Mankins, $14 million, a deep draft at guard, and justice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Re: Mankins, $14 million, a deep draft at guard, and justice

In Response to Re: Mankins, $14 million, a deep draft at guard, and justice:
    [QUOTE]YOU PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS YOU LOSER FANS THINK YOU"RE SO GREAT BUT REALLY YOU ARE LOW LIFE LOSERS Why would you want mankins gone because he make more $ than you and you are jealous of him???? DO you want to win a superbowl or do you want to lose in the playoffs.  Mankins is a great player and if we lose him it will hurt the team WHO DOESN"T UNDERSTAND THIS???? YOu idiotic jealous loser fans.  Only jealous little babies would want mankins gone.  the options are:  1. sign the guy and have a great O-Line, or let him walk and have a poor O-line.....  If you have any real football knowledge you would know which one to pick BUT most of you fat losers fhave no football knowledge so you think with your fragile ego.
    Posted by fancy-shamanski[/QUOTE]

Just when you thought the trolls couldn't get any more insane/stupid, here comes this freak. Wow.

Each day here is like a descent down the evolutionary ladder. Every day, it seems, we find a rung we didn't know existed. It can't get much lower than this guy. Right? Christ, this one can't even form a coherent thought.

I know it's wrong. But I almost want to throw some of these people in a cage and charge admission. I feel guilty getting this much entertainment for free.

Then there's another part of me that's frightened for the integrity and viability of the human race. Realizing that we come from the same gene pool as this guy makes me worry about humanity.

I'm confused.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Would it surprise anyone if BB let both light and Mankins go for a handbasket full of draft picks in the first three rounds? Light could very easily sign a contract with KC which would net the Patriots 2 draft choices,I believe he was tendered at 2 second round picks and Mankins is a franchise Tagged player and he would cost a team two first round picks. With BB wanting to corner the market on early round picks nothing would surprise me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Russ, first of all nobody here knows what really happened. Some think they have enough info but they don't.

Caving in would have been if the Pats gave him what he wanted when he asked for it. I don't see this being the case.

As far as the playoffs do me a favor, tell me who was a rock? Did Mankins let Ray Rice run all over him? Did Mankins allow Sanchez all that time to find open targets? They all blew and that's why they lost.

CWB, I don't think anyone knows exactly what happened. I agree with using the media as a promotional tool but I want the best players this team can put on the field NOW! I don't want 17 picks after TB retires and judging by the way his wife has him acting it may not be that long. I want the kid to become the best QB EVER and if takes a little more to provide him protection pay it! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

King...I'm with you 100% on EVERYTHING you've said here.....don't waste your time or energies defending/responding to the mental midget....well that is unless it keeps you entertained...
    I didn't realize Light was even tendered & actually didn't think he could be due to his period of service in the NFL.....thought he was a UFA able to go anywhere he wants once lockout ends...RFA are the ones that can be tendered yet other teams can go after for fewer picks to give up(like BJGE is:2nd round tender)..

Mankins, though tagged, never signed before the lockout so he is currently a free agent in limbo that the Pats currently control rights to...Logan can hold out like he did last year & lose all kinds of money(like he did last year) & not get any other type of fine or penalty as he's not currently under contract, or sign the tender once free agancy starts & get the full amount of the tag...IF he does sign he'll be under contract & must report immediatly or face fines & penalties & the Pats will THEN have the option to trade him without his concent....OR play him & further try to work out a long term deal or let him go after this year wherever he wants(probably highest bidder) & get a 3rd round compensatory pick the following year....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Mankins is NOT John Hannah or really even close to what he was....Hannah was a true BEAST THAT DESTROYED whomever he went up against no matter who it was....Logan on his best day pales in comparison....Hannah was FEARED...& when he was paired with Leon Gray they could blow open holes a mack truck could drive through....man I miss seeing them play together!!!!
    THOSE 2 are the types of players I'd just ask "HOW MUCH WOULD YOU LIKE???" & get out the check book with a smile on my face & just figure out a creative way to make the cap work......

