Mankins doesn't sound like he's leaning toward the Pats...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

Re: Mankins doesn't sound like he's leaning toward the Pats...

Truth is it's just all talk until a deal is signed. Hopefully something can be worked out between Mankins and the Pats. I'm sure his agent will do everything he can to land the biggest deal out there; it isn't rocket science.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Mankins doesn't sound like he's leaning toward the Pats...:
    [QUOTE]From the sounds of Mankins latest comments he still bitter and not leaning toward signing with the Pats.... It will be a big loss to not be able to keep him....  After missing the first seven games he comes in and is voted to the Pro Bowl... and ALL Pro Team.... and deserved it! http://www.csnne.com/01/27/11/Sounds-like-Mankins-intends-to-play-the-/landing_patriots.html?blockID=398827&feedID=3946 From his point of view you couldn't have scripted a better F U ... how many guys could take the first 7 games off and come in and put together an ALL Pro season starting from his first game back.... He's a monster and will be sorely missed if we can't keep this dude...
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]

If we can't keep any other offensive linemen because Mankins has tied up all that money for years to come it would be even worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Incidently, expect Richard Seymour to be a Jet next season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins doesn't sound like he's leaning toward the Pats...:
    [QUOTE]     Incidently, expect Richard Seymour to be a Jet next season.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

How are they going to pay him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

He's a free-agent pro-bowler.  Once he got back in the swing of things, his team ran off eight wins in a row, and in every one of those eight games his team scored in the thirties or forties.  Without his presence, the team scored in the twenties three times and in the teens once.  Mankins is sirloin at the shop and will command top dollar. 

I suspect that Mankins isn't bitter, he and his agent just want millions of dollars more than the Patriots can pay him.  Somebody else will pony up.  It's a big market out there, full of desperate "win or be fired this year" coaches and hungry owners.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Mankins wants what everybody wants - to get paid.  Give him a 5 year contract for $52 million with $29 mill up front.  They give Mankins that deal and he'll kiss Kraft's behind in the middle of the Patriot's mall on live TV.

If the franchise him they have to pay him $10 million for 1 year.  Sounds like a lot of money unless he shreds his ACL, which will cost him $40 million over the next 4 years.

Pay him.  Draft a power running back and draft another Mankins for the the right side of the line. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

Logan Mankins employs the same agent as Revis.  Let Mankins shop the market and find out no one is going to pay him more than $6 million per year for 6 years. $6 million is the most I would pay him.
    Guards aren't worth it. Patriots prefer to pay 3 good OL $2.5 million each and keep them happy instead of bowing to a greedy malcontent.  You are also hindering your chance to reward the other players.  Jahre Evans is waaay overpaid, no reason to overpay Mankins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

That makes no since  let him walk if we won the super bowl cause  we got something out of him!! what? Even if we won the super bowl and didn't sign mankins this still puts the pats in the same position as if the pats dont sign him this year, I just dont get your reasoning on that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

its rare that a franchise left tackle makes the free agent market so when a guard of mankins caliber does become a free agent some team will overpay for the position.  He is a stud and I want him back, but not at the expense of using that money to upgrade our defensive line or pass rush.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I just didnt get it cause if they won the sb yeah we got something for it, but then IMO I think he would have more leverage on  his contract  negotiations this year .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hey if a team with two first round draft choices wants him congrats take your draft choices and forget about him. That doesn't mean you can't offer him a decent contract too mull over but if he's going to start the same stuff he did last year then Via Con Dios! Take the draft choices and take the money you would have spent on him and sign Asomugha and Ray Edwards and turn your defense into a monster. One man does not make a team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Pay the man the money.  He showed what he was worth when he came back.  The guy is one mean SOB.  When did we lose the perspective that people who do what they do at a high level deserve to get paid comensurate with the effort they put in and the results they produce?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]He's a free-agent pro-bowler.  Once he got back in the swing of things, his team ran off eight wins in a row, and in every one of those eight games his team scored in the thirties or forties.  Without his presence, the team scored in the twenties three times and in the teens once.  Mankins is sirloin at the shop and will command top dollar.  I suspect that Mankins isn't bitter, he and his agent just want millions of dollars more than the Patriots can pay him.  Somebody else will pony up.  It's a big market out there, full of desperate "win or be fired this year" coaches and hungry owners.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

