Mallett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Mallett

I have had it with him tonight. He holds onto the ball way to long. Then he just gets sacked. Man Bill needs to make some upgrades to this team and fast.

Who would you all cut?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Mallett

In Response to Mallett:
    [QUOTE]I have had it with him tonight. He holds onto the ball way to long. Then he just gets sacked. Man Bill needs to make some upgrades to this team and fast. Who would you all cut?
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

Mallett!  Bring back O'Connell!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I have had it with Mallett. He has got sacked 8 times. He just stands there and holds onto the ball till they sack him. What the heck.

8 sacks.When brady was in this junk didn't go on. this is ridiculous. we should have won this game. Losing Sat. and now here.

and Miami won again today. Wow are we really going to be ready to play them guys? what do you all think?

Bill needs to make many cuts.

Oh well when we play them (giants) again in reg season we BETTER win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

mallett is a back up, the quick release is something that is most often mastered in the NFL, i am sure the pats QB coach will beat it into malletts head, if the opposing defenses don't beat him to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Mallett:
    [QUOTE]mallett is a back up, the quick release is something that is most often mastered in the NFL, i am sure the pats QB coach will beat it into malletts head, if the opposing defenses don't beat him to it.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Yep...And potential...Nobody is taking over for a few more years!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

and the nobody's blocking for him or at receiver had anything to do with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]I have had it with Mallett. He has got sacked 8 times. He just stands there and holds onto the ball till they sack him. What the heck. 8 sacks.When brady was in this junk didn't go on. this is ridiculous. we should have won this game. Losing Sat. and now here. and Miami won again today. Wow are we really going to be ready to play them guys? what do you all think? Bill needs to make many cuts. Oh well when we play them (giants) again in reg season we BETTER win.

Hmmmmm..... do you think that MAYBE the receivers he was supposed to be throwing to (none of them ever be confused with real NFL starters or All Pro's) weren't running their routes or getting open? 

Would you feel better if he just dumped the ball when feeling pressure? I canjust hear that "atta boy!" (He may not have gotten many yards or moved the team on scoring drives, but darn! He sure got rid of the rock really well!" (Somehow, I don't think so.) Or would you be on this board whining about how he doesn't give his WR's the time to get open, or didn't check down. Seems to me that the issue in this game as well as the Lions game was the OLine's inability to block my dead Grandma on a gurney with no wheels trying ro roll uphill into a hurricane type wind. We all know how Brady did vs the LIons.

He's a rookie! He wasn't drafted to be Brady's replacement this year, or next year, or maybe not for 3-5 years (See: Matt Cassell).  He's got to learn the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mallett : Hmmmmm..... do you think that MAYBE the receivers he was supposed to be throwing to (none of them ever be confused with real NFL starters or All Pro's) weren't running their routes or getting open?  Would you feel better if he just dumped the ball when feeling pressure? I canjust hear that "atta boy!" (He may not have gotten many yards or moved the team on scoring drives, but darn! He sure got rid of the rock really well!" (Somehow, I don't think so.) Or would you be on this board whining about how he doesn't give his WR's the time to get open, or didn't check down. Seems to me that the issue in this game as well as the Lions game was the OLine's inability to block my dead Grandma on a gurney with no wheels trying ro roll uphill into a hurricane type wind. We all know how Brady did vs the LIons. He's a rookie! He wasn't drafted to be Brady's replacement this year, or next year, or maybe not for 3-5 years (See: Matt Cassell).  He's got to learn the game.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

He's a rookie! He wasn't drafted to be Brady's replacement this year, or next year, or maybe not for 3-5 years  He's got to learn the game.

Nothing else has to be said...You are so right..For those that do not realize that or understand that......Ummmmm....Is all I can say!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

no need to be rude tcal. I was just making an observation. I just wasn't thinking of those blocking at the time of writing my post. Sorry to have offended you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mallett : He's a rookie! He wasn't drafted to be Brady's replacement this year, or next year, or maybe not for 3-5 years  He's got to learn the game. Nothing else has to be said...You are so right..For those that do not realize that or understand that......Ummmmm....Is all I can say!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I love realists! Let's all have this conversation in, say 5 years about the wisdom inn drafting him, or is someone out there is "sick of him".

I wonder if these same folks tell their kid to paint eh house by givi9ng him a brush and showing him how on a low sideboard. Nothing about eh eves or around windows. ANd then, when teh job obviously not done correctly, do they whine about teh kid? Send him away? Totally disown him? Just because he was given a brush and shown "side to side" does not a house painter make.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There is much more to it then just Mallet hanging onto the ball.  Nobody to throw to and kind of scrambling for his life back there.  Also, it's hard to throw it away when you can't get set and toss it out of bounds or to someone close by.  Not all his fault.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mallett : Thanks! I love realists! Let's all have this conversation in, say 5 years about the wisdom inn drafting him, or is someone out there is "sick of him". I wonder if these same folks tell their kid to paint eh house by givi9ng him a brush and showing him how on a low sideboard. Nothing about eh eves or around windows. ANd then, when teh job obviously not done correctly, do they whine about teh kid? Send him away? Totally disown him? Just because he was given a brush and shown "side to side" does not a house painter make.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about a 6th round pick from Michigan? LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

This was one of the drawbacks on Mallett.  So I'm hoping that the trading of Brady will not be mentioned any more.  Mallett is talented but he's got some learning to do.

You do not take the sack.  Film shows how you check down recievers and when you get rid of the ball. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

I'm glad the OP doesn't coach the Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]no need to be rude tcal. I was just making an observation. I just wasn't thinking of those blocking at the time of writing my post. Sorry to have offended you.

What did I say that was rude and why would you think I was offended?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]This was one of the drawbacks on Mallett.  So I'm hoping that the trading of Brady will not be mentioned any more.  Mallett is talented but he's got some learning to do. You do not take the sack.  Film shows how you check down recievers and when you get rid of the ball. 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

True, but "film" isn't rushing at you at 100 MPH, and trying to separate you from your senses, while trying to make THEIR team either.

Let's put it this way: IF Mallett had a perfect pre-season, would you start him ahead of Brady in game #1? I didn't think so. He was drafted to be a possible backup; maybe even trade bait, if other teams QB's didn't work out. Nothing more, nothing less. The QB of the future, as all "experts" on TV, including ALL networks, not just Killa's anti-Christ network, claimed, post draft? Let's just say this: NO ONE knows what college QB's are going to step it up in the coming years; they can only guess who the next Can't miss! Gotta have him! Big Thing! will be. (Hello Jamarcus Russell, Clausen, and McCoy!) Or, who the next Brady will be. (Hasn't happened yet since 2000.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Unless something has happened isn't he the backup to the backup, until hoyer gets cut or whatever he is the backup not mallett

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

LOL come on guys, all those sacks happened in the final minute of the game when mallet was told specifically not to take a timeout.

You know what happens for a defense when an offense tries to run the same play 7 times? The defense kind of has an idea of the blocking scheme, as well as where the recievers are going, thus easy sacks.

Also half of you wanted to trade hoyer 3 weeks ago because mallet was the second coming of christ. bunch of pink hats

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

Didnt we hear on here just a few weeks ago how mallett was the real deal blah blah blah?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

A rookie QB who missed the entire trainingcamp and you're fed up with him, man you have high expectations...  I feel for your children.  And what about that cannon of an arm?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he is and will be, he needs to work on his release, his reading of defenses, and the play action but i do believe that he will be a good professional player someday and will probably be better than the other QB's selected in this years draft. his route into the NFL worked for rogers, brady, cassel, etc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He did hold on to the the ball a bit too much.  He isn't particularly elusive.  But he's been in the system for what -- a month? His WRs were blanketed and his OL looked like they were taking bets to see who could get him injured first. 

I've seen some upside, but I also see a guy that needs a lot of grooming.  He's a prospect, and he won't see the field for quite a long time. 

Can some of you be serious with the "cut him" comments?  Clearly he needs work, but come on!  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Alright, just cut the bastid already!  Him and that Solder guy have no future in New England!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

WelkerRules has recently shown a tendency to go off the deep end a little bit.  During the game thread last night there was a comment from him about putting Brady back in after the Pats lost the lead.  I'm sure he's a nice guy, but slightly prone to overreaction.