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins, $14 million, a deep draft at guard, and justice:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins, $14 million, a deep draft at guard, and justice : It's not entertainment, it's more the lack of foresight a supposed Pats fan might use.  Normally, I wouldn't be so brash, but this kid has almost a troll type approach about him, so he needed a slap. Also, I didn't realize Light was tendered either. I don't recall that. Anyway, there is no real point in arguing this because of the Lockout.  It's just incrfedible to me a kid who is apparently a Pats fan thinks he can talk down to people when he has no clue what a salary cap is. His argument for Mankins should be tied to how valuable he is, how he stabilizes the line, how he's never hurt, etc. Instead, he says "who cares how much he wants, pay him!", like a child would say.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

It's not really about the content of his message. It's the way he goes about delivering it. To be honest, I didn't read most of his post. Once he opens with screaming insults I checked out. There's really no point in reading that sort of childish nonsense. I skimmed through and found something to the effect of everybody who disagrees with me  is a fat loser at the end.

But that's what trolls do. They take an "issue" and use at as a vehicle to scream and whine and cry. To get everyone upset, antagonize and get the psychological payoff they are looking for. These people are disturbed. 

This guy's diatribe had little to do with Logan Mankins. Personally, I think it's crazy to pay Mankins more than 6 or 7 million dollars. He's a guard. And, as another poster pointed out, we are still waiting fior him to show up in a playoff game.

Either way, I think this will work out in a manner that is best for the team. That's all I can hope for. But at the end of the day, it's football. It's not going to effect anything in my life. People need to put things into perspective.

I came here to get away from all the trolls in the Celtics forum. It's going nuts over there with the Cs getting knocked out.  And I find this screaming tool acting like an 8 year old.

I'm just sick of it. Not at the trolls. They can't help it. They aren't well. It's the mods that are the problem. They refuse to do anything about it. And at the end of the day, it's not like I have to come to these forums. But it's just frustrating to know that these people can get away with such ridiculous behavior in a public forum.

I don't get it. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Wow i'm not going to spend the whole day arguing with some weirdo on a message board so this is the last schooling you'll get.
    First of all you are exactly like mel kiper, a self proclaimed genius.  When you really look and think about what you say people realize you're absolutely clueless with no facts to back up anything you say.  You can't just make a false statement, think its true and proclaim youself smart.  Also the name calling doesn't help.

Your key points of idiocy are saying the pats were a run first team last year, saying they won the ravens game last year because of their run attack when it was branch's catches, and saying there is no way of predicting the cap figure for 2011.  You are the typical loser over poster that makes 200+ posts a day and thinks you somehow know what you're talking about just like... mel kiper....

here's your last schooling

the cap for 2009 was 128 mill, so if there is a cap in 2011 it probably will be higher, as it would be hard for team to all of a sudden deal with a lwer cap figure. SOO right there we can make a fairly accurate estimation of the cap.

Now read this:
    http://www.nesn.com/2010/07/new-england-patriots-cap-figure-burdened-by-dead-money-but-near-2009-status-quo.html

it says they have 11 mill coming off for moss and 4 mill coming off for adalius thomas.  that frees up a lot of space.

next look at this:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/37327/looking-at-2011-salary-cap-figures

it says the pats have appromiately 102 mill comitted next year.  it doesn't show a complete breakdown, but shows they are in great shape. this doesn't inlcude mankins or the rookies, but either way they are great, where as the jets are in big trouble with 128 mill comitted and a lot of key FAs.

right here this was simple and easy to show that the pats are in great shape,as they always are, with the cap.  they can definitely afford a mankins contract and still be in great shape.
    It gets worse for you though king "mel Kiper"  you have absolutely no clue the difference between the cap and total payroll.  you need to look this up, i know its confusing, but maybe somebody can help you with it.  You need to understand that with careful book working teams can exceed their cap, or teams an have a different payroll number from cap figure.  here's an example:
    http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/nfl/salaries/team

how can the giants have a 138 mill payroll in a 128 mill cap...
    Finally you should know that the pats always have plenty of cap space and one of the lower payrolls in the entire league.  To say that paying mankins his contract will cripple the team financially is ludicrous.  

Lastly the only argument people can make to not signing mankins is that "i don't like his attitude in these contract negotiations"  pretty freakin bad reason to make your team weaker.  hey lets field a weaker team next year because i don't like our best OL's attitude...  pretty freakin stupid. winning is the #1 priority not the mind game between a player and owner that doesn't affect us financially in anyway.  Put the best team possible on the field and win the SB.  we don't need future 2nd round picks now we need a mankins at gaurd.

