MANKINS being named a PRO BOWLER is a total insult to the game!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: MANKINS being named a PRO BOWLER is a total insult to the game!

He hasn't had a pro bowl year.  Jeff Saturday doesn't even start and he made the pro bowl.  Happens every year, I'm over it.  He got there from past reputation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Pro Bowl in general is a joke.  It's long lived past what little relevance it ever had.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

homicidable

Did you go to the Don King School of Speaking? LOL !

Agree with your post, except the "borderline homicidable"  part. LOL !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

But you dont have a problem with Matthew Slater??  Has the guy even made a special teams tackle this year?????

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Probowls are generally popularity contests.  Isn't it 1/3 fans; 1/3 coaches; 1/3 players. 

Jeff Saturday made it (and being a colts fan I know this), while in the same week being benched by his coach. 

Particularly for lineman, the popularity contest is biggest.  People don't understand line play and there are few stats that are watched to define those players to the general public. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Insult to the game? Lighten up Francis, this stuff happens all the time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Saturday made it cause he hugged bob Kraft    Commie for shame.  Even with all the useless things you post I had hopes you were above pro bowl selection processes.  Are you upset that ray Lewis got snubbed?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Pro Bowler? You mean he has taken up another sport? Maybe he is the next Bo Jackson!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Saturday made it cause he hugged bob Kraft    Commie for shame.  Even with all the useless things you post I had hopes you were above pro bowl selection processes.  Are you upset that ray Lewis got snubbed?

[/QUOTE]

I'll buy that, but its also because he's been a probowler a number of times before while protecting one of the best qbs and is now doing it again.  There aren't a lot of "known" linemen names beyond LT's.  Saturday and Mankins are two of them.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This Week's Sign That The Apocalypse is Upon Us:

Somebody, somewhere is agitated over Pro Bowl selections.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Probowls are generally popularity contests.  Isn't it 1/3 fans; 1/3 coaches; 1/3 players. 

Jeff Saturday made it (and being a colts fan I know this), while in the same week being benched by his coach. 

Particularly for lineman, the popularity contest is biggest.  People don't understand line play and there are few stats that are watched to define those players to the general public. 

[/QUOTE]

Just like all-pro.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Meriweather made it to two pro-bowls. Then BB sent him packing before his rookie contract was up.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just like all-pro.

[/QUOTE]

I'd say there is more meat to the All-Pro selections than Pro Bowl.  All-Pro selections are at least made by the writers who cover the sport. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just like all-pro.

[/QUOTE]

I'd say there is more meat to the All-Pro selections than Pro Bowl.  All-Pro selections are at least made by the writers who cover the sport. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and we know writers would never participate in a popularity contest like players or coaches. Your agenda is paper thin college prank lover.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But you dont have a problem with Matthew Slater??  Has the guy even made a special teams tackle this year?????

[/QUOTE]

19 total, 13 solo.  He had 17 total special teams tackles last season.  So yes.  He's arguably having a better season than last year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The Pro Bowl is a joke on so many levels that it's not even funny...I mean for Christ's sake Merriweather even made it a couple of times!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts