Maneri vs Butler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Maneri vs Butler

The Pats now have 3 OT and 6 DB at corner. Can anyone provide some insight to why Butler was not released if he is so bad. Maybe he is the kick off return man. Yes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Re: Maneri vs Butler

I liked Maneri.  Hopefully he makes it to the practice squad (doubtful).  He had more upside then Mark LeVoir, hence the Pats releasing LeVoir.  The Pats have only announced 4 practice squad signings.  Maybe they are holding out hope that Maneri clears waivers.

Rumor is that Butler tears it up in practice but that has not translated to game day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Pats always release bad CB's after 3 years and good ones after 5 years.  So he has another year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Like I've said before butler will benefit from the Patriots 4-3 Pass Rush so I dont see him going anywhere. If and only (IF) he doesn't have some what of a break out season then we can all say he was a failure, but till I see the front 4 bring pressure to QB's and allow the secondary to make plays I dont want to see him going anywhere. 

QB pressure's will cause mistake's that will allow the secondary to make plays on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

In Response to Re: Maneri vs Butler:
    [QUOTE]I liked Maneri.  Hopefully he makes it to the practice squad (doubtful).  He had more upside then Mark LeVoir, hence the Pats releasing LeVoir.  The Pats have only announced 4 practice squad signings.  Maybe they are holding out hope that Maneri clears waivers. Rumor is that Butler tears it up in practice but that has not translated to game day.
    Posted by ZachRudy[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard that but thats exciting! Where'd you see that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Sorry Aytee,

I read Patsfans.com which has links to The Globe, The Herald, ESPNBoston, WEEI, NESN and CSNNE.  I'm sorry, I don't have a link.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Are they thinking Butler will play the slot? It'll be interested to see who they put at that position on passing downs. I know there was some chatter about Bodden playing there, which would make sense if they put Butler out there on third down covering people downfield (you have to admit Butler has good skills but terrible football instincts). I hope they don't make chung cover top tier Welker clones like last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In Response to Re: Maneri vs Butler:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maneri vs Butler : I hadn't heard that but thats exciting! Where'd you see that?
    Posted by aytee[/QUOTE]

Sorry aytee , I have witnessed Darius Butler in practice numerous times and the only "tearing it up " I've witnessed is wr's repeatedly tearing him a new one.

My guess is one of three things is in play here regarding Maneri vs Butler

1) Butler is being held onto cuz of the recent injury issues of Bodden / Arrington / Dowling
    2) They are still trying to determine the worth of keeping Molden vs Butler
    3) Butler is being shopped around
    ( even semi -playable CBs have value in todays pass-happy NFL )

Look on the bright side...Whilhite is gone.