Manhattan Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Manhattan Sunday

Heading into Manhattan Sunday for a conference. Conference hotel is off Times Square. Any thoughts on where I might catch the Pats/Bengals game nearby?

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Manhattan Sunday

In response to ATJ's comment:

Heading into Manhattan Sunday for a conference. Conference hotel is off Times Square. Any thoughts on where I might catch the Pats/Bengals game nearby?

Thanks.

I have never watched the Pats in the city, but have watched the Sox often. IMO the best place to be a Boston fan in the city is in the village...place called Riviera or Rivers...pretty famous as a Boston place

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This the place, rkarp?

http://rivieracafeny.com/index.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

This the place, rkarp?

http://rivieracafeny.com/index.html

yes, this is it...a friend of mine thinks they have a sister place uptown on Amsterdam, but I am not 100% sure of that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks, rkarp.  Only Boston-oriented bar I could find on Amsterdam was:  http://lionsheadnyc.com/about.html.  Anyone got anything on this baby?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Thanks, rkarp.  Only Boston-oriented bar I could find on Amsterdam was:  http://lionsheadnyc.com/about.html.  Anyone got anything on this baby?

ATJ - for what it's worth I'd go to the Village if I were you. Lot of interesting places there. Have fun!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB7168. Show JB7168's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks

Traffic is a Pats bar on the west side. a bunch of us are going there. it is not too far from Times square

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

You guys are great and I do thank you.  Thanks, Section, I'll pay the village a visit regardless.  

JB, thanks.  Is this the place:  http://www.trafficbarnyc.com/hells_kitchen/ ?  

If so, it appears to be perhaps a 10 min walk from the the hotel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB7168. Show JB7168's posts

[QUOTE]

You guys are great and I do thank you.  Thanks, Section, I'll pay the village a visit regardless.  

there are 2 Traffic bars. The Pats bar is the one on the west side. it is on 49th and 9th avenue I believe. they will only show the New England game with sound and all. the food is not bad also.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to JB7168's comment:

[QUOTE]

there are 2 Traffic bars. The Pats bar is the one on the west side. it is on 49th and 9th avenue I believe. they will only show the New England game with sound and all. the food is not bad also.

Yep, that's the one.  Thanks again.  Cold one on me if we can sort it out crowd-wise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB7168. Show JB7168's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JB7168's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yep, that's the one.  Thanks again.  Cold one on me if we can sort it out crowd-wise.

check this link. it will be easier to find us. I am Jamel.

http://www.meetup.com/NYC-New-England-Pats-Fans/events/140417742/ 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Cool link, Jamel.  My friends call me Butch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Thanks.

Times Sq sucks, but you'll have plenty of options.  Nothing jumps off the page since I never hang out there when I've gone to NYC.

If you see any annoying Jets fans, be sure to slap them for me.  hehe 

Oh sure, Rusty.  Number one on my priority list will be to pick a pier sixer with Jets fans on their home turf where I'll be outnumbered 8,374,283 to like maybe 5.  I'll start with a Jets suk chant as I get off the train in Grand Central Station.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Oh sure, Rusty.  Number one on my priority list will be to pick a pier sixer with Jets fans on their home turf where I'll be outnumbered 8,374,283 to like maybe 5.  I'll start with a Jets suk chant as I get off the train in Grand Central Station.

Come on, what could possibly go wrong? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

Thanks.

Times Sq sucks, but you'll have plenty of options.  Nothing jumps off the page since I never hang out there when I've gone to NYC.

If you see any annoying Jets fans, be sure to slap them for me.  hehe 

[/QUOTE]

hehe

How about a drag bunt farrt back and forth in the bar, during the game then? I am sure you can cook that up and sabotage their afternoon on our behalf that way.

[/QUOTE]

Well if I can work my way over to 48th and 9th I'm told I'll be in a Pats oasis in the vast Jets wasteland whereupon I'll attempt to avoid at all costs alienating what few allies I'll have on that island.

And, Muzz,  you're right - what could possibly go wrong??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

hey ATJ, are you in town only Sunday? New assigment puts me in NYC as well on Mon/Tues and possibly Wed....thinking of heading downtown to see the Sawx

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks.

[/QUO

FYI the game is not on local tv . There is no AFC game as the giants play at 1pm

i just checked the TV guide on verizon

im getting the ravens game on the Philly cbs STa ( I get both ny and philly )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

[QUOTE]

Thanks.

[/QUO

FYI the game is not on local tv . There is no AFC game as the giants play at 1pm

i just checked the TV guide on verizon

im getting the ravens game on the Philly cbs STa ( I get both ny and philly )

NFL Sunday Ticket.....c'mon man! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

hey ATJ, are you in town only Sunday? New assigment puts me in NYC as well on Mon/Tues and possibly Wed....thinking of heading downtown to see the Sawx

I'm getting into town around 11 am Sunday (AMTRAK willing), conference ends mid-day Wednesday.  Hope to join Jamel and the other Pats fans at Traffic for the game once I drop off my gear at the hotel.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Conductor on this train really has missed his true calling.  He's an expert on everything from how to resolve the political gridlock in DC, to the debt ceiling to international relations and what we should do with Iran, Syria and Russia.  I'll be making a hotline call to the State Department first thing Monday morning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Conductor on this train really has missed his true calling.  He's an expert on everything from how to resolve the political gridlock in DC, to the debt ceiling to international relations and what we should do with Iran, Syria and Russia.  I'll be making a hotline call to the State Department first thing Monday morning.

Maybe you can get a definitive answer for us on whether BB is a good or bad GM. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

Come on, what could possibly go wrong? 

[/QUOTE]

Indeed..

ATJ: if we don't see don't see any more posts from you..it was good knowing you (vis BDC).

note: go towards the light :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Great recommendation from JB7168/Jamel.  Traffic was a great place to watch the game regardless the outcome.  Nary a Jets fan in sight.  Interesting that every time you ordered a Sam Adams you got a chance to win a Pats jersey and 2 tix to the Pats/Jets game.

BTW, Jamel, looked for you there and asked the bartenders about you.  Unfortunately couldn't locate you to make good on the cold one but place got crowded quickly.  I was at the bar on the side furthest away from the entrance.  Red shirt, loud mouth.

Sections
Shortcuts