Mallett to Browns???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Mallett to Browns???

Yes...I should have stated that clearer than I did. The Browns would get Mallett AND the Pats first rounder in exchange for the Browns first rounder.

Don't forget, I called the mallett pick and got the do do beaten outta me here for it. I even called the rd. I am a fan as I thought he was a stud at Arkansas.

Now...that being said....if most of you here are correct that Brady plays 3/4 more years then mallett never gets a snif of the field.

So....then does it not make sense to move him now.

And..it could be for a lower pick this year and a high one next. Don't forget the Pats have no picks in the 4th, 5th and 6th rounds this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

beIn response to RockScully's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Browns get our 1st rounder plus Mallett.

Thats what i was thinking, that would be a much more reasonable trade for both sides. But i have a feeling if We did that BB Would trade down again to acquire more picks. Which i have no problem with im just pointing that out. Never the less Mike Lombardi's Man Crush on Mallet is gonna cost him if he wants him.

I think Cleveland makes out in that deal too much to be honest. 

You're getting the ideal young QB.  Trained in the Pats system, so really anywhere he goes, he just needs a run game, O Line and a good D, and he's off and running with his career. The biggest mistakes some teams make is getting the QB first, putting the cart before the horse. Not sure how close Cleveland is in those other areas, to be honest.

Then again, I am drooling thinking about a top 10 pick being infused on this team for the next 5 years.

Still would want a mid rd pick in return from Cleveland, if you can get it. 4th or 5th rd.

Definitly Rock. Cleveland is Pretty well set in pretty much all those areas. They have Trent Richardson as thier back and have Joe Thomas and Alex Mack as there All Pro Lineman along with some pretty good young talent next to them. Clevelands D is stout, Its there offense that let them down this year.

I also am Salavating at the thought of having more top ten talent added to the team

Yeah, I know Thomas and Mack. I think Steinbach retired, too, right?  I just wasn't sure how set they are.

If this were to happen, all jealous trolls and haters would erupt in anger similar to the Moss deal in 2007.

lol

Lol.  Jets Trolls especially. There stuck with two Horrendous QB's and Were trying to Trade OUR BACKUP For the #6 overall pick. The rich get richer!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

the only way cleveland trades for Mallet is if they think he is better than any QB in the draft.  Is he?

I don't think so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hmmmmm....some of you folks here who thought Mallett will be a possible chip in the Pats gaining more draft picks may well end up being right.

I read this story a week ago and did not think too much about it. Today, I have read several more stories that Lombardi is a huge Mallett fan and a deal would not be a shocker.

Mallett for the Browns 6th pick in the first would be a shocker but the speculation that the Browns and Patriots swap 1st round picks and the Browns get Mallett may be tempting yes?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1490462-nfl-draft-rumor-browns-considering-trading-6th-overall-pick-for-ryan-mallett

This story does not indicate the Browns interest in Mallett let alone their interest if they had to give up the 6th overall pick. 

Fishing expedition, imo.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Hmmmmm....some of you folks here who thought Mallett will be a possible chip in the Pats gaining more draft picks may well end up being right.

I read this story a week ago and did not think too much about it. Today, I have read several more stories that Lombardi is a huge Mallett fan and a deal would not be a shocker.

Mallett for the Browns 6th pick in the first would be a shocker but the speculation that the Browns and Patriots swap 1st round picks and the Browns get Mallett may be tempting yes?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1490462-nfl-draft-rumor-browns-considering-trading-6th-overall-pick-for-ryan-mallett

This story does not indicate the Browns interest in Mallett let alone their interest if they had to give up the 6th overall pick. 

Fishing expedition, imo.

Course UD has to come and stick his nose into things. Hes like that friend nobody likes....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Thats what i was thinking, that would be a much more reasonable trade for both sides. But i have a feeling if We did that BB Would trade down again to acquire more picks. Which i have no problem with im just pointing that out. Never the less Mike Lombardi's Man Crush on Mallet is gonna cost him if he wants him.

You're getting the ideal young QB.  Trained in the Pats system, so really anywhere he goes, he just needs a run game, O Line and a good D, and he's off and running with his career. The biggest mistakes some teams make is getting the QB first, putting the cart before the horse. Not sure how close Cleveland is in those other areas, to be honest.

Then again, I am drooling thinking about a top 10 pick being infused on this team for the next 5 years.

