Mankins is Acting like a Jerk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Mankins is Acting like a Jerk

After seeing and reading some of his interview crap I can't help but notice how many times he keeps saying variations of "I have a lot of support from my teammates".  It's kinda like saying "my teammates agree with my idiotic decision turn down a huge contract and hold out for a few extra bucks". 

Logan, your teammates think you are a dope.  They are being nice to you because that's what teammates should do, but Pulease stop saying over and over and over that they supported your idiotic behavior.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Re: Mankins is Acting like a Jerk

P.S. It's kinda like spitting in Krafts face if you ask me.  "I insulted the boss and my teammates support me".  "Tom was behind me through the whole thing".  "Tom thinks before he talks". lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not sure if "jerk" is the right word. He comes off completley socially awkward and just removed from reality when it comes to business.

If the dude helps the team win, that's all I care about now, but he's out of his mind if he thinks he's one up on the Krafts and BB.

He'll never see the 7 mil per he was offered going into 2011.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It's over with. It's about football, wins and losses. This isn't homecoming.

The thing I'll always admire about Belichick and Kraft is that to them, it's ALWAYS about winning. For now, Mankins is here so they'll use him to win ball games. At the end of the year, they'll address the contract situation and go from there.

Mankins is well-liked by his teammates because they know the guy off the field, which none of us do. Would Brady be mad at him for holding over his contract? Yes, but I think Brady's smart enough to know that he shouldn't ever stick his nose in another player's financial matters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Didn't you spend last Sunday here crapping on Brady and the team about the Vikings game? Why do you bother? Everything thing you say about the Pats is negative. You even harp on Brady's hair like a perfect little troll.

Then when people crap on your posts you throw a tantrum. It's pathetic and very Leonish.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I would have to agree with Greg. Now matter how I look at it, I can't see the financial logic behind Mankins' holdout . . .  but why should his teammates care about that? Sooner or later, every one of them will be up for a new contract and may face a similar decision. That aspect of the business is all about representation. A lot of these professional athletes have spent their entire lives skating through school on their physical abilities. A healthy percentage of them are not particularly bright. Obviously, we're on the outside looking in, but my guess is that Mankins' agent gave him some magnificently bad advice, and then Logan's pride wouldn't allow him to bite the bullet and admit he made a mistake. I can guarantee you all of his teammates would understand that. By all accounts Mankins is a valuable asset on the field and in the locker room, and from a purely football standpoint, everyone is (and should be) glad he's back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins is Acting like a Jerk:
    [QUOTE]you're an idiot...team is stoked to have him back as are the coaches and i honestly don't know why fans are all over Logan about this.  Reiss has said numerous times that Mankins is a very well-liked player in the lockerroom. Contract disputes happen.  I'm not saying he handled the situation the right way but there's no reason for your bitterness considering the 6-1 pats just got a probowl guard back on the injury-prone OL. 
    Posted by grego84[/QUOTE]

Greg,

F U man.  I'm tired of your name calling.  Logan is the idiot.  He has no Regrets.  He should.  And he keeps implying that HIS teammates supported his idiotic behavior which included insulting the classy Kraft. 

Yes, it's good to have him back.  But, He looks mushy.  His arms look like peoples arms on the "Biggest Loser".  I hope he doesn't think being fat is the only requirement for his job.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't you spend last Sunday here crapping on Brady and the team about the Vikings game? Why do you bother? Everything thing you say about the Pats is negative. You even harp on Brady's hair like a perfect little troll. Then when people crap on your posts you throw a tantrum. It's pathetic and very Leonish.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Evil,

I stated many facts about Brady last Sunday.  I guess stating facts is "crapping" in your world.  Brady being overpaid will hurt the team.  I am a Pats fan, but I'm not a brainwashed automoton.  I can be critical if I want.  I still think the Bieber doo is...............

