Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets

In Response to Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets:
    I see the obsession with everything New York Sports is alive and well in beantown....Shocker!
    Posted by Leon1776

change your name all you want you are still a doosh

hang out on your new york websites you troll 

and you want to talk about obsession lol

what a loser

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In Response to Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets : Huh?  Since when is a 3rd and 5th round pick more than a 3rd and 5th round pick + 2 players? I am not sure why you are calling him a bust....unless you expected him to be a superstar.
    Posted by m1020us

oh right my mistake, i forgot the 4th rounder got changed to a fifth. hmm i keep making mistakes on this thread, maybe i should just shut up.
    but when i was refering to burgess being a bust, it was because i was expecting him to put a little pressure on the QB, maybe get a few sacks. i wasn't expecting a superstar, just a few QB hurries. i think he has been pretty much invisible...do you disagree? as far as i have seen, the only two players that generate any pressure out of the four man front are TBC and jarvis green. burgess was brought here to be that guy and he hasn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JOBES. Show JOBES's posts

wow, most Pats fans didnd't even know who Chansi Stuckey was before today but by reading these posts, you'd think he was an All-Pro receiver!!  and Bodden knows Edwards' tendencies so there's no way he'll catch a pass against the Patsies, correct?  what a sharp bunch you have here on these Patsie boards!! The Jets give up a back up type receiver, a special teamer, a 3rd and 5th rounder for a 26 yr old who averages over 15 yards a catch for his career.   He's a risk but well worth that price.  Take off your Jet hating blinders, I know it's tough cuz that spankin' they gave ya's is fresh in your minds, but take 'em off and admit this is a good move by the J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!

p.s. - Calvin Pace can't wait to get his piece of skirt wearin' Brady!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

I see the obsession with everything New York Sports is alive and well in beantown....Shocker!
    Posted by Leon1776

I GUESS YOU DONT SEE THE COUNTLESS NY TROLLS THAT VISIT BOSTON ON A DAILY BASIS. WERE OBSESSED WITH NEW YORK BUT YOU ARE ON THE BOSTON GLOBE? THAT'S BRILLIANT EVEN BY NY TROGLODYTE STANDARDS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

wow, most Pats fans didnd't even know who Chansi Stuckey was before today but by reading these posts, you'd think he was an All-Pro receiver!!  and Bodden knows Edwards' tendencies so there's no way he'll catch a pass against the Patsies, correct?  what a sharp bunch you have here on these Patsie boards!! The Jets give up a back up type receiver, a special teamer, a 3rd and 5th rounder for a 26 yr old who averages over 15 yards a catch for his career.   He's a risk but well worth that price.  Take off your Jet hating blinders, I know it's tugh cuz that spankin' they gave ya's is fresh in your minds, but take 'em off and admit this is a good move by the J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!! p.s. - Calvin Pace can't wait to get his piece of skirt wearin' Brady!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by JOBES

JEROD Mayo can't wait to get his hands on Sanchez either, and Welker is pretty anxious to carve up the Jets (Jr Ravens) like he did to the real Ravens. 40 long years since the Jets won a ring. i don't even think they were giving rings out for Super Bowls back then and if they were, they looked like my college ring, not those three babies to the left of this post. The Jets are going to get laughed out of Foxboro. I know how bitter you are being a Jets fan. All of New england were Jets fans for one game last year when they had to beat Miami and we all witnessed first hand the misery of putting all of your eggs in the Jets basket. Needless to say, the Jets failed like they always do and finished with a worse record than a Patriots team without their starting QB. The Jets are synonymous with sports failure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I know we all support the Pats, but we must acept this is a good trade for the jets... another good reciever in the division...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

well it seems to me that the jets didn't give up that much to get edwards. he's a talented guy but his value is at an all time low right now. i think it was a good move by the jets; i certainly would have been happy to bring him in here if all it cost was a 3rd and 5th and some spare parts. we gave up more to get burgess and he has been a bust so far. i think edwards will pay dividends in the short term. rexy the hut will be able to motivate him for now and being in a better locker room will make a big difference too. but in the long run the temptations of living in new york plus the media scrutiny will bring him down. but for this season at least, he makes their defense dangerous. this move worries me. i would really like to see us bring in another receiver or pass rusher to help counter this move.
    Posted by artielang

we gave up more to get burgess and he has been a bust so far - really?  He's ALREADY back with the Ravens!  Some big Pat fan! ha!
    he makes their defense dangerous- Since when is Braylon on the D side of the ball?  Wow.....................roflmaooooooooooo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