This is a very flawed analysis. There was a whole lot of other things pulling together that lead to the turnaround. The team would have started off just as poorly with Mankins in the line up. Did Mankins help? Yep. Is he the reason they turned it around. Actually no he's not. No one player can claim that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

We lost the last three play off games because of pressure up the middle.
     If Mankins is so great why can't we run the ball better and why do we lose to teams with pass rushing tackles?...... Use this years draft to fix the interior line and let Mankins have his payday some place else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Mankins is a regular season monster and a playoff puzzy

~owned by the Giants DL
    ~owned by the Ravens LBers
    ~owned by the Jets DL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Lets not forget that the Pats offered Mankins a more than fair deal and HE said no thanks and went on his little school girl tantrum trip. Lets also not forget that the Pats still gave up 5 sacks in the play off loss with Mankins in the lineup. I said this once before and I will say it again. If he signs the deal the Pats give him, fine, if not, let him walk and look for another in the draft.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]Mankins is a regular season monster and a playoff puzzy ~owned by the Giants DL ~owned by the Ravens LBers ~owned by the Jets DL
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

really? Ok, see ya Logan. we got 6 high draft picks and can probably find a good replacement in the 4th round

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

[QUOTE]really? Ok, see ya Logan. we got 6 high draft picks and can probably find a good replacement in the 4th round
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    I guess people don't understand how difficult it is to draft All Pros.  In the last 30 years, there has been one guard drafted later than the third round that went on to be an All Pro - Dave Szott taken by KC in the 7th round in 1990.  It sounds easy enough, but I am not sure it will be all that easy to replace Mankins with a late round pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

I'm sick and tired of his shenanigans.

$6 - 6.5 Mil per year is awesome money for a guard.
    Don't want it?? then franchise his *ss (if still possible after the CBA) send him away for 1st or high second (whatever is the best deal) Draft someone good, in the first or second round. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Once the CBA is settled you know that the cap will go up. No doubt. I can say this with out a supporting link cause I'm a Internet GM, so neener neener.

Mankins and Vollmer on the same side locks that side down. The sacks we give up are by tackles not guards. Speed rushers. I say  move vollmer to LT and draft from the center right on the O line.

Pay the Man-kins

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

As the great bruschi once said " I know what Iam worth and could go play somewhere else and get more money,but how much money does someone need .I got a nice house  and. comfable life ,why would i want too take  my kids out of school and away from there freinds.I couldnt think of going too play for another team then coming back here and wearing my  old jersey!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]  As the great bruschi once said " I know what Iam worth and could go play somewhere else and get more money,but how much money does someone need .I got a nice house  and. comfable life ,why would i want too take  my kids out of school and away from there freinds.I couldnt think of going too play for another team then coming back here and wearing my  old jersey!!!
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

everybody is different dude.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

[QUOTE]  As the great bruschi once said " I know what Iam worth and could go play somewhere else and get more money,but how much money does someone need .I got a nice house  and. comfable life ,why would i want too take  my kids out of school and away from there freinds.I couldnt think of going too play for another team then coming back here and wearing my  old jersey!!!
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]
    Mankins has played 6 years for $7.2 million.  While still a fortune to regular people, that's not all that much for a multi-year Pro Bowl lineman and All-Pro.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins doesn't sound like he's leaning toward the Pats... : Mankins has played 6 years for $7.2 million.  While still a fortune to regular people, that's not all that much for a multi-year Pro Bowl lineman and All-Pro.
    Posted by Anarchy99[/QUOTE]

yhea but he is willing to leave patriots for like 5 mil dollars. We did offer him almost $7 Mil annually going forward how is that not taking care of him?

Sections
Shortcuts