Mangini Mea Culpa on Spygate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Mangini Mea Culpa on Spygate

Though it's certainly many days late, and millions of dollars short, Eric Mangini has admitted making a mistake complaining about the Patriots' video taping activities...which the NY media converted into Spygate. Today, Mangini apologized to Tedy Bruschi, BB, Bob Kraft, and the entire Patriots' organization about the whole ordeal. "I was just trying to beat the Patriots", he said. "I didn't want to give them any advantage...even though taping as they were was not a significant advantage, I didn't want to make it convenient for them to do that in our stadium. Had I known what reporting them would lead to, I would have never done it.": http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/01/eric-mangini-regrets-turning-in-the-patriots-over-spygate/ 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Mangini Mea Culpa on Spygate

Day late dollar short. Bruschi should sack him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

As far as I'm concerned he'll always be a jealous rat. He can try and backtrack out but it means nothing. He was looking for anything he could find to shorten the gap between he and BB and sold out to the devil. I also think this is why fueld my vile hatred towards the Jets and the entire city of NY and all it's fans. I can only hope and pray that someday the Pats win one more and BB stands at the podium in city hall plaza and does his best Larry Bird imitation and tells Mangoni to eat s hit!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Too late. He is and always will be a cretin. Though I do believe he never imagined it would be blown up the way it was.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

one of the better NFL Live ESPN has ever done. Bruschi and Mangini answering questions about Harbaugh s comments. Bruschi passionate as always stating clearly his feelings about what happened and how he felt as a player. He said he knows what it took to win the games they did and feels "good in his skin" about winning the super bowls. Mangini wishing he had not done it and did not expect it to get blown out of proportion the way it did. Bruschi saying he has to defend it when a coach makes comments about it and doesn't care when the media comments about it. He acknowledged Harbaugh emailed him and he commented back ---but only as Tedy can do he ended with this-- John Harbaugh knows hard hard it is to get to the Super bow-l a dropped pass in the end zone- a missed kick-- they blew it they had a chance to go to the super bowl and they blew it..  Love you Tedy!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I feel bad for Mangini he is such a victim in this whole situation!  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

he still is a punk

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I watched it too. It was good to hear Mangini finally say it, even though he was four years late.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Screw him.....he turned on the man that made him...Bruschi should sack.him! I would never trust that rat ever again...like turning on parents...hate him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: Mangini Mea Culpa on Spygate:
    [QUOTE]I watched it too. It was good to hear Mangini finally say it, even though he was four years late.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

yes digger by watching this I feel I can let it go-- honestly it was like a scab I kept picking at. now I'm over it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]yes digger by watching this I feel I can let it go-- honestly it was like a scab I kept picking at. now I'm over it.
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]
    Laughing
    Me too. Good way to put it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Here's the ESPN video from Mike Reiss:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4721543/video-mangini-bruschi-react-to-harbaugh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Here's the ESPN video from Mike Reiss: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4721543/video-mangini-bruschi-react-to-harbaugh
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the cite...just watched the ESPN video. Gotta love Tedy!

As for Mangini, he does appear to really regret setting off the video-taping controversy, and seeing it mushroom out of control like it did. From watching Tedy while Mangini was speaking, I got the impression that Tedy believed him, too. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Mangini regrets it because nobody in the NFL will give him a job.  He knows nobody will hire him as a coach knowing he ratted out his old boss.  If some organization has the smallest thing to hide they aren't hiring Mangini onto a coaching staff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7877552/john-harbaugh-baltimore-ravens-new-england-patriots-titles-stained-spygate

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Yeah...he was a rat and he should have thought a few steps ahead before pulling the trigger on saying something.  He wasn't wrong to ask the Patriots to stop doing it...so let's not forget that.  He did the right thing...but this is one of those times when collateral damage is so much worse than the the initial hit.  I feel bad for him in some ways...because he's alienated himself to everyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah...he was a rat and he should have thought a few steps ahead before pulling the trigger on saying something.  He wasn't wrong to ask the Patriots to stop doing it...so let's not forget that.  He did the right thing...but this is one of those times when collateral damage is so much worse than the the initial hit.  I feel bad for him in some ways...because he's alienated himself to everyone.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

I believe him when he says that he had no idea that his complaint over tyhe Pats' video-taping would spiral so out of control, as it did. His claim that he did not see the taping as providing any kind of a significant advantage, and that he just complained because he didn't want to make it convenient for the Pats to video-tape on the Jets' home field...is yet further indication that the media made a mountain out of a mole hill...and that this was much ado about nothing. Goodell over-reacted. A lower, yet significant fine than given (say...$250,000 to both BB and the team)...would have been quite sufficient. There was no need to fine BB and the Pats as he did, and to strip them of their 2008 #1 pick. This harsh, overbearing punishment by Goodell is what gave the the media fodder to speculate that this rules infraction was very serious. Otherwise, this would have been a minor story...forgotten in less than a month.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

F Mangini

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I know, I get the hate on Mangini, that was a dirtbag thing he did but there is no doubt, regardless of his motives, he owned up to his mistake today that he made an error in judgement and regrets the decision he made to bring up spygate.  The dude owned up to it today, props for him  for doing that.  Plus the dude is one of the better guys on ESPN when talking about football, he talks highly of the Patriots.  While I can't look past what he did with the whole spygate thing, I can at least appreciate what he is doing now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to "Re: Mangini Mea Culpa on Spygate": [QUOTE]I know, I get the hate on Mangini, that was a dirtbag thing he did but there is no doubt, regardless of his motives, he owned up to his mistake today that he made an error in judgement and regrets the decision he made to bring up spygate.  The dude owned up to it today, props for him  for doing that.  Plus the dude is one of the better guys on ESPN when talking about football, he talks highly of the Patriots.  While I can't look past what he did with the whole spygate thing, I can at least appreciate what he is doing now. Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE] Hey TFB ever get a chance to work on that illustration ...of having BB as the mad scientist....Brady as Franken-Brady and Gisele as the assistant .....back to the drawing board theme.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mangini Mea Culpa on Spygate :      I believe him when he says that he had no idea that his complaint over tyhe Pats' video-taping would spiral so out of control, as it did. His claim that he did not see the taping as providing any kind of a significant advantage, and that he just complained because he didn't want to make it convenient for the Pats to video-tape on the Jets' home field...is yet further indication that the media made a mountain out of a mole hill...and that this was much ado about nothing. Goodell over-reacted. A lower, yet significant fine than given (say...$250,000 to both BB and the team)...would have been quite sufficient. There was no need to fine BB and the Pats as he did, and to strip them of their 2008 #1 pick. This harsh, overbearing punishment by Goodell is what gave the the media fodder to speculate that this rules infraction was very serious. Otherwise, this would have been a minor story...forgotten in less than a month.  
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

I completely agree and I very much believe Mangini when he says he never thought it would be blown so far out of proportion.

He underestimated two things: Goodell's massive ego and the media's intense dislike for Belichick.

Add those two things together and you end up with the pigskin equivalent of jaywalking turned into a double homicide through the media-perception lens..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Mangini = Rat Fink

Maybe he didn't think Roger and the league would come down like a hammer on the Pats. But then it means he just doesn't think.
    He could have handled the situation of Pats taping in plain sight a number of other ways.
    I well remember the hostility directed at the Pats who were unstoppable.
    Mangini wanted to bring BB down.

No forgiveness.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

To quote John Thompson: "To err is human, to forgive is not my policy."