In Response to Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets : JEROD Mayo can't wait to get his hands on Sanchez either, and Welker is pretty anxious to carve up the Jets (Jr Ravens) like he did to the real Ravens. 40 long years since the Jets won a ring. i don't even think they were giving rings out for Super Bowls back then and if they were, they looked like my college ring, not those three babies to the left of this post. The Jets are going to get laughed out of Foxboro. I know how bitter you are being a Jets fan. All of New england were Jets fans for one game last year when they had to beat Miami and we all witnessed first hand the misery of putting all of your eggs in the Jets basket. Needless to say, the Jets failed like they always do and finished with a worse record than a Patriots team without their starting QB. The Jets are synonymous with sports failure.
    Posted by Diesel12

Did you ever think that at that point, the Jets cared more about keeping the Pats OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS and happy for their good friend Chad Pennington?  I know all of us Jet fans were!  roflmao!  Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

What was missing the first time N.E played the jets

The Pats Defense

What has come alive over the past couple of weeks and continues to improve without its star player

The Pats Defense

Who is going to walk all over the Sanchize

yes... thats right

The Pats Defense

and dont forget you Jets losers

you are in our house next time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

They probably had to get him out of Cleveland ASAP before people rioted at the behest of King James.  Evidently, he punched one of LeBron's friends in the face and was taking heat for it from James himself.  Since the city wants desperately to re-sign James, it wasn't a good move by Edwards to make James as an enemy.  As a matter of opinion, I'd say it's probably not a good idea to make enemies with James regardless without good reason, but definitely not in Cleveland.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"I see the obsession with everything New York Sports is alive and well in beantown....Shocker!"

The Jets play in New Jersey. Rand McNally won't be needing you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Best thing they have ever did, More Butterfingers for the Jets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

My REAL question here:

Is Mangini TANKING the season?  He's traded two of the team's best players.  I think he wants Sam Bradford...

Maybe we can hustle him for Joe Thomas or D'Qwell Jackson...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

wow, most Pats fans didnd't even know who Chansi Stuckey was before today but by reading these posts, you'd think he was an All-Pro receiver!!  and Bodden knows Edwards' tendencies so there's no way he'll catch a pass against the Patsies, correct?  what a sharp bunch you have here on these Patsie boards!! The Jets give up a back up type receiver, a special teamer, a 3rd and 5th rounder for a 26 yr old who averages over 15 yards a catch for his career.   He's a risk but well worth that price.  Take off your Jet hating blinders, I know it's tough cuz that spankin' they gave ya's is fresh in your minds, but take 'em off and admit this is a good move by the J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!! p.s. - Calvin Pace can't wait to get his piece of skirt wearin' Brady!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by JOBES

great move by the jets, but remember one thing they are still the jets. until they take control of the east they are still the jets. maybe in that new stadium at the ghettolands you too can hang some superbowl banners, oh thats right the giants are the only team that knows how to win in ny. get over being a fan of a loser organization, in the shadow of the giants first, then come and talk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

What's uglier, the Jets history or their throwback uniforms? The funny part is, it took a choking Jets to keep a Brady-less Pats out of the playoffs last year. I remember when everyone in New York had a giants/Jets Super Bowl destined after week 10. Talk about oeverreacting. Any Jets fans with a shred of objectivity knows that their team is playing for a wild card that they likely won't get. The Jets are just jealous because Belichek told New York to kick rocks and started his dynasty in New England. hey Jets fnas, just think how different your history would be if BB didn't despise New York. Those three rings next to my name would have a Jets emblem on them and Brady would be your golden boy. We would be the ones trolling the NY papers talking about week 2 wins like they were the Super Bowl. Thank god that Ny is such a detestable place the Belichek wanted nothing to do with it. Now we're the decades team and the jets are still.. well... the Jets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

