a bit too steep.

Didn't Oakland just deal Pryor to Seattle? That's a perfect example.

You're telling me Pryor, trained by god knows whom in Oakland has more trade value than Mallett? LOL

If Pryor is worth a 7th, I'd say Mallett could get you a 4th or 5th, depending on next year's QB class strength.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Garoppolo would be the back up QB. Did you miss the draft?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Fitz holds the ball too long and takes too many hits. Cant play the season out. Hoyer knows OB's system, his terminology. He can hit the ground running. With that defense getting healthy, and Foster getting healthy, I really think Hoyer fits for now...

I also don't see the Browns sitting Manziel..

[/QUOTE]

The owner has publicly come out and said Manziel is sitting his rookie year to learn, but somehow you don't see that happening, huh?

Did you drink stupid juice through high school and college or just high school?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's weird that a guy who has top 15 talent, can't seem to bring us anything in a trade...I wonder if it's because he hasn't been able to hit the broadside of a barn during preseason games??

Sections
Shortcuts