Still would want a mid rd pick in return from Cleveland, if you can get it. 4th or 5th rd.

Definitly Rock. Cleveland is Pretty well set in pretty much all those areas. They have Trent Richardson as thier back and have Joe Thomas and Alex Mack as there All Pro Lineman along with some pretty good young talent next to them. Clevelands D is stout, Its there offense that let them down this year.

I also am Salavating at the thought of having more top ten talent added to the team

Yeah, I know Thomas and Mack. I think Steinbach retired, too, right?  I just wasn't sure how set they are.

If this were to happen, all jealous trolls and haters would erupt in anger similar to the Moss deal in 2007.

lol

Lol.  Jets Trolls especially. There stuck with two Horrendous QB's and Were trying to Trade OUR BACKUP For the #6 overall pick. The rich get richer!

Yep.

This is why our pink hats here who want BB to be fired as GM look so dumb all the time.  Every other fanbase is jealous and has been jealous because of BB doing stuff like this.

If this were to happen, I am sure 99% of NFL fans would call this "cheating" where BB and Lombardi colluded and Lomardi is being paid by Kraft to help BB. lol

Hey, remember when RKarp told us that we "would be shocked" that Lombardi was going to the Jets to be their GM because it was a "dream job"?

lol!!

Priceless.

Yea when the truth is NOBODY wants to touch that job with a 20 foot pole.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Lol if they can get a top 10 pick for Mallet and the #29 or whatever I'd buy a BB-blowup doll. Agree with Rusty though, in the unlikely event Cleveland was interested in that deal I'd prefer to get a late round pick as well.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Here are the top 4 draft prospects at QB. Smith will not ne there at 6. After that, it's very, very thin...

Like I said, perhaps multiple picks in later rds or a high pick next year.

However, I do not consider the Browns swapping first rd picks with the Pats plus getting Mallett a stupid trade. If you want him outright he's now worth a 2nd minimum. Why in heck would we take less than we drafted him at??

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1464129-nfl-draft-2013-breaking-down-best-quarterback-prospects

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

lol

Yep.

This is why our pink hats here who want BB to be fired as GM look so dumb all the time.  Every other fanbase is jealous and has been jealous because of BB doing stuff like this.

If this were to happen, I am sure 99% of NFL fans would call this "cheating" where BB and Lombardi colluded and Lomardi is being paid by Kraft to help BB. lol

Hey, remember when RKarp told us that we "would be shocked" that Lombardi was going to the Jets to be their GM because it was a "dream job"?

lol!!

Priceless.

Yea when the truth is NOBODY wants to touch that job with a 20 foot pole.

Au contraire!  Phat Rex told us their hiring of Idzik after 3 weeks was "due dilligence". LMAO

Yea not because he's probably the ONLY one who would be stupid enough to try and fix the mess the tannenbum made.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I don't think the Browns are going to be trading the 6th pick for Mallet, even if the top ten is considered to be weak. Not going to happen. And I don't think the Browns would go for our first and Mallet either - the trade value chart wouldn't look so good for the Browns. You don't move up 20 something places in the first round and only throw is your first and essentially a 3rd round pick (what Mallet was).

Ugh. Again, you're dumb as a bag of rocks.  Cassel went for a 2nd but was a 7th rd pick.

Mallett was a PROJECTED 1st rd pick (late) before the 2010 draft and some rumors about his maturity.

The guy has been trained DAILY by Brady and BB in a complex offense and you're telling us that has no value in a very weak QB draft in 2013?

BB and Lombardi are friends. I bet a deal is likely, it's just how it unfolds.

Bawahahahaha!!! Oh good! I just found one guy on the internet that thinks we can move up 22 spots by throwing in Mallett! God Rusty, I wish you were the GM of the Ravens, that way we could go to the Super Bowl every year and we would never have to listen to Ray Lewis ever again.

Yeah Lombardi and Bill are best Buds - I'm sure Lombardi came over Bill's for his Super Bowl party! When Lombardi asked what he could bring Bill told him, "your 6th overral pick and by the way you're leaving with Mallett and our first as party favors". 

Mallett was suppossed to be a first round pick...wonderful! Except for the accuracy and coke problems. And yeah, he hasn't shown anything in two preseasons, but I'm sure the Patriots are just trying to hide all that training he's gotten. Doesn't Bill like to hide tendencies and such for post season surprises?? And being trained by Brady is a benefit? You hate Brady numb nuts, do even remember this? Hey you're not that old lady in the Notebook are you? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Here are the top 4 draft prospects at QB. Smith will not ne there at 6. After that, it's very, very thin...