Well that was pretty devasting to you, but the big thing king is you can't just make false statements and think they're true because you have no life and post on here 200x a day.  you have to have facts to back up your statements.  the "run first" statement really exposed you as someone who just types like crazy the first thing that pops into your head without real knowlegde of whats going on.  Also saying you can't predict the salary figures for 2011, it was pretty simple.  That is why you're identical to mel kiper, you need to get more background knowledge of the topics and not just say "i'm so smart" blahblah blah...

Have a good weekend pal :)

one last time just for you OWNED!!! ha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

ps most of you said the same thing with wilfork... "i don't like his attitude, let him walk, bye vince". etc.  If we would've lost vince the team would be really hurt.  luckily BB kraft and vince came to an agreement after bickering through the media and the pats kept a good player, they also didn't hurt the cap figure.

i can't stand it when jealous fans cry about a player wanting money.  why would you want a good player to walk if you can easily afford him and fit him into the cap...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Russ, I see you have a new friend. Is dmc the little you?

Anyway, I understand your POV but I'm sick and tired of everyone worrying about Mr. Kraft money. Do you really care? I don't care if they have to start making deals with the devil, I want another championship banner hanging in Foxboro and Mankins will do a lot more to help than hurt, even if it does cost a couple million.

It's time to face the facts, this trade down, don't budge with money, have a ton of bargaining power for next years draft isn't doing it anymore. They stumbled onto it 10 years ago and it did work but since then the Jets have gone in a completely different direction and have been killing us with personnel moves.

As I said, I don't care anymore. I want the best team Mr. Kraft's/my money can buy and the best chances for TB to win more rings now, not next year.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Russ, back to my original post I can tell you I don't have a clue right now as to where they even stand.....do you?

Did anyone ever really know?

I only agree with fancypants in that I'm sick of worrying about the business side, as a fan I really only care about W's and hopefully seeing them return to greatness. I was sitting on the aluminum benches at Sullivan Stadium watching Tony Eason fall into the fetal position time after time. Brady is a diamond in the rough and I don't want to see anymore of his career wasted.
    I think it may be time you realize the Pats aren't a dynasty anymore. They can't even get out of the first round so for me I'll take the experience Mankins can bring with these new backs we just spent precious picks on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Wait, what happend to that text?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

I don't know about the rest of you, but I couldn't give a rat's behind about Bob Kraft's money. What I do care about is the Patriots getting the best value for their money. That allows them to field the best team possible.

If they are paying a guard $14 milion dollars, that hurts them because they have less money to spend at other positions. You don't pay a guard 10 million for the same reason you dont pay a punter 7 million. It doesn't matter how good the guy is. He doesn't make enough of a difference on the field to justify that kind of price tag.

Guards are a dime a dozen. If Logan Mankins were as good as he (and some of you) thinks he is, he would have made a few plays in the 07 Superbowl and we wouldn't have had to of lived through one of the worst choke jobs in Boston sports history. Instead, he and the rest of the Oline played human turnstiles.

The guy is a good player. But some of you are getting really carried away in describing his skill level and impact on the team. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I don't get emotionally attached to player's.  The most important position is QB and everyone else is replaceable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

pretty freakin stupid. winning is the #1 priority not the mind game between a player and owner that doesn't affect us financially in anyway

that comment is straight wrong.  Ticket prices and concession prices go up as player salaries go up my friend. 

The new attitude of the young, spend now and pay for it later.  Doesn't work and never will.

Now I like Mankins and he is good, but if top 3 money isn't good enough for  you, I'm fine watching you leave.  Its a team game. Not Golf.  You need to fill a 53 man roster not a one man roster. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No one knows what  the cap will be. 

In the end, I -think- it will be higher than 2009, but (like that last offer) with provisos that they cap overall salary growth to something less than it is now.

But there is no way to tell. Offers have ranged from $141 to $114 per. 

But that last, last offer included resetting the cap with 3.5 instead of ~6 percent growth. Its rising trend was from $109-$116-$123-$128 meaning it would be $136. But capping that growth at about half that would leave a true cap figure of something closer to 132. That is simply splitting the difference, like a court appoionted arbitrator might.

The Pats' current figure is $113 and change ... COUNTING... Mankins' salary offer which stays on the books until it is retracted or he retires or signs a contract elsewhere via trade. In short, NE has Mankins already and will likely end up with beaucoup room.

I just hope they get it done, as for year in year out metrical performance, Mankins is the best in the leauge.

Sections
Shortcuts