Mallett to Browns???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Mallett to Browns???

Hmmmmm....some of you folks here who thought Mallett will be a possible chip in the Pats gaining more draft picks may well end up being right.

I read this story a week ago and did not think too much about it. Today, I have read several more stories that Lombardi is a huge Mallett fan and a deal would not be a shocker.

Mallett for the Browns 6th pick in the first would be a shocker but the speculation that the Browns and Patriots swap 1st round picks and the Browns get Mallett may be tempting yes?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1490462-nfl-draft-rumor-browns-considering-trading-6th-overall-pick-for-ryan-mallett

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Mallett to Browns???

I would take that deal in a heartbeat.  No way it happens though.  Cassel only fetched a 2nd and he at least had starting experience.  As much as I love Mallett's potential he is still just an unproven backup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

that would be great........might not be a bad deal for the Browns......

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I would take that deal in a heartbeat.  No way it happens though.  Cassel only fetched a 2nd and he at least had starting experience.  As much as I love Mallett's potential he is still just an unproven backup.

Hmmmm...Cassel was a 7th rd pick

Mallett was a 3rd rd pick who was originally slated to go 9th to Miami before the wacky weed story surfaced.

If you want Mallett it's going to be more than what we paid which was a 3rd. So at least a 2nd.

True he lacks the experience of Cassel but he has a much stronger pedigree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Browns get our 1st rounder plus Mallett.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Could be nothing more than a starting point too...Browns could say take our second rounder for him.

Be sure of this...if he's traded it's for more than a mid third rounder we used on him....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Thats what i was thinking, that would be a much more reasonable trade for both sides. But i have a feeling if We did that BB Would trade down again to acquire more picks. Which i have no problem with im just pointing that out. Never the less Mike Lombardi's Man Crush on Mallet is gonna cost him if he wants him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Can't take too much stock into a bleacher report article. The only way I thought the Pats could've gotten a 6th was if they packaged their own first as well.

Giving up the 6th pick plus more seems like a bit much, especially since they don't have a second.

Wouldn't say its out of the realm of possibilities. If the new HC and GM don't like the QB then that probably needs to be a top priority. Considering the QB crop in this draft....maybe they make the trade. I say it's unlikely, but who knows. I believe Favre was acquired for a first

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Umm, what? We give our 1st rder and Mallett?  We'd need another pick. Throw in a mid rder to make up for Talib and it's a deal.

I like your thinking rock.  +1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

One site speculated the Mallett trade would happen and this kid would be taken by the Pats as the next project.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/21/tennessee-quarterback-tyler-bray-enters-2013-nfl-draft/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If Mallett alone was enough to move up over 20 spots in the 1st round that means he would basically be worth a first round pick.  There is no way that a QB who has never started a game will fetch a first rounder in today's NFL.  I don't care what his pedigree is.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Can't take too much stock into a bleacher report article. The only way I thought the Pats could've gotten a 6th was if they packaged their own first as well.

Giving up the 6th pick plus more seems like a bit much, especially since they don't have a second.

Wouldn't say its out of the realm of possibilities. If the new HC and GM don't like the QB then that probably needs to be a top priority. Considering the QB crop in this draft....maybe they make the trade. I say it's unlikely, but who knows. I believe Favre was acquired for a first

Its not really taking stock in a report. Lombardi had (and probably still does) a total Boner for Mallett during his draft year.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think the Browns are going to be trading the 6th pick for Mallet, even if the top ten is considered to be weak. Not going to happen. And I don't think the Browns would go for our first and Mallet either - the trade value chart wouldn't look so good for the Browns. You don't move up 20 something places in the first round and only throw is your first and essentially a 3rd round pick (what Mallet was).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

LMFAO

If BB can get the 6th overall for Mallet I will proclaim him the greatest trader in the history of the NFL, hands down!

(But if he has comprimising pics of Lombardi the deal is off)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Thats what i was thinking, that would be a much more reasonable trade for both sides. But i have a feeling if We did that BB Would trade down again to acquire more picks. Which i have no problem with im just pointing that out. Never the less Mike Lombardi's Man Crush on Mallet is gonna cost him if he wants him.

I think Cleveland makes out in that deal too much to be honest. 

You're getting the ideal young QB.  Trained in the Pats system, so really anywhere he goes, he just needs a run game, O Line and a good D, and he's off and running with his career. The biggest mistakes some teams make is getting the QB first, putting the cart before the horse. Not sure how close Cleveland is in those other areas, to be honest.

Then again, I am drooling thinking about a top 10 pick being infused on this team for the next 5 years.

Still would want a mid rd pick in return from Cleveland, if you can get it. 4th or 5th rd.

Definitly Rock. Cleveland is Pretty well set in pretty much all those areas. They have Trent Richardson as thier back and have Joe Thomas and Alex Mack as there All Pro Lineman along with some pretty good young talent next to them. Clevelands D is stout, Its there offense that let them down this year.

I also am Salavating at the thought of having more top ten talent added to the team

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not sure if it will happen; nor sure if it won't.  If it does, and that is a big 'if', I wouldn't be at all surprised to see BB package that #6 for a 1st, 2nd and either a 3rd or a 4th.  That, of course, depends on the trade partner either having a serious jones for the number 6 pick, multiple picks in either the first or 2nd round or both.

Idle speculation acknowledged.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The Browns are on crack if they make a deal like this. After two years of not taking an NFL snap, Mallett becomes worth the 6th overall pick?!?

I would do it in a second if the Browns are really that stupid. I would assume there are other players picks going Cleveland's way if that deal happens.

Sections
Shortcuts