Mankins for 2012 2nd rounder?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from novapatsfan. Show novapatsfan's posts

Mankins for 2012 2nd rounder?

Mankins will never play for NE again. He obviously has his own agenda. Even Revis has re-signed. I would like to see the Pats trade him for a 2nd in 2012, Cleveland, Oakland, maybe Seattle. Any thouoghts? ...Beuler? Ferris Beuler? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Mankins for 2012 2nd rounder?

Send Brady over to reconcile, offer him 7.5M / yr, communicate where you're coming from, make it easy for him to report to camp.  Contact him occasionally (aside from Brady), and let him know that you want to put the past in the past and make him a Patriot for a long time....

If none of that works and its now wk 5, then consider getting what you can.

The Patriots are much better next year w Mankins than without him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Mankins is not currently under contract.  Can he be traded?  I suppose he can since they still own his rights, but who would take him without solidifying his contract ahead of time and would another team be willing to not only take on the big contract, but also give up the pick knowing that next year he will be on the free market?  

Maybe a very low round 5th to 7th could be offered. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I agree with you Drewski. The Pats are better with Mankins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Sure but I don't know that any team wants to pick up a disgruntled guard who wants to make more money than a QB.  With what it would cost to sign him I'd be surprised if the Pats could get a 7th rounder for him. 

I would bet that if/when he becomes a free agent he gets paid less than the Pats offered him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Second rounder sounds good, but 2011 not 2012

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Never say "never" but gotta admit you're probably close and /or and approaching that neighborhood....

I'm guessing with the "highly unlikely" for now....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

Trade Patriot's left guard Logan Mankins

to

Denver for left tackle Ryan Clady
    and a 3rd round draft choice in 2012  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

They WILL NEED Mankins at some point very soon!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Does anyone feel like Tom's being overly pressured in the pre season so far?  I mean... compared to previous years I gotta be honest.. I cant really see a difference.  Im more worried about our defense.  I say we use him as trade bait to shore up our corner/pass rush situation. 

Id rather be drafting for an offensive lineman next year than Corners and Pass rushers...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

whooda thuhnk it...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins for 2012 2nd rounder?:
    I think you mean The rights to sign Mankins.  For some strange reason, the NFL frowns upon trading guys that are not under contract. 
    Posted by PhatRex

Essentially.  Teams handshake on a contract, then Mankins signs his new big deal or his franchise tender and is gone the same day receiving a new contract from someone else.  Against the rules but done all the time.

What people should understand about trades is teams are signing a contract plus giving up a pick.  It's why Moss (huge contract) was traded for only a 4th while Welker (little contract) was worth a 2nd and 7th.  It's not just about the pick it's about how much it will cost to sign him. 

If Mankins was on a relatively small rookie contract with a couple years left he would be worth a 1st rounder.  Under no contract, but only willing to sign for top money he is woth very little in trade.  Unless he agrees to sign a way below market contract to go elsewhere (which makes no sense when he can sign for market value with the Pats) the Pats likely won't get much if anything for him.

Teams give up picks to aquire good players for cheap money, if they want good players for lots of money there is free agency.

Being a Pro Bowler and first rounder the Pats can probably get a 3rd round compensatory pick by letting him walk.  Unless somebody offers more than that, they will probably take that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats don't need a LG to win games. Had this been Light or Vollmer, I guarantee that the Pats would've signed him a while ago. 

Why are the country farm boys always the clowns with the biggest egos--Farve and Mankins. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Mankins for 2012 2nd rounder?:
    Mankins will never play for NE again. Posted by novapatsfan

pretty much true. he could have followed the leadership of Brady or wilfordl, but instead is sulking in a corner like a sissy and psszing away money he could have got ealrier.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't understand Mankins position in all of this.  He holds exactly zero cards.  I don't know what happens next year with him either.  When does he become as UFA?  Name a team that's going to pay that much money for a guard?  I certainly don't see a trade happening any time soon if at all. 

While the Mankins situation does hurt the team some Connolly is not a bad replacement.  He filled in nicely when Neal went down last year.  Who missed Neal last year?  I think you'll see the same thing with Mankins out.

Sections
Shortcuts