Mankins is no longer expendable having witnessed the early sucess this season of NFL teams with good defensive fronts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

Mankins is no longer expendable having witnessed the early sucess this season of NFL teams with good defensive fronts

For awhile I thought that the patriots could move on without Mankins.

But seeing the early success of Bears, Giants, Ravens, Jets, Steelers with their respective defense fronts makes me think that the Patriots have no choice but to bring Mankins back.

The Giants are looking scary in the past two games...just like the superbowl...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Re: Mankins is no longer expendable having witnessed the early sucess this season of NFL teams with good defensive fronts

He's put them in an impossible position because they probably will need him at some point this year. The problem is even if they bring him back now, he likely won't be effective, but he will be injury prone. 

He can't help you this year and he won't be here next year (or in 2012)...Better off cutting your losses and getting a pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Re: Mankins is no longer expendable having witnessed the early sucess this season of NFL teams with good defensive fronts

In Response to Mankins is no longer expendable having witnessed the early sucess this season of NFL teams with good defensive fronts:
    For awhile I thought that the patriots could move on without Mankins. But seeing the early success of Bears, Giants, Ravens, Jets, Steelers with their respective defense fronts makes me think that the Patriots have no choice but to bring Mankins back. The Giants are looking scary in the past two games...just like the superbowl...
    Posted by carbonflow

Um... Brady's been sacked 5 times and only hit something like a total of 7 or 8 times all season. What makes you think that BB is not happy with the line he is playing now? Mankins f'd up when he rejected top 3-5 money. I personally do not think that we need him at all, and would be happiest if he just signed a contract so that we could trade him and be done with it.

Connolly has not only done well, but has made Mankins IRRELEVANT. Mankins is a guard and apparently either has an over the top ego or an agent who completely screwed him over. Either way I feel like he's pretty much played his last down as a Patriot.

If he holds out until week 10 then I do not see BB playing him over people who've been here all year. In addition unless the Franchise Tag is not part of the new CBA, he'll be franchised and then traded. If he doesn't play at all this year, then he will not accrue a year, and will be traded. IN BOTH CASES the man will never see the money he greedily wanted.

Bottom line - he overplayed his hand and will now suffer the consequences.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins is no longer expendable having witnessed the early sucess this season of NFL teams with good defensive fronts:
    In Response to Mankins is no longer expendable having witnessed the early sucess this season of NFL teams with good defensive fronts : Um... Brady's been sacked 5 times and only hit something like a total of 7 or 8 times all season. What makes you think that BB is not happy with the line he is playing now? Mankins f'd up when he rejected top 3-5 money. I personally do not think that we need him at all, and would be happiest if he just signed a contract so that we could trade him and be done with it. Connolly has not only done well, but has made Mankins IRRELEVANT. Mankins is a guard and apparently either has an over the top ego or an agent who completely screwed him over. Either way I feel like he's pretty much played his last down as a Patriot. If he holds out until week 10 then I do not see BB playing him over people who've been here all year. In addition unless the Franchise Tag is not part of the new CBA, he'll be franchised and then traded. If he doesn't play at all this year, then he will not accrue a year, and will be traded. IN BOTH CASES the man will never see the money he greedily wanted. Bottom line - he overplayed his hand and will now suffer the consequences.
    Posted by timesedge

I agree with you Skankins is being replaced and we don't need him....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Please...no more Mankins threads!! He's not going to help the Pats this season...pure and simple. He's as good as gone. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I agree with timesedge, m1024us and TP3; the O-line is performing quite well.  Will they give up a sack on occasion? No question; any O-line, no matter how good, will.  Do we need or want Mankins back? No way.  Is there a point to any more Mankins threads?  I don't see one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

....and stop posting about trading Mankins for soandso!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

Let's Make a deal from Yahoo Sports...Jason Cole and Michael Silver both propose trade of Mankins to Bears/Cowboys

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nfl/22432979;_ylt=AtbAFVrdCOVLE4Gt4wcKZzZDubYF#nfl/22432979

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins is no longer expendable having witnessed the early sucess this season of NFL teams with good defensive fronts:
    The problem is even if they bring him back now, he likely won't be effective, but he will be injury prone.  He can't help you this year and he won't be here next year (or in 2012)...Better off cutting your losses and getting a pick.
    Posted by e4smith

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Mankins is no longer expendable having witnessed the early sucess this season of NFL teams with good defensive fronts : Um... Brady's been sacked 5 times and only hit something like a total of 7 or 8 times all season. What makes you think that BB is not happy with the line he is playing now? Mankins f'd up when he rejected top 3-5 money. I personally do not think that we need him at all, and would be happiest if he just signed a contract so that we could trade him and be done with it. Connolly has not only done well, but has made Mankins IRRELEVANT. Mankins is a guard and apparently either has an over the top ego or an agent who completely screwed him over. Either way I feel like he's pretty much played his last down as a Patriot. If he holds out until week 10 then I do not see BB playing him over people who've been here all year. In addition unless the Franchise Tag is not part of the new CBA, he'll be franchised and then traded. If he doesn't play at all this year, then he will not accrue a year, and will be traded. IN BOTH CASES the man will never see the money he greedily wanted. Bottom line - he overplayed his hand and will now suffer the consequences.
    Posted by timesedge

+1

Honestly, I have not notices that there is a problem with the O-line at all in 2010.  Maybe, I've overlooked something?

I was wondrin' how thw coaches/team would react, knowing that Mankins has PO'd the boss; has been out a while.  Why would they play him, unless they had to?  And, let's give Connolly his due- outstanding!

From the same business perspective that Mankins is applying, the Pats have value (i.e. a #1 pick) invested in teh absentee lineman.  WHy shouldn't they do what is in their best interest; get something in return?

Yeah, the maths thread is a good one...appears as though Mr. Mankins has gaffed a few times on the same on this whole bit.

Sections
Shortcuts