WOW, now we're really in trouble
    Posted by NEGAME

How so?! He can't use his god given talent to catch the ball he's being paid to, but, he can certainly use those hands to allegedly beat up people he doesn't like. The Jets lose Stuckey, a LB and future undisclosed draft picks. 
    That shows me they're desperate to supplant the Patriots, to the point they're willing to trade picks and productive player(s) for an underperforming first round draft pick.

Welcome to NJ! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

edwards is real talented,and with a system like the jets he  can be like he was two years ago.plus sanchez most of the time has all day to throw.so yes the jets got better.
    Posted by mosseffect43
    As is so often Moss I agree withy you ...Edwards is a great talent given the proper outlook and playing for a winner...The Jets DID get better !! Our new General Manager should get off the field and tend to business ...In case nobody has noticed things have not changed in the 3rd receiver spot..Aikens, 
    like Galloway looks like he couldn't catch a cold and we don't even make an enquirey about Edwards ??? Come on kids the defense doing well is only half the picture !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

My REAL question here: Is Mangini TANKING the season?  He's traded two of the team's best players.  I think he wants Sam Bradford... Maybe we can hustle him for Joe Thomas or D'Qwell Jackson...
    Posted by NickC1188
       Imagine that Nick !!! I would give him a 1rst and 2nd round draft choice for Thomas  and throw in Maroney and Galloway for gift wrap !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

You guys are amazing.  Wasn't this the same thing that was being said about Moss?  Braylon is a great pick for the Jets and bad for the Patriots. 

Winning will cure all ills and Braylon will have a great year.  And remember dropping balls when Crennell and Mangini is your coach is alot different then dropping balls with Rex Ryan as your coach.  He will get in his face and may even challenge him to a fight if he drops the ball.  Braylon will be the Patriot killer in the rematch.  Oh and by the way Pace comes back so the Jets just got stronger on defense too.  Enjoy second place Patriot fans................   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

My real question here is;

Are the two deals related? I seen something on another thread that calls out the signing of Crabtree and Edwards the same hour being tied into the Jets being accused of tampering by the 9ers. 

Sounds bogus to me and Mangina's right in the middle. It may be a coincidence I guess?

Thoughts?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

My REAL question here: Is Mangini TANKING the season?  He's traded two of the team's best players.  I think he wants Sam Bradford... Maybe we can hustle him for Joe Thomas or D'Qwell Jackson...
    Posted by NickC1188

Forget Bradford

Locker is the real gem

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

I am not sure this is a good deal for the Jets, I can see Jet fans being excited about it because they'll think Braylon of 2007 will be on their team.  The problem is Braylon couldn't take the fans in Cleveland, he even supposedly said he was going to stop donating to charities because the fans booed him too much.  Now he's in NY where the media scrutiny is much worse and the fans are the same fans that cheered when their own starter QB(pennington) got injured.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm pretty sure if someone knows how to deal with Edwards, it is Leigh Bodden.  So at least we will know what we are up against.  But if he is suspended, even better.  I remember Mangini's first year with the Jets, he was a hero.  Whatever.  They got their best shot against a wobble Pats offense and defense at their place.  NOW they gotta come face the beast at our place.  We'll just see.  They gave it their best and only JUST came away with a win before.  Let's send them into that season ending tailspin we all enjoy watching every year.  P.S.  I for one am REALLY enjoying Miami sucking this year.  Serves you right, dopes!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

The Jets are a joke. Case in point, 40 years and counting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Despite all that we point out that is bad w/ this trade, I would still like to point out that Braylon Edwards is one heck of a player. 

Sections
Shortcuts