MANKINS FRANCHISED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

MANKINS FRANCHISED

Adam Schefter just reported the tag has officially been placed on Logan.  Let the potential drama begin

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: MANKINS FRANCHISED

he never was going anywhere.......and won't ....and if he does.........the Pats will do as they wish with him.............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

he'll hold out again

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Good.  Let him hold out. NE holds all the cards.  Draft Carimi and move on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Because of the new contracts last year for OL, Mankins would make 10.1 million this year (avg. of the top 5).  Thats alot more then last year and he would be crazy to sit out and pass up that kind of money.

Reiss pointed out in his blog the highest OL made 26 million in the first 3 years of his deal and Mankins would make more then that even if he was just franchised every year (like Walter Jones in Seatle).  Risk is you have to stay healthy each year.

Point is, at that amount, I really can't see him sitting out and passing up that kind of dough.  I think the bigger question is do the pats want to pay him the 10.1 milion or draft someone and trade him away.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

He could take out insurance on himself to protect against injury.  I think Brick on our offensive line did that since the jets could not guarantee his new contract against both injury and performance. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Yeah, just saw it on the Herald's site.  It bewilders me that Mankins (and others in this position) do not understand that the team cannot let former top picks (and their investment in them) just walk out the door for nothing..as though the team owes them that.  No way!  At least give the team a pick back.

Personally, I found Mr. Kraft's position/candor/etc on this matter to be reassuring.  Vince is now the long-time leader the the Pats defense.  Let's hope the Mankins situation works out in a direction that works for all...in New England.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to MANKINS FRANCHISED:
    Adam Schefter just reported the tag has officially been placed on Logan.  Let the potential drama begin
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

Agreed! Here comes the little bratty school girl who cried because she did not get a pony for her birthday!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The union will lose in court.  Teams tagged players in 2010 AFTER the last CBA expired when the owners opted out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't know. Based on the franchise speculative number of $10 mil I think middle ground can be reached. If the Pats will go 1/$10 seems 3/$30 guaranteed is a start in the peace talks.
    I can see other teams willing to pay more than the Pats, but can't see other teams paying more AND giving up the #2.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: MANKINS FRANCHISED:
    10 mil for the year?   Looks like another year of 150 million dollar payroll.  Only team in the history of the NFL to spend 150 Mil while 'rebuilding'  I guess that is actually just called signing players.
    Posted by PhatRex

The franchise tag is speculative at $10.1 mil for Mankins next year. Where do you add up that the payroll is $150 mil? Every bit of information I see has the number this past year at under $100 mil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

shalise manza young shalisemyoung non-exclusive means Mankins can negotiate with other tms - by rule, price for franchised player is two 1st round picks but tms can negotiate

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I dont belive bonuses go agianst the cap but i could be wrong!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

If Belichick had any Brains He would resign Mankins Long Term

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/capeleaguer/~NVVq0

Quote from the Patriots reads as follows: "Logan Mankins is a tremendous player. He has been a fixture on our offensive line since we drafted him in the first round of the 2005 NFL Draft and he remains an important part of our future plans. Unfortunately, we have not been able to reach a long-term agreement, despite many attempts and proposals by both sides. That remains our objective in utilizing the franchise designation and we are hopeful that Logan will be a Patriot for many years to come.”

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: MANKINS FRANCHISED:
    shalisemyoung    non-exclusive means Mankins can negotiate with other tms - by rule, price for franchised player is two 1st round picks but tms can negotiate
    Posted by Rocky

Give us a 2nd and maybe a 3rd!  Bye-bye Logie!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

The day will come when these chickens come home to roost and we will really be rooting for laundry.

Sections
Shortcuts