Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets

In Response to Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets:
    [QUOTE]Please, Edwards has not been in the endzone yet this year. None event. We have played against real receivers like Mason, Owens, Hines etc this is no big deal
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE] this is true,but we are talking about the lousy browns.add edwards to a team that gives there qb all day to throw,he could be like he was two years ago.i may not like the jets,but they have improved themselves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets:
    [QUOTE]not much info on it but according to ESPN it happened
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

That's perfect. Give a rookie QB a WR that can't catch a ball thrown his way. Way to build up confidence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon98. Show Leon98's posts

Hey -Random thought here-Did any of you ever see the South Park episode that completely and totally trash BB,the pats,brady and the fan base.LOL it's a must watch for any pats fan!

The gist of the story is how the rest of the country perceives the pats as cheats and they have a low life s cu m bag for a coach.
    They bust mostly on the ne fans by being blinded by BB and that anything that he does is OK.You see Spygate wasn't OK and that's why everybody hates the pats....get it?

LOL-How are ya!?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

[QUOTE]What's uglier, the Jets history or their throwback uniforms? The funny part is, it took a choking Jets to keep a Brady-less Pats out of the playoffs last year. I remember when everyone in New York had a giants/Jets Super Bowl destined after week 10. Talk about oeverreacting. Any Jets fans with a shred of objectivity knows that their team is playing for a wild card that they likely won't get. The Jets are just jealous because Belichek told New York to kick rocks and started his dynasty in New England. hey Jets fnas, just think how different your history would be if BB didn't despise New York. Those three rings next to my name would have a Jets emblem on them and Brady would be your golden boy. We would be the ones trolling the NY papers talking about week 2 wins like they were the Super Bowl. Thank god that Ny is such a detestable place the Belichek wanted nothing to do with it. Now we're the decades team and the jets are still.. well... the Jets.
    Posted by Diesel12[/QUOTE]
    You post like some zit-faced teen.  Get over yourself and stop living off of someone else's success.  You discredit the intelligent Patriot Fan
    The more angry Pat fan posts I read, the better I feel about the Edwards trade.  I know that you all would not be making such ridiculous posts if you did not feel your Pats were threatened.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets : You post like some zit-faced teen.  Get over yourself and stop living off of someone else's success.  You discredit the intelligent Patriot Fan The more angry Pat fan posts I read, the better I feel about the Edwards trade.  I know that you all would not be making such ridiculous posts if you did not feel your Pats were threatened.
    Posted by MYNJJets[/QUOTE]

He has serious potential to be a top ten receiver but;
    He's had more drops than any other receiver since 2007.
    He didn't take negative press well in Cleveland so if the drops continue what's NY going to do to him?
    Can he put the team first for once and stay off the front page?
    How are the Jets fans going to feel when he gets a four game suspension from the league for wacking that 130lb friend of Brons?
    Can the rookie get him the ball?

Even if he does work out he's just another good skill player that BB will plan against. He's doing it right now with Marshall like he did it last week with Mason.

Don't sweat it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Bodden played him when he was with the Browns and he shut him down so im not worried

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

A lot of people were saying the same thing when the Patriots signed Randy Moss. Not about 'off field problems', but about being a team player. Sometimes a change of scenery does some players alot of good. I have to agree with most of you that Edwards has been known to drop some passes, but he is also a pretty good talent. I think alot of it will depend on whether the Jets can continue to win. Winning always seems to cure alot things.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets :      Be cool, Gamer. Edwards is a thug. He reportedly attacked a pint-sized friend of basketball star LaBron James in a bar. Apparently, this was the final straw that broke the camel's back...as far as Edwards staying in Cleveland: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/ 1254904398122030.xml&coll=2 .      Heres' more: http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/63635297.html  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