Like I said, perhaps multiple picks in later rds or a high pick next year.

However, I do not consider the Browns swapping first rd picks with the Pats plus getting Mallett a stupid trade. If you want him outright he's now worth a 2nd minimum. Why in heck would we take less than we drafted him at??

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1464129-nfl-draft-2013-breaking-down-best-quarterback-prospects

Based on the market, it wouldn't be.  Many had Mallett late 1st/early 2nd in 2011 and now 2 years later in a thin QB prospect market, he could be viewed as gold. One, because he's dirt cheap at 3rd rd money and has been trained in NE's system.

It's sort of like the reverse Favre/Rodgers situation in 2008.

Favre's value was bloated beacuse of his name and Rodgers was ready to go. Ironically, the best QB in the 2008 draft? Joe Flacco.

I would rather use my 6th overall on Mallett than Matt Barkley for many reasons, not even including the horrible track record USC QBs have in the NFL.

Oh lovely, now your a QB expert! Hey, rusty stick to tylenol sales/shelf restocking.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Don't forget that with Norv Turner now the OC in Cleveland, he loves the verticle game. Mallett has the big arm for that

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Fishing expedition, imo.

Look, I know you're jealous of the Pats, BB, etc, but you're not as dumb as you come across. Your jealousy is blinding you.

Here are the facts:

1. Mike Lombardi and BB are very tight to the point they basically talk on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. I know this, because before any move would happen with the Pats, Lombardi would have the exact info, mere hours before the move was announced. No other outlet would.  Not Bert Breer, not Schefter, not anyone. He would just be on there on NFLN, mention something like it was a done deal, and it was like clockwork.

Also, his analysis on anything BB did in the future, mirrored what BB did. I would usually only listen to his work on NFLN because it rock solid and consistent. 

2. Lombardi called the Weeden pick a "panicked disaster". It's on record. 

3. This is a VERY weak QB class in 2013 which would mean Mallett is arguably THE BEST QB pick available in the draft, better than Barkley or anyone else, MAINLY because of his cheap cost and TWO YEARS of tutoring under Brady.

There is no "fishing" here at all.

That's a direct B Line for Lombardi to fix a problem on the team he is now the GM of.

Get it?

Bludgeoned.

The question would be, how much does Lombardi want to pay.

I say, get a mid rder out of him as well and it's a deal.

So, you are on record as saying the pats will trade Mallett to the Browns for the #6 pick AND a middle round pick and the Browns will accept those terms? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Mallett is only under contract 2 more years.

If the Pats move him he's worth a 2nd. all day long.

If Brady plays 2 more seasons then Mallett ain't here anyway.

http://clnsradio.com/2013/01/26/should-the-patriots-consider-trading-ryan-mallett-this-offseason/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Fishing expedition, imo.

Look, I know you're jealous of the Pats, BB, etc, but you're not as dumb as you come across. Your jealousy is blinding you.

Here are the facts:

1. Mike Lombardi and BB are very tight to the point they basically talk on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. I know this, because before any move would happen with the Pats, Lombardi would have the exact info, mere hours before the move was announced. No other outlet would.  Not Bert Breer, not Schefter, not anyone. He would just be on there on NFLN, mention something like it was a done deal, and it was like clockwork.

Also, his analysis on anything BB did in the future, mirrored what BB did. I would usually only listen to his work on NFLN because it rock solid and consistent. 

2. Lombardi called the Weeden pick a "panicked disaster". It's on record. 

3. This is a VERY weak QB class in 2013 which would mean Mallett is arguably THE BEST QB pick available in the draft, better than Barkley or anyone else, MAINLY because of his cheap cost and TWO YEARS of tutoring under Brady.

There is no "fishing" here at all.

That's a direct B Line for Lombardi to fix a problem on the team he is now the GM of.

Get it?

Bludgeoned.

The question would be, how much does Lombardi want to pay.

I say, get a mid rder out of him as well and it's a deal.

So, you are on record as saying the pats will trade Mallett to the Browns for the #6 pick AND a middle round pick and the Browns will accept those terms? 

Hey, we can dream, Dogg.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts