Mallett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Mallett

The guy is the third Q.B.. and he's a project.  Give it time.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

preseason.....some things that get worked on are footwork, especially in pocket...he may be working on a variety of those type of things unbeknownst to us...preseason...doesn't matter who wins.....situational type things being practiced.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Wish they made internet granades so I could blow up this thread and everyone in it. 

Three NFL games under the dudes belt, and mostly with non-starters.....3

Not sure if it was to be sarcastic, c'mon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Excuse me. According to the kool-aide guzzling faithful, this is Brady's replacement you are talking about - the steal of the draft by the genius. The rest of the league passed on him until BB took him in the 3rd because they are all stupid. All the negative scouting reports about his abilities on the field be damned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Mallett:
    [QUOTE]He had great scouting reports on him cause he is a major talent babe his problem was off the field issues like smoking pot and drinking too much. His scouting reports had him as a 1st round talent. So what the heck are you talking about? Oh I get it you are just trying to find a way, any way, to bring down BB and his drafts. SOOOOOOO Transparent.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I saw a number of negative scouting reports that had nothing to do with his off field issues. He has a 1st rounfd arm. His decision making skills and ability to get out of his own way in the pocket were legitimatly questioned by some.

I see him as a guy who will be like Drew if he sticks, and nothing more. And that is a decent NFL QB but nothing more. He will take a lot of sacks and throw a lot of picks, but he does have a big arm.

As far as bringing down BB I have repeatedly praised his coaching. I have repeatedly said he is a good trader. I have repeatedly stated he is virtually infallible at knowing when to let a player go. He just isn't anything special with drafting or free agent signing.

But that is a huge "just" when you are acting as GM. If we didn't have Brady times would be fairly miserable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He's a rookie.  3 weeks ago half the people here were ready to put him in the HOF.  Personally I like Hoyer better but lets give the guy time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]He's a rookie.  3 weeks ago half the people here were ready to put him in the HOF.  Personally I like Hoyer better but lets give the guy time.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

If you recall, people were ready to crucify Cassel after a horrible pre-season. Then Brady got hurt and he stepped in (to a ridiculously weak schedule) and did a good job - so they loved him. Remember, most football fans have a window of cognition of +/- 2 weeks.

He might end up an ok QB, but it is extremely unlikely he will be anything more than that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I know you have Babe and lately you have not been a debbie downer but you do go out of your way to slam BB sometimes. So are you saying taking Ryan Mallet was a bad draft choice?

Yes. The whole draft was not optimal.

As far as Debbie I have said I liked BB's moves getting Haynesworth and the other DLs. Maybe he overpaid a bit for Ellis though. It may not work, but it was worth a shot. Something had to be done about this D and that certainly wan't done via the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

The Mallet cool aid must have been weak it wore off fast.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Welker Rules all you do is complain on here about this player and that player.  Mallet is a......ROOKIE.  the o line last night were........BACKUPS.......yes he has a long way to go bu wait intill the regular season starts before anyone gets judge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]So you didnt like the entire draft? Explain yourself if you dont mind.

He did not address what was an obvious need to the entire world - pass rush.

I felt there was an opportunity to move up and grab Quinn for LB who had dropped significantly because of BS off field issues and medical concerns that were likely ill founded (and we had the picks to trade up). And he could have got Carimi for the OL. We didn't need 2 RBs and we didn't need a QB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

unbeliveable  thread

but seriuosly I don't understand
    why we don't have a sure fire HoFamer
    as  our 3rd qb.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

2 points:

1) I bet a dollar the OP isn't a day over 18 - reads: young and impatient.

2) Babe, we get that you reaaaaally don't like BB's drafting. =]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]2 points: 1) I bet a dollar the OP isn't a day over 18 - reads: young and impatient. 2) Babe, we get that you reaaaaally don't like BB's drafting. =]
    Posted by fatsam72[/QUOTE]

I figured that was clear, but killa did ask me to elaborate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

he hasn't had any time. its tough to show much in a preseason game playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers, no blocking, and most of all being a rookie with no practice until a few weeks ago.. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He just needs practice. The guy is a noob who didn't have a training camp. He's got a heck of an arm. He needs a full season of practice and I think he'll learn to get rid of the ball. 

If he doesn't then he's going to be a Bledsoe type of player. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

Seriously, how many NFL games has he played?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

The Dolphins won last night in the 4th preseason game and the Patriots lost?  We're not ready for them a week from Monday night for the regular season.  Might as well forfeit the season.  Even though our first string unit played to the 17-3 lead on the Giants, the 3rd stringers lost it.  We're done!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If you recall, people were ready to crucify Cassel after a horrible pre-season. Then Brady got hurt and he stepped in (to a ridiculously weak schedule) and did a good job - so they loved him. Remember, most football fans have a window of cognition of +/- 2 weeks.

Don't look now but their doing it again.  that season for Cassel I had no idea how he stuck to the roster. He was horrible in preseason.

I think Mallet is well worth keeping. He did show some flashes and I think he has a longer down field arm then even Brady does. If he's willing to impersonate Arron Rogers riding the pine I bet he'll have a nice future.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

to this woozy person fed up as in of that moment in time not with him forever. Can't you even read. Fed up in that second of the game.
    Some of you brought up good pts. I didn't think of in the heat of the moment. I was just going by pats lost sat which again I paid several hundred dollars to see them lose and then turn around again a few days later and lose.

Until mallett was in we were ahead and just seems all went downhill from there. Oh well it is over. On to miami. Do you guys think we will whip em with 45 again? I know they are braging how good they are with Bush and some of their new guys.

Sections
Shortcuts