Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets

The early word on this trade from a few sports writers is the Jets made a bad decision.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

well it seems to me that the jets didn't give up that much to get edwards. he's a talented guy but his value is at an all time low right now. i think it was a good move by the jets; i certainly would have been happy to bring him in here if all it cost was a 3rd and 5th and some spare parts. we gave up more to get burgess and he has been a bust so far.
    i think edwards will pay dividends in the short term. rexy the hut will be able to motivate him for now and being in a better locker room will make a big difference too. but in the long run the temptations of living in new york plus the media scrutiny will bring him down. but for this season at least, he makes their defense dangerous. this move worries me.
    i would really like to see us bring in another receiver or pass rusher to help counter this move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

How does he make their D dangerous?

he makes their defense dangerous. this move worries me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets:
    How does he make their D dangerous? he makes their defense dangerous. this move worries me.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I guess if he's tough enough to punch a 160 lb friend of LeBron's he's tough enough to play defense!! HEH HEH

I give Edwards a lot of credit, he wanted out and he found the best way to get there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Please, Edwards has not been in the endzone yet this year. None event. We have played against real receivers like Mason, Owens, Hines etc this is no big deal

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

The Jets have Braylon Edwards, it still sin't going to make a difference. The Jets played the Pats without their most productive receiver and with a rusty Brady. The rematch in Fosboro is going to be an absolute bloodbath. The Jets should count their blessings they got a chance to play the Pats while Brady was still getting his legs under him. The Jets probably won't even make the playoffs and if they do it will be a typical early exit in traditional Jets fashion. The Pats will finish 13-3 with the number 2 seed (behind Indy) and the Jets will be going on 41 years as the biggest jokes in American sports history. The last time the Jets won anything, Vietnam was far from over, 8 American presidents have come and gone, disco was about tho break onto the American music scene and a man had yet to land on the moon. A long history of Jets failure will only continue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

This sounds like good news. First of all, we won't have to deal twice a year with Stuckey, who was beginning to remind me of one of those Brandon Stokely type receivers who always seem to come out of the woodwork just in time to ruin your day. Occasionally, Edwards makes a spectacular catch, which tends to make you forget that he dropped the previous nine passes. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Wait, we're talking about the guy who was partying with Dante Stallworth the night he killed someone, the guy who was got caught driving 120mph and the guy the Cleveland police are still looking at for punching a 130lb guy (James buddy) at a night club Monday night. He's also being looked at for a suspension from the league for that incident. 

And this guy's going to the city that never sleeps?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"And this guy's going to the city that never sleeps?"

East Rutherford sleeps soundly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

How does he make their D dangerous? he makes their defense dangerous. this move worries me.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

oops. i meant offense. its early in the morning give me a break! anyway my point was that they didnt have a guy with his talent yesterday and now they do. but hopefully his weird behavior and butterfingers will continue to make him a bust. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Didn't the Jets also give up future picks to the Browns for Sanchez? This is starting to look like their make or break year. Guess it's Super Bowl or Bust for the Jets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets : oops. i meant offense. its early in the morning give me a break! anyway my point was that they didnt have a guy with his talent yesterday and now they do. but hopefully his weird behavior and butterfingers will continue to make him a bust. 
    Posted by artielang

Gotcha, didn't know if I was missing something. He'll probably mess up before he even gets on the field. He may have a four game suspension coming his way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplaye. Show dplaye's posts

Braylon Edwards has talent. He also a was problem with Cleveland but two years ago he caught 80 passes and 16TD's . He has size,speed and has been successful in the NFL. Does he have the right attitude and the heart , will well find out. This could be a big boost to The Jets passing game. Lets hope it doesn't help them too much but it will help them. The believe the Jets got better today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

who covered Braylon in practice?

thats right Leigh Bodden

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The only people who need to be afraid are the people of New York.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Didn't the Jets also give up future picks to the Browns for Sanchez? This is starting to look like their make or break year. Guess it's Super Bowl or Bust for the Jets.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

It'll be a bust because the Pats are going to the Superbowl.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If we didn't have, aruguably, the best safeties (maybe top 3. Polamalu and Clark are pretty good.) in the NFL I would be worried. McGowan and Merriweather (The Brand(on) names) are going to increase Braylon's drops. Bodden is a SDC to right, and Butler looked great (He might have taken Wilhite's job) on sunday. The biggest problem on sunday was the Run defense (Maybe it was just Ray Rice), but it will only get better with Mayo back on the field. 

Sanchez is going to get touched alot more than Flacco (9) in November. We all know what Sanchez looks like after he gets his clock cleaned. The D doesn't need attention, the Offense needs it. Who replaces Galloway if this is his lasy hooray?

The 'Mintuemen defense' is for real. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

the ONLY reason the pats lost to the jets was red zone efficiency and DEFENSE 

well the defense question has been answered and by the time we play the jets the pats may very well have a BETTER defense than the jets

thats right i said it

Terrible move. Their next 2 years of the draft are scre   wed for the Jets. 

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR NOV 22nd

its almost like christmas to me

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Marvin Harrison? Would love to bring him in as No.3 and just run those out routes all day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

yuck

how can you run an out route with a walker

im good with aiken edelman and the possibility of tate

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

Harrison is holding out for major dough. He said he is fine with not playing if he does not get paid what he wants. We should convince him to sign to stick it to the Colts a la Brett favre as revenge for them taking Vinateri.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' an analysis of the Edwards trade: http://www.newsday.com/blogs/sports/glauber-s-nfl-hot-reads-1.811959/does-braylon-edwards-make-the-jets-a-better-team-1.1506715

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

well it seems to me that the jets didn't give up that much to get edwards. he's a talented guy but his value is at an all time low right now. i think it was a good move by the jets; i certainly would have been happy to bring him in here if all it cost was a 3rd and 5th and some spare parts. we gave up more to get burgess and he has been a bust so far. i think edwards will pay dividends in the short term. rexy the hut will be able to motivate him for now and being in a better locker room will make a big difference too. but in the long run the temptations of living in new york plus the media scrutiny will bring him down. but for this season at least, he makes their defense dangerous. this move worries me. i would really like to see us bring in another receiver or pass rusher to help counter this move.
    Posted by artielang

Huh?  Since when is a 3rd and 5th round pick more than a 3rd and 5th round pick + 2 players?

I am not sure why you are calling him a bust....unless you expected him to be a superstar.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Stucky for Edwards is practicely a wash. Edwards is more explosive, but Stuckey has better hands.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon1776. Show Leon1776's posts

I see the obsession with everything New York Sports is alive and well in beantown....Shocker!

Sections
Shortcuts