Mallett throws at Pro Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Mallett throws at Pro Day

Ryan Mallett threw at Arkansas Pro Day March 6th, 2014 Morgan Smith Posted in Features, Main, News, Opinions

images

Former Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett threw at Arkansas Pro Day to showcase his talents and to throw to some college kids hoping to join him in the NFL.

Repsentives of all 32 teams were in attendance to check out some Razorbacks and maybe a few teams looking at how Mallett was performing.

Mallett has been rumored to be traded for the past few seasons with nothing happening and I doubt he’ll be traded this off-season either. He’s entering his last year of his contract and will be a free agent next off-season.

A source, who attended the Pro Day, described Mallett’s workout as just “ok”. The source said he looks “weak physically”. The source did say that his most impressive throws of the day came on the deep outs and go route, showing off his big arm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: Mallett throws at Pro Day

sounds like what brady was described as doesn't it.  gem

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sounds like what brady was described as doesn't it.  gem

[/QUOTE]

That does sound like BRady...when he was entering the league. Not after being on a team for 3 years.

That's actually a fairly large criticism against Mallett. That, alone, makes me think it very unlikely someone would trade anything for 1 year of him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ya...I'm off the Mallett trade bandwagon....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

didnt Mallet throw at pro day the last couple years as well?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It's just one opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I've said this before, but I haven't been overly impressed by Mallet in recent preaseasons.  He overpowers the ball too much. 

I do think his decision-making looked a bit better last preseason, and when he wasn't overpowering the ball he threw pretty well.  But he still threw an awful lot hard into the dirt or over people's heads.  Maybe it's just jitters, but until he gets his touch right, I don't think he's going to be all that good. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

He has thrown at the Arkansas Pro Day the past couple of years.  Just getting some work in, probably.  He isn't going anywhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've said this before, but I haven't been overly impressed by Mallet in recent preaseasons.  He overpowers the ball too much. 

I do think his decision-making looked a bit better last preseason, and when he wasn't overpowering the ball he threw pretty well.  But he still threw an awful lot hard into the dirt or over people's heads.  Maybe it's just jitters, but until he gets his touch right, I don't think he's going to be all that good. 

[/QUOTE]

Stop showing off and just complete the pass... I'm with you.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Another wasted 3rd round pick.