MANKINS being named a PRO BOWLER is a total insult to the game!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: MANKINS being named a PRO BOWLER is a total insult to the game!

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But you dont have a problem with Matthew Slater??  Has the guy even made a special teams tackle this year?????

[/QUOTE]

19 total, 13 solo.  He had 17 total special teams tackles last season.  So yes.  He's arguably having a better season than last year.

[/QUOTE]

See , trolls and irrationals hate facts. Because Slater isn't deemed a superstar by ESPN and doesn't make 10 million per year, he's not a good player for our team here.

Don't you know how it works on this board, Matt? You're supposed to bash the players who don't own a SB ring.

[/QUOTE]

Brady may go down as the greatest quarterback that ever played in the NFL when it's all said and done. Fact, yet you bash him every second you can...that's irrational.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I'm surprised that Polamalu didnt make it...Thought he was always a lock, even if he only played 1 snap on the season.

You cant make the game meaningful, but you can make the honor meaningful.

Just make it 50/50 coaches and players. Then maybe you can have a vote in like MLB for the last spots in each respective league.

Only reason for fan voting is for the "fan experience" I am yet to meet a real fan who actually cares about voting for the pro bowl. I'm under the impression that the fans who vote are 12 year old kids who vote for their favorite Madden/fantasy players

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The only thing Mankins accomplished this year is to draw attention to his large contract and the small performance that went with it.

The NFL is cruel but it is what it is. Mankins got his money, which he should have, but hasn't down squat since. Age, injuries....whatever. His cap figure and performance are at odds with each other.

I could se his money being shifted to WW

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Probowls are generally popularity contests.  Isn't it 1/3 fans; 1/3 coaches; 1/3 players. 

Jeff Saturday made it (and being a colts fan I know this), while in the same week being benched by his coach. 

Particularly for lineman, the popularity contest is biggest.  People don't understand line play and there are few stats that are watched to define those players to the general public. 

[/QUOTE]

Just like all-pro.

[/QUOTE]

I'd say there is more meat to the All-Pro selections than Pro Bowl.  All-Pro selections are at least made by the writers who cover the sport. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and we know writers would never participate in a popularity contest like players or coaches. Your agenda is paper thin college prank lover.

[/QUOTE]

No agenda.  Its what I believe.  Surprising that you would see it differently given that I am a fan of small market Indy and you are a fan of a market that has its own page on ESPN.  Trust me if there is bias, your patsies are getting the benefit of much of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pro Bowler? You mean he has taken up another sport? Maybe he is the next Bo Jackson!

[/QUOTE]

Bo jackson is still the GREATEST running back i've  ever seen, but AD is coming close!

[/QUOTE]

bo jackson??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mankins being selected is beyond awkward and proves the point I've made about him and the Pro Bowl in general for years now.

Goodell should do away with it once and for all.  

[/QUOTE]

I I I ME ME ME I I I ME ME ME

must be that 152 IQ 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pro Bowler? You mean he has taken up another sport? Maybe he is the next Bo Jackson!

[/QUOTE]

Bo jackson is still the GREATEST running back i've  ever seen, but AD is coming close!

[/QUOTE]

bo jackson??

[/QUOTE]

You don't know who Bo Jackson was?   Albeit great Jim brown was the greatest Barry sanders ap then Bo Jackson. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bo jackson??

[/QUOTE]

You don't know who Bo Jackson was?   Albeit great Jim brown was the greatest Barry sanders ap then Bo Jackson. 

[/QUOTE]

of course i know who he was and saw him play-just cant believe anyone would call him the "greatest" rb...world of talent and great athlete sure-perhaps the most well-conditioned athlete i have ever seen but nowhere near the "greatest" rb-maybe if he concetrated on football full time but unlikely

jim brown was awesome but never bought the "greatest" thing with him either-he was so big for his time, kinda like wilt chamberlin and it's hard to compare era's-i'd call barry sanders the most electric ever, including his record-setting years in college