Mallett to Browns???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Mallett to Browns???

In response to RockScully's comment:

Ask anyone outside NE and he wouldn't be called the GOAT. Leave NE for once, poopy pants.

If you walked into a sports bar and announced Brady is the GOAT, you'd be laughed all the way out the door.

More brilliance from junior. Shannon Sharpe and Boomer both called Brady the GOAT before the AGCCG bonehead. Are they in New England?

Junior bludgeoned again.

Been out of NE many times, overseas as well and lived outside NE too, goofball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Dude, it's one article.  Maybe hemmoraging was a tad off in terms of word choice, but there are a lot of teams struggling which is what I warned about into the lockout.

Jax, Buffalo, Minny, SD Chargers, Raiders...Really, it's a lot of teams who need new stadiums OR teams who are in good markets but have stunk for a while or duped their fans (Browns or Jets).

Just saying.

Lerner sold when the gettin' was good but there is no way on earth he can be happy with the ROI since 1999 with that new stadium in a hot market considering what was paid for it.

Anyway, this is a side discussion, but considering how many QBs the've blown through with Lombardi on record calling the Weeden choice by Holmgren a "panicked disaster" last year, I highly doubt Lombardi has changed his mind.

The quickest way to sell tickets, generate revenue and have it happened season to season as you build that revenue is to legitimately hit on a QB.

Not Mark Sanchez stuff, but a legit QB.

I agree that it is a side discussion. I personally do not believe any NFL team is "struggling" in reality. There are teams making more or less money than others. Some of the ones making less, want more so they created a division amongst the owners. 

Back to Mallett. I actually think getting anything more than what the Patriots spent on him (a third rounder) would be a good move. Especially, in a year that the Pats have limited draft picks.

From Cleveland's perspective, I think it is a terrible move. Go find your own "diamond in the rough" and pick him in the third round and hold on to the 6th overall pick when you are trying to build a team from the ground up. Maybe Lombardi really is that in love with Mallett.

Ultimately, I do not even understand why people think Lombardi is a good personnel guy. The only positive thing on his resume seems to be a friendship with BB and some time on TV. So that said, I want the Patriots to get as much as they can for Mallett. I do not care if it is a good deal for Cleveland and I do not care about BB's relationship with Lombardi. Unless, BB really plans on sticking around and replacing Brady with Mallett in the next 2-3 years, I say get as much for him as possible.

Lombardi never really had full control where he was before, but his appeal is that he is from BB;s tree. As was Pioli and Dimitrioff.

When I say owners struggling I mean struggling from their perspective as compared to those who aren't.

They all make money, but let's be honest, when you have a multi billion dollar enterprise like the NFL and you're down near the bottom like Jax is, or STL because of a bad stadium deal, you will do what you need to grow your business.

The thing is that Lombardi is not from Belichick's tree at all. He was a scout for the Bill Walsh 49ers and actually predated BB in Cleveland. Dimitroff had been working the NFL for ten years (never with BB) before coming to the Patriots. Pioli was not exactly a success running the Chiefs (a job he started by trading for the Pats back-up QB).

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

My 2 cents, the mythical "Mallett to Cleveland Trade" is wishful thinking.  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  I think Mallett will be holding a clip board in a Pats uni next year.

1. Lombardi doesn't like Weeden.

2. Lombardi and BB are friends.

3. Mallett was Lombardi's favorite QB in the 2011 draft.

I understand all of these things, and agree with them.  I'm just saying that this trade will never actually unfold.  Usually when there is this much speculation about player trades, they never actually unfold.  I'll bet Mallett is not a member of the Browns next season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Ask anyone outside NE and he wouldn't be called the GOAT. Leave NE for once, poopy pants.

If you walked into a sports bar and announced Brady is the GOAT, you'd be laughed all the way out the door.

More brilliance from junior. Shannon Sharpe and Boomer both called Brady the GOAT before the AGCCG bonehead. Are they in New England?

Junior bludgeoned again.

The GOAT doesn't have 3 straight awful AFC title games in a row.  They should have waited until AFTER the game.

No man in history has won more Championship games than Brady, bright boy.

Junior bludgeoned again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I remember watching Mallet in college and being impressed. Will the kid ever be elite? We don't know. I do think he can at least be a Joe Flacco-like QB (a good, but not elite, QB who can make most of the throws and limit his mistakes) in the future. 

If Lombardi truly believes in Mallet, it wouldn't shock me if he made the trade. GMs will do crazy things for players they believe can help.

I will say one other thing about Mallet. He seems pretty mobile for a guy his size (watching a few videos and from a few games I remember seeing).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Junior bludgeoned again.

The GOAT doesn't have 3 straight awful AFC title games in a row.  They should have waited until AFTER the game.

No man in history has won more Championship games than Brady, bright boy.

Junior bludgeoned again.

True, but two QBs have more Super Bowls. Which is more impressive?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The thing is that Lombardi is not from Belichick's tree at all. He was a scout for the Bill Walsh 49ers and actually predated BB in Cleveland. Dimitroff had been working the NFL for ten years (never with BB) before coming to the Patriots. Pioli was not exactly a success running the Chiefs (a job he started by trading for the Pats back-up QB).

They worked together in Cleveland.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I remember watching Mallet in college and being impressed. Will the kid ever be elite? We don't know. I do think he can at least be a Joe Flacco-like QB (a good, but not elite, QB who can make most of the throws and limit his mistakes) in the future. 

If Lombardi truly believes in Mallet, it wouldn't shock me if he made the trade. GMs will do crazy things for players they believe can help.

I will say one other thing about Mallet. He seems pretty mobile for a guy his size (watching a few videos and from a few games I remember seeing).

I remember watching Ron Brace in college and being impressed. I just couldn't help myself, I'm sorry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Mallet our first , and Lyold for the 6th 

Pick in round 1 and 4.

Then draft Dion Jordan.

Sign Bowe , Reed and maybe 

Boldin. 

Round 2 draft Elam , Stills or Tony 

Jefferson.

SHH I am dreaming

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

They worked together in Cleveland.

They did work together in Cleveland. My point was the Lombardi was actually already in Cleveland when BB was hired as a coach there. That was already Lombardi second NFL team. So I do not understand this idea that he is some how a BB disciple. It seems to me that they are friends at that is it. He did nothing in Oakland to make me think he has some winning formula for the NFL. I think that Cleveland will regret the hiring and he will last about as long as Pioli did in KC.

Sections
Shortcuts