Mankins in Walking Boot

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Mankins in Walking Boot

I was surprised to see Mankins returned to the game last Sunday. He is one tough man. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The bigger story here for me is the signing of Reed as backup LB.   No word on Spikes' status. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

DeadAhead, everyone knows how tough you are behind the keyboard. We heard that one time you even typed with a sprained little finger. But frankly, everyone is quite sick of your tired act.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Its likely a high ankle sprain that he came back and gutted out but with 2 weeks off, the boot can stabilize it so he doesnt put pressure and he will be able to play more effectively in 2 weeks. Usually high ankle sprains can sideline you up to a month or more

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Its likely a high ankle sprain that he came back and gutted out but with 2 weeks off, the boot can stabilize it so he doesnt put pressure and he will be able to play more effectively in 2 weeks. Usually high ankle sprains can sideline you up to a month or more

Yeah I agree. The boot will bring down the swelling, but really a 300 pound guy usually needs a month for something like this. Mankins will tough it out, shoot it up, tape it, etc...most likely be nowhere near 100%, but will be good enough. I hope.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

WHat act is that?  Once Mankins called Kraft a liar and being a selfish toad, he was dead to me on this team. This whole tough guy act he portrays and the media fawns over means nothing to me, especially with poor postseason play from him.

I am tried of Logan Mankins playing like crap when it counts vs elite fronts at 8 million per, with the media NEVER calling him on it.

They are two players coddled by the media on offense in this town:

Brady

Mankins

Mankins sprung Blount on that 36 yard cut back rushing TD Sunday, he blocked the tackle out of the hole with a double team, then broke off to blow up the linebacker trying to fill the gap.  You may hate the guy but he is among the league's best.

I shouldn't have to defend Brady and I won't.  He's the best in the game.

Kline's reps will come in handy if Mankins can't go in two weeks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Good, let that ankle rest for 10+ days.

We need a healthy OL for the next 3 games.

ISAAC

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

WHat act is that?  Once Mankins called Kraft a liar and being a selfish toad, he was dead to me on this team. This whole tough guy act he portrays and the media fawns over means nothing to me, especially with poor postseason play from him.

I am tried of Logan Mankins playing like crap when it counts vs elite fronts at 8 million per, with the media NEVER calling him on it.

They are two players coddled by the media on offense in this town:

Brady

Mankins

Mankins sprung Blount on that 36 yard cut back rushing TD Sunday, he blocked the tackle out of the hole with a double team, then broke off to blow up the linebacker trying to fill the gap.  You may hate the guy but he is among the league's best.

I shouldn't have to defend Brady and I won't.  He's the best in the game.

Kline's reps will come in handy if Mankins can't go in two weeks.

Rusty is just being the court fool here.  Here's the double blocks on the play where Mankins (and the rest of the O line) springs Blount free for the TD and where Mankins gets hurt while making contact (third picture).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

I was surprised to see Mankins returned to the game last Sunday. He is one tough man. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Have you ever sprained an ankle? Sure it hurts, but jesus. You don't have to be that tough to play on a sprain. You won't move like you want to, but it's not like he's Jack Youngblood here.

Sheesh.  This whole tough guy angle Mankins has promoted through the years, the old pick up truck he drives, the beard, etc.....How about play well through an entire postseason for once?

He played an entire year on a torn ACL that's toughness. You might not like the player but that's toughness. He might not be the player he was before his deal but he's a tough player I can't believe you wouldn't agree on that...it doesn't matter about how much you dislike his play your claim here is he isn't tough and he is, playing on a torn ACL is just factual evidence of that

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Have you ever sprained an ankle? Sure it hurts, but jesus. You don't have to be that tough to play on a sprain. You won't move like you want to, but it's not like he's Jack Youngblood here.

Sheesh.  This whole tough guy angle Mankins has promoted through the years, the old pick up truck he drives, the beard, etc.....How about play well through an entire postseason for once?

He played an entire year on a torn ACL that's toughness. You might not like the player but that's toughness. He might not be the player he was before his deal but he's a tough player I can't believe you wouldn't agree on that...it doesn't matter about how much you dislike his play your claim here is he isn't tough and he is, playing on a torn ACL is just factual evidence of that

tsk,tsk,tsk......only morons disagree with Deadhead!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Mankins had a sprain of the MCL on XMas Eve, 2011. That is not the "entire year".

The rumor of him playing the whole season with some kind of blown out ACL is completely over-dramatized.   He loves to play it up.  He loves to play up this "toughness" angle and seems to think that is more important than playing well. I see it as excuses or proactive excuses with him.  Just show up for once vs an elite front 7 and not look like a Div II college player, please.

Spikes has been playing with an tear for a while now. Lots of players end up with sprains or minor tears and can still play, it's not just him.

Belichick said that Mankins played like the whole season on a torn acl in his weei interview on monday- is belichick exagerrating too

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

It is of no concern.  Soon the NFL will be crushed and the 4th Lombardi will be ours.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Yeah I agree. The boot will bring down the swelling, but really a 300 pound guy usually needs a month for something like this. Mankins will tough it out, shoot it up, tape it, etc...most likely be nowhere near 100%, but will be good enough. I hope.

The question is...does Mankins have the dreaded high ankle sprain? If so...not good. But, Nate Solder should be ready to play in two weeks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots used Monday to recap their season-finale win over the Bills, while also tying together some loose ends from the Ravens game in Week 16 (the Christmas holiday shuffled their normal schedule last week, leaving them to clean things up a bit today). Players were made available to the media in the afternoon, and below are some highlights from the locker room. 

Walking boot for Mankins. Guard Logan Mankins briefly left Sunday's game with an ankle injury, one that looked serious at initial glance. He returned to the game and fought through it, but it appears to be something he'll have to deal with going forward, as there was a walking boot in front of his locker. The rest of the offensive line was spotted, but Mankins did not appear in the locker room. 

Lockers spotted for Mattes, Reed. A pair of lockers were set up for new players on Monday: R.J. Mattes, who was with the Patriots in training camp and has previously been on the practice squad, as well as Taylor Reed, a rookie linebacker out of SMU who previously worked out for the team. No word on if they were signed to the practice squad, but the Patriots do have two open roster spots on the practice squad that can be filled. 

Different feel for playoffs. Wide receiver Danny Amendola, among the Patriots that will make their playoff debuts next Saturday during the Divisional Round, said that he's excited for the postseason and talked about a different feel in the building. "Yeah, we realize -- we were talking about it today, it's a new season for us. We're just going to start fresh and play as hard as we can and go from there."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4756437/quick-hits-from-the-locker-room-42

Great job copy/pasting someone else's opinions

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

The question is...does Mankins have the dreaded high ankle sprain? If so...not good. But, Nate Solder should be ready to play in two weeks.

He has two weeks to rest up. It's not like he needs a lot of on field practice time.

Sections
Shortcuts