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins is Acting like a Jerk : Whaa whaa whaa. You can be critical and we can laugh at that fact that you're obviously a little twit troll. You may now smash your keyboard while typing F you like an angry little girl.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Evil,

I love you brother.  And I forgive all of your idiotic posts.  I hope that some day you will find happiness.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I just want to remind everyone that nobody knows the truth behind what deals may, or may not have been offered. Even if we read "5 years/40 mil" what's that mean? Was it completely back-loaded? Was there a huge signing bonus? None of us know.

To call him an idiot though...fans time and time again complain about players caring ONLY about money. Well, here's a guy who stood by his principles. He felt he was told one thing, and the team did another. It wasn't about money to him, it was about being treated fairly. Wheter or not he was overreacting, again, we don't know. But I, for one, commend a player for standing by what he believes is right. I'm THRILLED he's back, but good for him. The teams have all of the power in football, and he didn't budge. The players, I can guarantee, all love and respect him for what he did. He did what many have thought about doing, but didn't have the guts to when it came down to it.

In this instance, Logan is the "little man", and he won one for all of us. Congrats Logan, I hope you get your money, I also hope it's from the Pats, but we'll see. Just glad to have that road grader back on the left side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

If any of think you can have an intelligent exchange with knightsailor think again. Here's some examples of his football knowledge.

On Brady
    At least his fluffy Glamrock hair is cushioning his fall.

On people who disagee with him
    Or are you all Rosey O'donell clones?

Obviously an angry little boy trying to act like a man while hiding on the net.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins is Acting like a Jerk : Evil, I love you brother.  And I forgive all of your idiotic posts.  I hope that some day you will find happiness.
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]

Is this the part when you puff out your chest and feel all manly because you think you've angered an adult while safely hiding on the net?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It was business on both sides.  Mankins was screwed by the CBA and he got bad advice from his agent.  The Pats didn't want to overpay at the guard position, where players aren't usually among the highest paid on the roster.  New Orleans re-set the market at the guard position, and the Pats just didn't think he's worth that kind of money.  Add all the bluster and hurt feelings and you have yourself a holdout.   

If anything, I see Mankins reporting early as a first step toward reconciliation since he could've waited to report.  And I guarantee his teammates understand his situation since some of them have been there or will be really soon.  You think they're not ecstatic to have their best lineman back?  I think you're wrong there.     

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins is Acting like a Jerk : Evil, I'm proud of those quotes.  Thanks for doing all that research and bringing them up.  I am not hiding however.  I will be in Boston for business from 12-3 to 12-17, so if you would like to meet up and discuss these matters I will be very happy to accomodate you. I'm scared of sicilians about as much as I'm scared of Logan's intellect.
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]

Message board tough guys, aren't they great!!!  If Al Gore knew that this would be the end result, he might have thought twice about inventing the internet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Good point about him coming in earlier than need be.

I still think he  owes the Krafts an apology or at least admittting he acted poorly, but we won't get that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In this instance, Logan is the "little man", and he won one for all of us. Congrats Logan, I hope you get your money, I also hope it's from the Pats, but we'll see. Just glad to have that road grader back on the left side.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

He won?

What did he win?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

HAHA...knightsailor you're a joke.  "He looks mushy. His arms look like people's arms on the Biggest Loser."  Your comments are completely subjective and ignorant.  If his arms look "mushy" I can't imagine what yours look like.  Logan is a beast and I'm excited by his addition as should everyone else.  If you support and enjoy the Patriots then you should support and welcome his return regardless of what has happened contractually in the past.  As EVERYONE in the NFL will tell you, "it's a business."
    Posted by grego84[/QUOTE]

Greg,

I'm a joke?  I'm expressing my opinion.  You're the joke.

I will say, however, that I hope Logan gets in shape fast and helps the team go for the Championship.  If you want to see mushy arms look at his interview.  It is not subjective.  It is cottage cheese.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I still think he  owes the Krafts an apology or at least admittting he acted poorly, but we won't get that.

Mankins already apologized to the Krapps...He just didn't totally lick the bathroom floor by broadcasting a public apology - Like they demanded.  Robert can put his tumbler down for once and act like a man himself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

[On Brady At least his fluffy Glamrock hair is cushioning his fall. 