That's what they all said about Randy Moss and what allowed us to get him so cheap. Mangini needs to get fired be before he sends whatever good players they have left to his old friend for next-to-nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]My REAL question here: Is Mangini TANKING the season?  He's traded two of the team's best players.  I think he wants Sam Bradford... Maybe we can hustle him for Joe Thomas or D'Qwell Jackson...
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Harsh, Nick, very harsh. True, but harsh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]My real question here is; Are the two deals related? I seen something on another thread that calls out the signing of Crabtree and Edwards the same hour being tied into the Jets being accused of tampering by the 9ers.  Sounds bogus to me and Mangina's right in the middle. It may be a coincidence I guess? Thoughts?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Mangini is too stupid to be part of any plot that makes sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]If we didn't have, aruguably, the best safeties (maybe top 3. Polamalu and Clark are pretty good.) in the NFL I would be worried. McGowan and Merriweather (The Brand(on) names) are going to increase Braylon's drops. Bodden is a SDC to right, and Butler looked great (He might have taken Wilhite's job) on sunday. The biggest problem on sunday was the Run defense (Maybe it was just Ray Rice), but it will only get better with Mayo back on the field.  Sanchez is going to get touched alot more than Flacco (9) in November. We all know what Sanchez looks like after he gets his clock cleaned. The D doesn't need attention, the Offense needs it. Who replaces Galloway if this is his lasy hooray? The 'Mintuemen defense' is for real. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

The "Minutemen Defense".... oh, I get it...their wives/gf's/hos gave them that name. Now it makes sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]they bring in guys like edwards they get back there big time free agent LB calvin pace from suspension,and we bring in 40 yr old seau.at least it didnt cost us anything.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Getting Calkvin Pace back to replace Gholston is more worrrisome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of people were saying the same thing when the Patriots signed Randy Moss. Not about 'off field problems', but about being a team player. Sometimes a change of scenery does some players alot of good. I have to agree with most of you that Edwards has been known to drop some passes, but he is also a pretty good talent. I think alot of it will depend on whether the Jets can continue to win. Winning always seems to cure alot things.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Tend to agree. But, Edwards has an assault charge hanging over his head. At the very least, it would seem that he'd be subject to discipline. But, then again, with "Jets" Goodell calling the shots, I doubt there will be much reprecussions from the league.

Looks like a decent gamble by the Gothams. They didn't give up that much for Edwards...so...they don't have much to lose. If the guy pans out, the Greenshirts got themselves a young, top flight WR.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets : we gave up more to get burgess and he has been a bust so far - really?  He's ALREADY back with the Ravens!  Some big Pat fan! ha! he makes their defense dangerous - Since when is Braylon on the D side of the ball?  Wow.....................roflmaooooooooooo
    Posted by MYNJJets[/QUOTE]
    Prescott Burgess camme from Balt on a conditional 7th rd pick.They grabbed him back off our practice squad and we owe them nothing. Derrick Burgess came from Oak for a 3rd and 5th rd pick.He has 8 tackles and a sack.Two different players fool.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

"Personal conduct is important to me," Mangini said.

I think I just crapped myself laughing. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of people were saying the same thing when the Patriots signed Randy Moss. Not about 'off field problems', but about being a team player. Sometimes a change of scenery does some players alot of good. I have to agree with most of you that Edwards has been known to drop some passes, but he is also a pretty good talent. I think alot of it will depend on whether the Jets can continue to win. Winning always seems to cure alot things.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Different locker room and attitude between the Pats and Jets. Rex Ryan is considered a player's coach. You can see the thug attitude and excuse making that occurred in Baltimore (and still goes on because of Harbaugh). While I like what Ryan has done with the Jets, I wouldn't be surprised if he has some of that type of attitude with him, too. And that type of attitude in a locker room is a poor breeding ground for players like Edwards.

I am not saying it will happen because I don't know how much of that type of behavior Ryan tolerates. I am saying it is a distinct possibility.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mangini trades Braylon Edwards to the Jets : Different locker room and attitude between the Pats and Jets. Rex Ryan is considered a player's coach. You can see the thug attitude and excuse making that occurred in Baltimore (and still goes on because of Harbaugh). While I like what Ryan has done with the Jets, I wouldn't be surprised if he has some of that type of attitude with him, too. And that type of attitude in a locker room is a poor breeding ground for players like Edwards. I am not saying it will happen because I don't know how much of that type of behavior Ryan tolerates. I am saying it is a distinct possibility.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

You bring up a good point about 'different' locker-room. If the Jets start to lose, I agree there's a good possibility things could go downhill quick with Edwards. I just think it's a good gamble for the Jets, because of his talent.  Only time will tell!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

after watching what he did monday night...i'm worried. i know ratgini wouldn't have traded him to us, but it does seem like the jets keep getting good talent in trades and free agency. how do they have the cap space for all this? its annoying. we need more talent on this team, period.