It's curious that a guy is talking about another guys hair on a sports fan forum...  Is this boston.com?  or Bravo?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Next time watch the video on patriots.com then you will see the facts then read and interpret emotion.

Mankins has been living in Foxboro area since April, so to me it seems like he expected things to get done.

In the meantime he met with the players as they are friends and is welcomed back because they all get along.

No player was upset with his holdout and he was not upset with any players.

BB does what is best for the team. BB will not use his emotion on this as he will know in 2 weeks whether Mankins will be able to help the team. Then it will be clear on how useful Mankins will be in chasing a SB this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

[QUOTE]I still think he  owes the Krafts an apology or at least admittting he acted poorly, but we won't get that. Mankins already apologized to the Krapps...He just didn't totally lick the bathroom floor by broadcasting a public apology - Like they demanded.  Robert can put his tumbler down for once and act like a man himself.
    Posted by croc[/QUOTE]

"Krapps"?  What the hell is your problem?  The ownership has built this team into one of the elite in all of sports.  Brought in a legendary Coach, built a magnificant stadium, offered a compeditive salary to Mankins (7 mil).  The ownership has nothing to apoligize for. Negotiations are part of the game, this guy started to put the process/compaints out in the public.  The players need to learn the neegotians go south when they go public

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I have to admit, I felt a little uncomfortable reading some of Mankins' replies to questions.  When you get right down to it, Moss has caught a lot more flak for some clumsy remarks, but Mankins has been uber-clumsy himself.

I agree that Mankins appears to be trying to justify himself and his actions, by repeatedly referring to his fellow players' support.  Support of what? Rudely turning down the second-most lucrative contract in the league for his position from a team known for spending to the top under the cap, but spreading the love around? At least Moss showed up in top-shape and helped the team win and has said glowing things about the Pats since his departure. When the Pats let Mankins walk after the season, do you really think Mankins will be as generous with his words?

His motivation for coming back now? It could be to make money.  It could be to grab some play-off glory.  It could be because he misses the game.  Or it could be that he is trying to mend his public image so as to make his services more in demand in F/A.  Whatever, Mankins made a multi-million dollar blunder and continues to make blunders with his mouth. I see no reason why he will get an offer as good as the one he turned down.  He's damaged goods, PR-wise. Considering the recent house-cleaning of malcontents in N.E., I doubt he will asked to play here next year.

Keep in mind, I am the pro-labor guy here. I just don't like his style of negotiation. 

And if I am a fellow teammate on the lower scale, I am not thinking, "Go, man, go!"  I am thinking, "Look at this guy make a big stink, turning down a huge contract, one that would mean the rest of us would be paid less when the cap comes back, because even that much money is not enough for him.  He's got brass."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I still think he  owes the Krafts an apology or at least admittting he acted poorly, but we won't get that. Mankins already apologized to the Krapps...He just didn't totally lick the bathroom floor by broadcasting a public apology - Like they demanded.  Robert can put his tumbler down for once and act like a man himself.
    Posted by croc[/QUOTE]

A public insult based on lies deserves nothing less than a public apology.  Mankins confuses great-work-ethic pride with character.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by croc[/QUOTE]

I disagree. He publicly attacked the Krafts.  So, therefore, he must publicly acknowledge he was wrong.

Not hard.

Bashing Bob Kraft as a legendary Boston philantropist is a joke.

The guy was offered a fantastic deal and his apparent bi-polar disorder blocked him from seeing the reality. And, he and his greedy, unprofessional agent lost.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

My uncle is an senior VP with a major sponser of the NFL.  He's been invited to SBs. They have a large corporate boot at Guilette, and he's had a buisness relationship with the Krafts.  He knows the real Mr Kraft through and through.  Their public persona is far from the private ones.  True, they've made several wise economic decisions which benefited the Patriots.  They are hard nosed, arrogant bottomline business men.  Fact:  Robert drinks like a fish.  Ever wonder why his acceptance speeches all sound slurred? 

Sections
Shortcuts